Envoys

How about 1 envoy per era?

In a similar thread, folks were saying even 3 was not enough because the ai would push out many more... so you could liberate a cs than immediately be at war with it. Apparently even 9 or 11 envoys sent by the ai was not unheard of.

Personally, I have no problem with that. But if you think a liberator should be an automatic suzy, its something to consider.

Each quest DOES only stick around for one era. All quests are regenerated anew when you enter a new era.
Nope, quest stays until one of three things happen: (1) you fulfill it, (2) you end up at war with the city state, or (3) the quest becomes impossible to fulfill (e.g., you can no longer build the unit requested or you've researched the tech you were supposed to get the eureka for). If any of those apply, you get a new quest at the beginning of the next era.

Nope, quest stays until one of three things happen: (1) you fulfill it, (2) you end up at war with the city state, or (3) the quest becomes impossible to fulfill (e.g., you can no longer build the unit requested or you've researched the tech you were supposed to get the eureka for). If any of those apply, you get a new quest at the beginning of the next era.

I just realized... there are many times I get a quest, usually convert or trade route, that I will never fulfill (I play with religious borders normally), so I can dow to hopefully get a better quest next era if I have no envoys to lose (or just 1 if I reslot policies and get the twofer).

The request to kill a barb camp within 5 tiles goes as well obviously but just being clear as I have just had it 2 games running

That one, I've seen the city take care of it on it's own. Really annoying when I finally get a unit there just in time to watch them finish the camp off.
Quest goes away.

Phooey.

normally), so I can dow to hopefully get a better quest next era if I have no envoys to lose (or
@WillowBrook maybe you should update your guide with that one?

100% agreed however I just am happy each civ seems to get a different quest with a CS. Imagine if we were all competing... and yes AI civs do seem to get early quests too, fairly sure of that.

In my last game I had a quest from Kumasi who I met on around turn 8 to get a Great General, I played a peaceful game, never built an Encampment or got a general and the quest lasted until the Information Era when the last GG was taken, around turn 950 (Marathon).

I guess I could have DOWed them but they were permanent vassal and it would have been immersion breaking.

There does need to be at least 6 envoys for liberating a city at least post-Renaissance, though, I agree 3 is fine in ancient-classical and if the AI really wants to sink 9 envoys in they deserve to be suzerain but like, 3 doesn't even get you the full bonus and is just 1 wave of envoys to even out.

Top Bottom