1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic build times on Marathon game?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by ladiesman, Jan 29, 2008.

1. ladiesman

ladiesman Chieftain

How hard would it be to get the short Epic-game build times into a Marathon game? That just seems like it be a sweet spot to me. In Marathon games, it just feels like everything takes so long to build that it's kind of pointless. In Epic, things just go way too fast.

I want to be able to create huge armies and actually war in specific eras, rather than in Epic having my units obsolete so fast I don't know why I build them, or in Marathon for it to take like 300 years for me to build a Spearman.

So...is it possible?

2. frekk

frekk Scourge of St. Lawrence

Very easy.

Find Civ4GameSpeedInfo.xml in your (game directory)/assets/xml/gameinfo directory. Open it up in notepad. The first section deals with marathon speed, a few lines down you will see this: <iBuildPercent>300</iBuildPercent>

Under Epic, the same number is 150, so just change the one under marathon (300) to 150.

3. genine

genine Chieftain

there are already such gamespeeds out there for example in History in the making(an excellent mod by grave) you have a gamespeed oddesey which is much like the game speed you describe