Epic of Eastern Wonderland

Dumanios

MLG
I feel like making a story once again, using the Touhou Epic mod for Civ4.

Spoiler :

I'll just use generic settings: Terra, Temparate, Standard size, medium sea-level, normal speed, and Warlord setting (cause I'm not very proficient with this mod yet).

Spoiler :

Using my favorite character.

Spoiler :

The start location I get looks pretty good.

Spoiler :

I can confidently say I've never seen this mod before.

And subbed! :D

Spoiler :

We build our capital, and start to build Youmu. Each civ in the Touhou mod has access to 5 or 6 heroes, though these heroes start out in Standby mode and have to be upgraded to be in fighting mode. Each hero has three spellcards, one normal, one extra, and one phantasm. The Extra and Phantasm spellcards require the appropriate promotions. The Netherworld (my civ) also includes the Yakumo clan.

Spoiler :

Everyone else goes for heroes too.

Spoiler :

My northward bound warrior encounters Hina Kagiyama of Youkai Mountain. Each leader in this mod has two standard traits as well as a third unique trait. Youmu is Aggressive and Industrious, with the unique trait Hakugyoukorou Gardener, which grants the Direct Control promotion to your melee units, giving a 10% strength bonus. Hina is Expansive and Protective, with the unique trait Curse Goddess, which maximizes her anarchy at 1 Turn. Youkai Mountain includes everyone on Youkai Mountain - Kappa, Tengu, the Moriya Shrine, and even Bhava-Agra.

Spoiler :

We discover fishing, and our borders pop, getting a goody hut that nets some gold. I set the capital to work on work boats.

Spoiler :

The next decision is what tech to research. Mysticism is replaced with Natural Liquors, and religion as a whole in this mod is replaced with alcohol. In addition, each civ starts with a unique tech, and most of them can go further down a unique line of techs. The Human Village doesn't get a tech line, though they do get a few unique buildings and a unique unit.

Spoiler :

Hina discovers and converts to Mead Sect (Buddhism), while I discover Mining. Onward to BW.

Spoiler :

Our warriors attack some lions. No problem.

Spoiler :

We meet Flandre Scarlet. Potentially big problem. Flandre's quite the warmonger. Her traits are Sorcerous and Aggressive. Sorcerous is a new trait, which gives boss units the Extra mode promotion for free, effectively giving them their second spellcard right when they're upgraded. It also speeds up production of the Replay Museum (which grants Boss units more experience) and the Danmaku Courses (which make standard units more powerful against bosses). Flandre's unique trait is Forbidden Play, which allows her to destroy her own cities, though you get resistance. It thus seems very situational.

Spoiler :

I get Bronze Working. Next tech: Nekomata. I quickly go to Slavery.

Spoiler :

The warriors encounter and kill some Panthers. They get promo'd to Combat 2.

Spoiler :

Nekomata is discovered, which allows me to upgrade my hero and also grants me the ability to build the Cat's Paw wonder, which reduces hurry cost by 20%.

Spoiler :

I also discover Black Pearls. Hooray!

Spoiler :

After upgrading, I give Youmu Th Combat I and II. Like the standard versions, they increase her strength, but they also give benefits to the entire stack Youmu is in. The red promotion increases the Operational Range of the boss, and leads to several other promotions. The card promotion gives additional Power (distinct from strength), the pentagram is Border of Life, which allows the unit to revive, though at the cost of power. The final promotion is Easy Mode, which leads to higher modes as well as Extra and Phantasm mode. These promotions increase the strength of your spellcards and grant spell evasion to your stack. The Cover, Shock, and Charge promotions are simply souped-up equivalents of the standard versions.

Spoiler :

My warriors encounter those of Reimu Hakurei. Reimu herself is Financial and Charismatic, and her unique trait is Miko of Hakurei Shrine, which gives her faster production of the Hakurei Shrine project (it's the Internet, only now unique to the Hakurei Shrine. It won't be something to worry about for a while though.) The Hakurei Shrine faction also includes the Forest of Magic and its denizens.

Spoiler :

Some additional info on Cat's Paw. I set the capital to work on a worker.

Spoiler :

Pottery is discover. Onward to writing.

Spoiler :

Worker is built, now for a granary.

Spoiler :

I meet Keine. Keine Kamishirasawa is Philosophical and Expansive, and her unique trait is Historical Knowledge, granting her a 20% bonus to building wonders. The Human Village faction is the closest thing to an "other" faction the Touhou mod has, as it not only includes the Human Village, but also the Garden of the Sun, Ministry of Right and Wrong, and Maribel and Renko. The Human Village lacks a unique techline, only getting the Keine's Request they start the game with. They make up for it with a plethora of unique stuff: The Fast Worker, Ger, Seowon, Madrassa, Research Institute, Ziggurat, Mausoleum, and Dike.

Spoiler :

I discover Writing, and then go for Math.

Spoiler :

The Worker finishes the Cornfarm, and is sent to build a Ricefarm.

Spoiler :

Keine offers Open Borders. I accept.

Spoiler :

Christ, woman, those eyes!

I mean, Byakuran's traits are Sorcerous and Charismatic. Byakuran herself also seems to lack a Unique Trait, or rather, she has one, but it doesn't seem to do anything. The Star-Lotus Ship is basically the bosses of Game 12, minus Kogasa (she's with the fairy alliance).

Spoiler :

And here's the nation at Turn 50. Preparing to get a second city up to the south.

Seems like a pretty cool fantasy mod. What's with the alcohol thing though?

Mystic Oriental Dream ~ Ancient Temple is infinitely superior to Hiroari Shoots a Strange Bird ~ Till When?

EDIT: That being said, thank you for reminding me to change muh 2huz avatar/sig.

Spoiler :

I build a warrior and send him south to that isthmus.

Spoiler :

I meet the final leader: Yuugi Hoshiguma of Chireiden. Yuugi has the Aggressive and Charismatic traits, and her unique trait, Supernaturals, grants herself the Th Combat I promotion for free. Chireiden's biggest feature is that it's the only civ in this mod with access to nukes.

Spoiler :

My worker finishes the Ricefarm and is sent down to the cattle.

Spoiler :

And the slaves revolt. Ugh.

Spoiler :

Hina comes with a trade offer.

Spoiler :

My exploring warriors find the Human Village's area, while the Wine Sect is founded in the background.

Spoiler :

I promptly get reminded I never researched Animal Husbandry. Derp.

Spoiler :

My settler gets down there and builds Mayohiga. The city gets to work on a worker.

Spoiler :

I discover mathematics. Now to get AH.

Spoiler :

Yuugi and Flan both come up with Open Borders. I accept.

Spoiler :

I can finally get those Cattle. It'd probably be good to get Natural Liquors for a monument in Mayohiga.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile Yuugi doesn't like Keine for some reason. Perhaps horn rivalry.

Spoiler :

Natural Liquors is obtained.

Spoiler :

The Jiu Sect spreads to my land. State Alcohol is obtained.

Spoiler :

Bleh.

Spoiler :

I get another warrior and send him northward.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, my workers are finished in Mayohiga, just in time for Vedic Aryans to show up. I hate those guys. Youmu gets sent down to aid the warriors of Mayohiga.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, my warriors, while near the Hakurei lands, spot the Evil Spirit Mima.

Spoiler :

Vedic Aryans. They might be scary normally, but not today.

Spoiler :

After that, Mayohiga builds its second warrior. It begins to build a monument.

Spoiler :

Reimu builds the Kirisame Magic Shop. The Magic Shop gives 2 espionage points, 4 culture, and 6 production to the city it's built in. Keine also builds the Great Wall.

Spoiler :

I discover my next unique tech, granting a whole bunch of bonuses to my workers and an upgrade for Youmu.

Spoiler :

I whip the monument in Mayohiga.

Spoiler :

Warriors fight some barbs.

Spoiler :

And then I build my third city.

To be continued...

Spoiler :

Japanese Black Cattle gets built in Chireiden. This wonder's exclusive to Chireiden, and grants 4 culture and three Black Cattle resources. The Black Cattle resource provides +1 health as well as +1 :) with a Market.

Spoiler :

Namusan comes with a trade. Naturally I change some things.

Spoiler :

And then tech-trades ensue.

Spoiler :

More barbs.

Spoiler :

I get a worker in Cherry Barrier.

Spoiler :

Youmu get's a promotion.

Spoiler :

Yuugi asks for Natural Liquors. Seems odd that she didn't discover it on her own.

Spoiler :

The empire, at the end of this turnset. There's some Iron that I'm going for too.

Nice story. You have a link for the mod? I can't find it anywhere.

Yep. It's got two parts it needs to work.

The main mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/btggeb8j5vtjgg6/東方叙事詩1.13.zip

And the English patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ggtb4d5t3m42b8/TouhouEpicEng+v1.13_update.zip

There's also an optional media pack that adds some diplomusics: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1928fa7586452181&id=1928FA7586452181!147&sa=589826815 (the ones marked 01, 02, and 03)

It's best to run civ in Administration mode to play the mod.

This update's a bit shorter, and kinda took a turn for the worse.

Spoiler :

Keine and Reimu come for stuff. I accept both of them.

Spoiler :

Monastery is built in Hakugyokurou, next up: a missionary.

Spoiler :

I build the Grand Inari Shrine up on the coast and task it to build a warrior. Someone builds the Great Lighthouse.

Spoiler :

Cherry Barrier finishes its Monument, onto a Library.

Spoiler :

I build a missionary, and set Hakugyokurou to build another. Beer Sect (Confucianism) is founded elsewhere. The Missionary is sent to the Grand Inari Shrine.

Spoiler :

Yuugi comes, saying she'll give Brewing Method and 30 gold for Writing. Sure, why not.

Spoiler :

Hakugyokurou finishes the other Missionary, starts a lighthouse.

Spoiler :

Sake Sect gets found on the same turn that Keine builds the Oracle.

Spoiler :

The SDM gets a second hero, Hong Meiling. I also find they're distressingly close by.

Spoiler :

I finish up with the Lighthouse and start on a Market in Hakugyokurou.

Spoiler :

That distress turns out to be well-founded.

Spoiler :

Meanwhile, Reimu gets the Pyramids.

Spoiler :

I begin getting as many Archers as possible. That stack of Flandre's right next to Mayohiga includes Remilia, a swordsman, an axeman, and a spearman. There's a second swordsman tailing behind, and an archer behind him.

Spoiler :

Unsurprisingly, the battle turns sour. One of my warriors managed to kill a spearman, but he's the only survivor.

Spoiler :

He's recalled to the capital rather than doomed to a fatal last stand.

Spoiler :

Mayohiga is lost. My workers are getting a road to the Iron ASAP, while I get archers and more archers in Hakugyokurou. This could get difficult.

A real cliffhanger.:eek: Has there ever been one on Stories and Tales before? Kudos! :goodjob:

Yep. It's got two parts it needs to work.

The main mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/btggeb8j5vtjgg6/東方叙事詩1.13.zip

And the English patch: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ggtb4d5t3m42b8/TouhouEpicEng+v1.13_update.zip

There's also an optional media pack that adds some diplomusics: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=1928fa7586452181&id=1928FA7586452181!147&sa=589826815 (the ones marked 01, 02, and 03)
It's not an english mod?
I wonder if it would work without it if I'm in japanese IME

It's not an english mod?
I wonder if it would work without it if I'm in japanese IME

It was developed in Japan, but some fans translated it. As long as you have the translation and run the game in Admin mod, you're good.

As I have my Original account back, I have to sub again so subscribed!

Last time, on Epic of Eastern Wonderland, we received a rude awakening when Flandre Scarlet, our too-close-for-comfort neighbour, declared war on us. I had just settled Grand Inari Shrine to get Iron, but I needed the Iron now. Remilia directly led her troops and took Mayohiga, to the distress of Chen and the other nekomata. Now, the outlook is not so good... can the forces of the Netherworld repel the Scarlets?

Spoiler :

The Scarlets send a small force into my land: an Axeman and an Archer. There's also a barbarian axe in Byakuren's land for whatever reason.

Spoiler :

To the north, the workers finally arrive at the Grand Inari Shrine's iron deposits. That Iron will be mine!

Spoiler :

The fate of the Scarlet Expedition - Youmu went and smacked down the axeman. The Archer remains. Meanwhile, Flandre's moved her second hero into Mayohiga.

Spoiler :

Huzzah!

Spoiler :

I moved one of my Archers to a hill. The Scarlet Archer chose to attack him. It went poorly for the Scarlet Archer.

Spoiler :

I give Youmu a promotion, while that barbarian axeman in Byakuren's land is still alive for some reason.

Spoiler :

The very first Swordsman unit is trained.

Spoiler :

Keine arrives with a nice trade: Construction and 40 gold for Calendar. I accept.

Spoiler :

I get another swordsman and start making catapults.

Spoiler :

Reimu comes, saying she'll give 60 gold for Priesthood. I accept.

Spoiler :

The same turn, the Scarlets go on the attack: Their forces consisting of Hong Meiling, Remilia Scarlet, and 2 Swordsmen.

Spoiler :

500AD: The force arrives at the capital. At the same time, the Whiskey Sect (Christianity) is founded in a distant land. It is commonly accepted that these two events are distinct from one another. At the very least, the catapults will be able to deal some damage.

Spoiler :

They succeed in damaging the stack, though they both got smashed by Meiling.

Spoiler :

Now, it's Youmu's turn. Youmu's clone + a generic swordsman attack.

Spoiler :

It's fairly effective. Note that while I took down both Remi and Meiling, they revived via Supernatural Border. Spellcard rules, ya know.

Spoiler :

I also get a great general, who gets settled in the capital.

Spoiler :

With that done, I send a small force down to Mayohiga: 2 Swordsmen, an Axeman, and an Archer. It's enough to overwhelm the meager garrison left by the Scarlets.

Spoiler :

With that taken care of, I ask Flan for peace. Only, as it turns out, she's not quite prepared to stop the war. :/

Spoiler :

I discover Civil Service some turns later. I go onward to the next unique tech of mine: O-Niwaban.

Spoiler :

Some turns later, Flan is willing to make peace, though for a price. She asks for Mayohiga, I get her to settle for Code of Laws.

Spoiler :

With that done with, I can try and go back to peace. Hopefully.

I swear, Hina, you have better not pull anything.

Last time, on Epic of Eastern Wonderland...

The realm of Hakugyukurou came under attack by the evil forces of GanonFlandre Scarlet. However, through some whipping and magic, we managed to thwart the assault and retake Mayohiga. In the end, we managed to make peace with the Scarlet Devil Mansion, albeit by giving her Code of Laws.

Now, can we maintain the peace?

The empire:
Spoiler :

A market is built in Hakugyokurou. I decide to build a settler.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, the Grand Inari Shrine builds a Courthouse. I start work on a Market.
Spoiler :

Cherry Barrier builds a Jiu Plant (Temple), and starts a Jiue Yeast Refinery (Monastery).
Spoiler :

Despite having just fought a war with us, Flan is rather happy to meet with us. She comes over for an Open Borders agreement.
Spoiler :

I also discover O-Niwaban, allowing me to once again upgrade my hero. In addition, it also allows me to build three Fencing Schools, which give units built in those cities 5 XP points.
Spoiler :

It was (not quite) at that moment I recalled a method of early victory... one still available in this mod: a religious diplomatic victory.
Spoiler :

The capital builds a settler. Work begins on another one.
Spoiler :

I send the settler (and an Archer) to the blue circle. It's not gonna be a great city, but it'll help form a border with Youkai Mountain. In addition, two wonders have been built, both civ exclusive ones. The first, Sword-armoured Defender, is exclusive to the Myouren Temple, and provides the city it's built in with 4 culture per turn, and gives units built in it's city the March promotion and 3 experience points. It also tells me that the Buddhists have Iron. The other wonder, the Bunbunmaru Newspapers, is exclusive to our northern neighbours, Youkai Mountain. The Bunbunmaru gives city it's built in +4 culture per turn, and makes your spies give +1 commerce. It also allows the city it's built in to make two spies.
Spoiler :

We get Polytheism.
Spoiler :

We negotiate a trade with Yuugi. Not an optimal trade, but the money is nice to have.
Spoiler :

The Mead Monument of Origin is built. These are basically the shrines of each alcohol.
Spoiler :

Cat's Meeting is built.
Spoiler :

Toynbee arrives with a list of the wealthiest nations. Somehow, we make #3.
Spoiler :

Our other settler is built. Hakugyokurou starts building a worker, while the settler is sent westward.
Spoiler :

Cherry Barrier starts on a courthouse.
Spoiler :

Reimu, meanwhile, builds the Kourindou at the Kirisame Magic Shop. Kourindou gives the city +4 culture, +50% commerce, and a free merchant.
Spoiler :

The capital makes a worker, who goes to Cat's Meeting. I start on yet another worker.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Grand Inari Shrine finishes the market, and starts a temple.
Spoiler :

Our other settler arrives at his destination and builds a city.
Spoiler :

Trial of Oni is built by Chireiden. New units built in it's city recieve +5 XP points, and are built 50% faster.
Spoiler :

Reimu comes to our place asking for Civil Service. I give it to her.
Spoiler :

Mayohiga builds it's Monument and starts on a courthouse.
Spoiler :

Keine comes and asks for Civil Service too. Sure, why not?
Spoiler :

Hakugyokurou builds the other worker, who's promptly sent to 200-Yojana Garden. With Art of Distillation discovered, I begin on the Apost Banquet Hall. We start research on Paper.
Spoiler :

Just for the sake of it, I trade Theology to Keine for Horseback Riding, Monarchy, and 10 gold. Not bad.

And that's where I'll leave off.

So will you get the Diplomatic Victory by way of Banquet Hall?

Top Bottom