[Epic speed Huge Map] AIs seem bankcrupt and unable to expand territory

WileyNg

Prince
AIs are bogged down in bankruptcy and unable to expand territory. From turn 1-145 (Epic Speed, b4 medieval), There are two civs in my game, namely the Ottomans and the Greeks. They don't build their second city and I can see that they are quite bankrupt, suffering at least -10/turn gold. I think that's because they don't know how to guide their trade route and it keeps getting plundered by raging barbarians.

In fact that happens to me very frequently also, but I am smart enough to send troops to guide my trade routes. Also, barbarians are now everywhere using the RB option. Possibly because they tend to wander off away from their nest and even you clear the encampment there are still a few out there preying on your caravans.

AIs are bogged down in bankruptcy and unable to expand territory. From turn 1-145 (Epic Speed, b4 medieval), There are two civs in my game, namely the Ottomans and the Greeks. They don't build their second city and I can see that they are quite bankrupt, suffering at least -10/turn gold. I think that's because they don't know how to guide their trade route and it keeps getting plundered by raging barbarians.

In fact that happens to me very frequently also, but I am smart enough to send troops to guide my trade routes. Also, barbarians are now everywhere using the RB option. Possibly because they tend to wander off away from their nest and even you clear the encampment there are still a few out there preying on your caravans.

There are a few AI that can't handle their economy in every game. They usually get it together (or die) later on however. Never seen a game where the AI didn't manage to expand even once however.

Gazebo mentioned in one of the github bug reports that some of the AI tech flavors need to be updated for recent changes to the tech tree, particularly that pottery is now needed to make settlers. That's probably the cause of the zero expansion civs you're seeing.

I just recently had a game where sweden could not expand because they didn't get pottery at turn 107. As everyone knows now, getting settlers is now tied to the pottery tech. Needless to say, I had to scrap that game since he was my only neighbor, and the game was a bit boring.

Ive noticed, Ai barb only fortify when attacked,and sit there waiting to die, on King settings(what i usually play). Playing on emperor or diety fixes this, and currently Im enjoying playing on emperor more then ever.

Top Bottom