1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Epic Speed

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Nac82, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Nac82

Nac82 Chieftain

Hello all ! Is this mod optimized for the Epic Speed ? Because I'm playing on this speed now but it seems too fast ( I mean,the research,production,...). Can you light me ?

Thank you,

Nac82

2. Erikose

Erikose Chieftain

I play epic on a regular basis. My complaint is that while tech moves ahead, I often find myself with not enough hammers to build what I discover.

I do often see more modern units in the 16 and 1700's, long before they were around historically, so I guess I agree with your point, Nac82.

- Erikose

3. Nac82

Nac82 Chieftain

I spoke with Thal' and he gave me a solution. Copy this : UPDATE GameSpeeds SET ResearchPercent=200, CulturePercent=200, FaithPercent=200 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_EPIC'; to C:\Users\Your name\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Communitas Enhanced Gameplay (v 3) and add this in CEP_Options ;)

Your game will be re-balanced for Epic mode. Sure,you can change these values as you want.

Grettings,
    Nac82

4. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Hmm... interesting. I wonder why users on Epic feel the need to adjust the game?

Have any users on Marathon speed experienced game play "weirdness"?

The changes described here are a 33% increase of the Standard values but they are still much lower than the 300 values in Marathon speed, and there are other percentages that are not changed by that code.

Basically, the percentage values are worked from the Standard this way.
    Quick is a 33% reduction of the values, Epic is a 50% increase and Marathon is a 200% increase.
    Or to put it another way.
    Quick = 66%
    Standard = 100%
    Epic = 150%
    Marathon = 300%

Also, I have no idea why we have changed the 'InflationPercent' to 0 in the GameSpeeds.
    What does that value do?

5. stackpointer

stackpointer King

I believe inflation was a depreciated game mechanic that didn't make its way into Civ 5.

6. mystikx21

mystikx21 Deity

Inflation is in Civ5 on unit upkeep (this was true even with the fixed unit upkeep values based on unit strength or hammer cost in GEM). We (Thal and I) discovered this a while ago. I don't think that value actually does anything, or if it did it was only in conjunction with some other function that hasn't yet been enabled in CivUp.

We depreciated it out in 1.13 for GEM by changing the unit divisor factor to a very high figure, making it effectively zero. I'm not sure that "inflationpercent" does anything as a result or that this was tested to be essential to removing inflation effects. It ended up having enormous economic impacts to do this, essentially was -50-70% of the upkeep cost of military units in the later game. So I would guess the change hasn't come back yet for balance reasons (same reason the unit-upkeep formula hadn't been updated), and hasn't been noticed because it wasn't well understood by people playing Civ5 in the first place.

7. Nac82

Nac82 Chieftain

My solution seems not working... Maybe Thal' will correct this soon. Epic is my favorite mode !

8. stackpointer

stackpointer King

If ResearchPercent is still too low then try increasing the value even higher.

9. Nac82

Nac82 Chieftain

Yes,I will try.

10. oldboy69

oldboy69 Chieftain

A simple way to do it is subscribe to a slowmo of your choice go on the workshop and choice the one wich fit you the most those mods are compatible with communitas I usually play standard speed with slow mo 30 it does give u bit to much culture late game but nothing too crazy.