Epic WTF moment

G-Max

Deity
I'm playing as Germany, and I'm stable. The Dutch declare independence, which shouldn't happen if I'm stable, but whatever. I move in to reclaim their territory. Then, all of my former vassals, as well as Spain (with whom I had a defensive pact) and ITS vassals, all declare war not just on me, but on each other.

So I look at the event log, and it turns out that the Dutch immediately became vassal states of Spain upon declaring independence. So... I attacked my ally, all of my vassal states attacked my ally, then my vassal states defended my ally by attacking each other :rolleyes:

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

No, I haven't. But isn't this stuff suppost to be in the "OMG, look what happened thread"?

I thought that was mostly for hilariously non-historical stuff, like Aztecs colonizing Europe... this is more of a flaw in the game rules.

Yeah, you're so reluctant to open up new threads anyway ;)

Agree with Leoreth. Besides, the version you are playing is obviously 1.181 or an older one, because America doesn't exist in 1763AD and also some graphics were changed. There is no need to make a new thread to show something weird that happened with a previous version, because you may assume that this is now fixed.

I'm playing as Germany, and I'm stable. The Dutch declare independence, which shouldn't happen if I'm stable, but whatever. I move in to reclaim their territory. Then, all of my former vassals, as well as Spain (with whom I had a defensive pact) and ITS vassals, all declare war not just on me, but on each other.

So I look at the event log, and it turns out that the Dutch immediately became vassal states of Spain upon declaring independence. So... I attacked my ally, all of my vassal states attacked my ally, then my vassal states defended my ally by attacking each other :rolleyes:

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

They fixed this in the most current RFC

I played for Germany many times, and yes it happened from time to time some civilization spawn in your empire and become a vassal (from example greece spawn and become vassal of turkey), so if you declare war to greece, it cause war with turkey and any civilization turkey have defensive pact, etc.

Top Bottom