Epsilon Foreign Ministry

How about this one? Took a while, and there are plenty of obvious errors - both in the map, as well as in the Photoshopping. Any suggestions?

EDIT: it's clear to me that the Great Scientists' name is way too apparent. Maybe we could come up with a more subtle name?

hmm. I don't know - it's a good start. BUT the mini-map in the lower right REALLY needs to be changed... or, maybe we should just crop that whole lower HUD out of the shot.

Plus - if possible - I'd like to see some English Redcoats marching by :D

OKay - good suggestions. I'll give it another shot now.

I didn't even think about the mini-map. I'll see what I can do. I don't think it'd be right to crop it out entirely, for why did we not crop out the research bar?... Unless we should crop both out?

I did indeed use WorldBuilder :confused:

Ah, you did use world builder. Can you edit the date ingame so we don't need to copy-paste that?

I'd rather turn off the team names if the copy-paste turns out that badly.

If we're throwing out suggestions… how about another prominent Iron hill or 2…

And maybe try "Nairis" (Sirian backwards) as the Great Scientist name.

:D

OKay - I'm working on those suggestions now.

Part of the problem with my copy-paste was that I had to rescale everything from Memphus' original. I'll download the save an take my own screenie. That might help.

I'll add a couple more iron hills.

I also though of Xi Riang as a sinofication of Sirian. Nairis is good too :) Any preferences?

Xi Riang is clever... but might be going a little too far. If it weren't for my Chinese friends at College, I don't think I'd have ever gotten the joke.

Finally - the [hopefully] finished product.

The minimap is seriously messed with.
Redcoats
Added 2 unimproved Iron Hills
Better copy/paste
Renamed GS.

Now I have to go home. Unfortunately, I don't have photoshop at home, so I'd say go with this one, unless someone want to have a stab at it. I'll upload the source images to a draft in the team email.

EDIT: Once glaring error - land use says 100% Chinese. I'll try and fix it right now :blush:

I love it! Beautiful! :clap:

Any objection to posting it asap?

Peter - would you like to be the one to post this? It might add to the confusion of the more gullible people… ie "General_W wouldn't post the whole screen, but this diplomacy noob Peter guy made a serious mistake while GenW was playing with his new baby!"

It would help then if the rest of us Epsilonians kept our mouths shut for a couple days in the UN, so there no obvious "oh, Memphus would have said something if it wasn't a joke"

Clearly, this is over the top and most won't be fooled. But maybe we can get a couple people. :D

Can you post when you get home Peter?
EDIT: And I'd suggest using the CFC file/picture sharing... makes it look more like a quick mistake, I'd say.

One note it says St. Augustine.

When I did it is said another name?!?

Other than that looks spectacular!!

Okay, it's posted in the EEN Headline News thread. Maybe we should 'retract' the image after a day or so, as if we 'discovered' my carelessness? :lol:

:lol: :lol: DaveShack beat us to the punch!
The image is gone.

I'll send him a PM. :)

EDIT: Also sent to RegentMan, Ginger_Ale, and Rik Meleet

DaveShack,

Thanks for your prompt action on the "spoiler" image that PeterGrimes posted in the Civ4 MTDG UN forum.

However - we probably should have warned you - it was a joke. Closer examination of the picture will show it's clearly a fake.

We're showing Piffle with RedCoats already, Epsilon with 4 sources of Iron and 2 Great Scientists. (And one with a name suspiciously like Sirian spelled backwards.)

Anyway – if you could un-block the image, that’d be great. Please rest assured, there’s no spoiler info there… :)

Thanks for your work and conscientiousness as Mod and a Player in the MTDG.

- General_W (Foreign Minister of Team Epsilon)

I'm just going to vent here a little:

I'm annoyed that there have been two turns in a row that have gone past the 24 hour deadline, without a request for extension posted. It's completely understandable that sometimes the save can't be played in the time alloted. That's what the extension requested are there for.

Unfortunately, being the score leader, I don't think it would be wise for use to raise this issue in the UN. However, this behavior seems to be accruing acceptability, as more and more turns pass WAY beyond the deadline with no comment from anyone.

Admins?

While I second your frustration Peter (especially as the current save player for Epsilon, which by the way between DaveMcW and myself have never missed a 24 hour deadline (and actually if memory serves me right we only have 1 turn that took over 12 hours for us to play...but shhh I have real life :mischief: )

In any event It is the easter long weekend right now, and just like at Xmas people are away, although that is no excuse. As far as Pffile goes it looks Like Conroe (thier primary turn player) is gone for a week...again no excuse but it does explain things a little.

But maybe that is why Epsilon is the leader in points as our forum is active...and maybe the others are dead? :(

I mentioned a possible trade in the relevant thread, but this one I can't remember which team it is, but I thought it would be good for us to see if a trade is available. One team has some dye available and it would be good to offer one of our spare whales for a like trade.

Top Bottom