1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Epsilon Foreign Ministry

Discussion in 'Team Epsilon' started by General_W, May 19, 2006.

1. General_W

General_W Councilor & Merlot Noble

Any trade with Aloha (the team with Dyes) would have to be approved by Piffle, per our alliance deal with them.

There’s no way Piffle is going to agree to that. We’ve already promised Military Aid to Piffle in their coming war with Aloha because Aloha is a hard target. It wouldn’t make any sense for us to help make them stronger.

On a positive note – once Piffle captures those dyes… then we can trade for them! :lol:

2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Well we could say to Piffle that we could use this potential trade to make things seem that we are not panning for an attack so it will make Piffle less likely to say no to our possible trade deal. I know that in my Domestic Office that we are waiting for those dyes so that we can really spruce up the office and make it look much more attractive. ;)

3. General_W

Ok – I'm going to re-propose something kinda radical here.
    Maybe a bad idea – but I think we ought to talk though it.

Peter & DaveMcW already mentioned it a bit, but things have changed even more since then.

I think we ought to seriously consider attacking Innovia instead of Loco.

Aloha just traded Nationalism to Innovia, and it's a fair assumption that Aloha is probably working on Military Tradition right now, while Innovia is researching gunpowder.

Bottom line: We're not that far ahead of these two monsters in getting cavalry.

Loco, on the other hand, is so behind in tech and has such a terrible research rate (apparently), and is about to get pummeled by Innovia.
    We can finish them off anytime we want.

Maybe we should hit Innovia now before they get too strong. With Galleons, it'll actually be easier to invade Innovia than Loco, and will have shorter re-supply routes.

Of course, Loco has better Wonders, and Innovia has Camel Archers, while Loco has nothing.

But this may still be our best chance to take out Innovia before it becomes very difficult.

Final argument, we're likely to end up fighting with Innovia over Loco's cities anyway. If we think we're going to be at war with them at that point, why engage them in Loco land where the weight of their military will be deployed? Instead, shouldn't we launch a surprise attack against their homeland?

What am I missing?
    Let's tear this apart – because if we DO want to switch targets, we're going to need to talk to Piffle about it.

4. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Whatever happens, I don't want Loco to survive. They can easily tip the balance of power if given a chance.

I agree that invading Innovia and the remnants of Loco simultaneously is worth considering.

The defense thread is probably a better place to discuss invasion points. Keep in mind that Nationalism+Spiritual allows a homeland defense to be built very rapidly.

5. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Let's also remeber that they can now with the Pyramids switch to police state to just pump out the military

6. General_W

I agree that the defense thread is a better place to discuss invasion points – but first we have to decide WHO we're attacking. :lol:

There's no doubt that Innovia is a more difficult target – but my argument is that the difficulty is only likely to increase from here on out.
    Loco, on the other hand, may get a little harder, but nothing like Innovia.

I think we want to make some decisions sooner, rather than later – because Piffle needs to be brought on board.
    I think Piffle is a fairly easy sell… something like "Given that Innovia & Aloha are apparently cooperating on getting Cavalry, we think it's a bad idea to leave Innovia alone for too long. If we hit them hard, we'll be helping to prevent this rival alliance from getting competing cavalry as quickly. Since we'll now be taking on a more difficult opponent, we're hoping we can relax/eliminate the number of cavalry we promised to help you. After all, Innovia is actually a more powerful opponent than Aloha even!"

Or something like that.
    If there's some reason we can't make up our minds, we could just bounce the idea off Piffle as "something we're thinking about" and get their take on it?

Anyway – we need to start working towards some kind of resolution.
    What do you think?

7. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I basically think the opposite. We need to kill Aloha ASAP before they get cossacks.

Loco and Innovia can wait.

8. General_W

So you think we should try to join with Piffle in taking out Aloha? :confused:

How would we work that?

9. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

Well for starters, we could gift them the units they asked for.

10. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Also the sooner Pfiffle Gets Red Coats the sooner we are protected from Cossacks.

11. General_W

ok - so we need to gift PIffle the units we promised.
    I'm good with that.

Does that mean we should proceed as planned and catch Loco in a pincer move?
    Or deviate to go for the head of the beast?

12. General_W

well - this seems to have stalled...

So I'm guessing that means full steam ahead on plans to invade Loco, and fight our primary battle there, with maybe a side invasion of Loco after things are cooking.
    I'll draft a note to Piffle.

13. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I think you mean a side invasion of Innovia...

I agree with DaveMcW that we can afford to supply Piffle with 6 cavalry, as per the original plan. We delay our attack, which gives us the most options. We can choose, depending on the international situation, to assault Innovia only, Loco and Innovia, or just Loco.

We won't have an invasion force ready for about 30 turns, depending on how long it takes to get Astronomy and build the Galleons.

14. General_W

From the declaration of War thread in the UN:
    :wallbash: Real subtle, Joe! :rolleyes: ... I'm sure Innovia will NEVER figgure out who! [/heavy sarcasm]

15. Memphus

Memphus Deity

Yeah that was real good...

I almost died when I read it.

Looks Like we have no friends over In Innovia land now. BTW I really Don't like that Warrior running around our land...

16. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I thought that whole point of us refusing the NAP was to prove we're not friends. :)

17. classical_hero

Looks like our choice of target is much easier for us now.

18. General_W

Yeah, for what's it worth, Joe's comment doesn't materially change our already sour relationship with Innovia… it just gives them one more reason not to like us! :lol:

I think you're referring to Innovia here?
    But actually, personally, this makes me feel better about attacking Loco! :lol:
    They're playing SO sloppy!

I'm working on a foreign update, but I'll tell you now, that Loco switched to REPUBLIC for their government type instead of Police State!
    What's in the water over there at Loco land???

19. classical_hero

Well I was referring to Loco, because loose lips sinks ships. My comment was deliberately open ended. It could mean perfect opportunity to get rid of both nations, now that they are at war with each other, leaving them vulnerable to attack.

20. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I don't think that Loco has Nationalism.... isn't that's what's required for Police State?