Epsilon Foreign Ministry

Loco doesn't have Nationalism. But they DO have the Pyramids :D

Quite the Statement By Robi D in the main forum...Interesting could be a ploy to disguise thier alliance? (Aloha / Innovia)

For reference, The Statement from Aloha:
The people of Aloha are deeply concerned by the latest turn of events. We are a peaceful nation and seek to cooperate with other nations towards a better future for all.

While it is natural that we will have differences from time to time, these can always be overcome by sitting down and talking to one another. There are times when this can be a difficult process, but nothing patience and perseverance can not overcome.

For Innovia to have skipped past this process and straight into an aggressive act is not an action we Alohans can condone. To let diplomacy fail is a tragedy, but to not attempt it at all is travesty we can not ignore. We will be reviewing all our current deals with Innovia.

With this in mind we call on all of nations of Sirian to join us in condemning this act of overt aggression and to call on both parties to put their weapons down and sit down and talk with one another.

We pray that common sense prevails

Robi D, Foreign Minister of Aloha
I wonder if we should issue a similar statement, and ask Piffle to do the same, so that there is a united international front.

I imagine that this is indeed a smokescreen, but it's pretty ineffective, as we already have our suspicions.

EDIT: We are currently trading Silks for Whales with Innovia, so declaring war would hurt our happycap.

I'm working on a foreign update, but I'll tell you now, that Loco switched to REPUBLIC for their government type instead of Police State!
What's in the water over there at Loco land???

I assume that Representation refers to Republic. But this is quite confusing, so, would it be possible to just leave the same names for the various civics? Also Republic is sooo Civ3.

So – while I've been gone, the team seems to have carried on just fine without the Foreign updates.

I've been starting to think that with the world pretty much set for the big war-to-end-all-wars… there's not really a lot left to do diplomatically.

Do we really need to continue the giant robust foreign updates?
They take quite a bit of time for me, and I'm not sure they're all that useful anymore.

So what if I started taking screenshots from the played saves and posting them instead. It would take some of the load off our president, and provide an easy way for people to follow along without having to get the save, download it, and look around manually.

I'll still handle any diplomacy that comes along (as long as I stay Foreign Minister) – but I expect that to be pretty light duty.

What do people think? If everyone still sees value in the FM updates, I'll keep doing them.
Let me know!

P.S. You'll probably notice I changed my avatar. I'm getting more involved with the diplomacy in the Civ3 MTDG as that game is just really starting to heat up… so I changed my pic to reflect where more of my effort is going. I left my tag line as "servant of the Leader" – to show I'm still committed to Epsilon… so no worries ;)

Works for me :)

But drafting that letter killed me...

As long as we keep up relations with Pfiffle, I am all good :goodjob:

One of the hardest things for 'plebians' to keep up with, that the Foreign Office does very well, is changes in nations' civics, trading status, and score. I dont' know how much effort is involved in maintaining that aspect of the Foreign Updates, but it's very useful information.

If I can help with screenshots, let me know, if that will help ;)

ok – when I get some time tonight (or first thing tomorrow) I'll post my first reborn Foreign Update.

I'll keep the Score Tracker, World Map, International Relations Report, and Foreign Trade Analysis.

Since I'll be keeping on all of that – Peter, maybe you could post some screenshots from the turns? I think it will really help participation among the more casual members of our team if it's a bit easier to see what's going on. (vs having to open the save to see anything beyond the text reports)

Sure thing! What sort of screen shots are in demand?

Graphs? (which ones, specifically?)
Foreign movements? (do we even see those?)
Trade options screens? (the tables?)

Actually, I think the main things people want to see are some shots of our territory (zoomed out) - maybe a city screen or two if something interesting has happened, and certainly shots of the locations of any battles or major toop movements that we can see.

Sadly, last night ended up being really busy, and I didn't get the chance to open the save before work... so my update is going to be delayed again till after work. But I'll for sure get it done then... and then I should be more regular going forward.

:salute:

Top Bottom