Epsilonian Diplomacy Championship I

Hey that's what Babel Fish came up with when I translated "Long live liberty! Down with Austria!"

When I translated it back to English, I figured that was close enough. :) I especially liked the "Downwards with Austria" part of the translation.

Austria is now working on his orders - totally got mugged at work - I beg again for leniency. (will actually be the first time I've taken advantage of your goodwill)

Thanks everyone!

Austrian Orders are now in!
Thanks for your patience. :salute:

Fall 1906 Moves

England falls as Russia dominates Europe! Austria and France surrender to save countless innocent lives. Memphus is crowned The Great Czar over all of Europe.

Congratulations, Memphus, on a game well-played. Congratulations also to our runner-up, General_W and to gbno1fan for surviving until the end.

Information is also available on the first page of this thread.

Notes about moves:
1. England was eliminated this turn.
2. The Austrian attack on Spain fails because the support was cut by the French fleet which was in West. Med.
3. The French Fleet in West. Med. was forced to retreat to North Africa (since England was technically occupying the Mid-Atlantic during the retreat phase).
4. The French Army in Holland retreated to Belgium.
5. Russia bounced out of Rumania due to the support from Serbia.
6. There will not be build orders since the game is over anyway. The Winter 1906 is the final map of the game.
7. I will be starting a thread later today for Epsilon Diplomacy Championship II.
Spoiler Fall 1906 Move Summary :

Austria –
Army Munich MOVES to Munich – fails due to errors in writing
Army Tyrolia SUPPORTS Army Bohemia to Munich
Army Picardy MOVES to Paris
Army Marseilles MOVES to Spain
Army Piedmont MOVES to Marseilles
Army North Africa MOVES to Tunis
Army Serbia SUPPORTS Rumania
Army Rumania HOLDS -
Fleet Gulf of Lyon SUPPORTS Army Marseilles to Spain – cut by attack from West. Med.
Fleet Tunis MOVES to West Mediterranean
Fleet Tyrrhenian Sea SUPPORTS Fleet Tunis to West. Med.

England –
Fleet English Channel MOVE to Mid Atlantic
Fleet Mid-Atlantic DISBANDED

France –
F Wales MOVE to English Channel
F London SUPPORT F Wales to English Channel
F Belgium MOVE to Picardy
A Gascony MOVE to Brest
A Ruhr MOVE to Munich
A Holland MOVE to Ruhr
F West Mediterranean MOVE to Gulf of Lyon
F Spain SUPPORT F West Mediterranean to Gulf of Lyon
F West Mediterranean RETREAT to North Africa (since technically England occupied the Mid-Atlantic during the retreat phase)
A Holland RETREAT to Belgium

Russia –
Fleet Sevastopol Move Rumania
Fleet Black Sea Support Russian Fleet Sevastopol to Rumania
Fleet Aegian Sea Move Greece
Army Bulgaria Support Russian Fleet Aegian to Greece
Army Smyrna Move Constantinople
Army Munich Hold
Army Berlin Support Russian Army Munich
Army Kiel Move Holland
Fleet Helgoland Bight Support Russian Army Kiel to Holland
Army Denmark Move Kiel
Army Edinburgh Move Liverpool
Fleet North Sea Move Edinburgh
Fleet Norway Move North Sea

Spoiler Winter 1906 (End) Map :

Spoiler Supply Center Occupations :

Austria: 11 - Budapest, Marseilles, Naples, Paris, Rome, Rumania, Serbia, Trieste, Tunis, Venice, Vienna
England: 0
France: 5 - Belgium, Brest, London, Portugal, Spain
Germany: 0
Italy: 0
Russia: 18 - Ankara, Berlin, Bulgaria, Constantinople, Denmark, Edinburgh, Greece, Holland, Kiel, Liverpool, Moscow, Munich, Norway, Sevastopol, Smryna, St. Petersburg, Sweden, Warsaw
Turkey: 0
Neutral 0

Ha!

Well played Memphus! :salute:

Shall we all start revealing all our secrets now?

Well Hello Good Generals ~ Great Game and you havn't heard from me in a while.

Must be my old age ;)

Or could it be that I am planning to get married to Memphus :lol: :eek: :mischief:

He asked me to do him a favor and create an account on this site (which I refer to as "CivDumbAddicts") so that he could then email and acquire inteligence about this other game he was now obsesed with. :eek:

(In the background I can Hear France and England crying...think of the plans you revealed, .... Russia Knew all along :lol: :king: )

Why not Mention Austria? Because he was in on it of course :p

Russia and Austria were allies right to the end (with one well placed backstab I might add to win the game) , every attack was staged, oh what a show this must have been.

Now you know,

All is fair in Diplomacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Originally Memphus asked Rick if he could create a seperate account for these devious purposes :evil: . He was denied as per the CFC Rules. However not being discourage that is when he asked me (His Fiancee) to create an account and post in this forum ONLY (safe for initial introductions to make it Look Like Italian Voice was here for MTDG).

With that I would Like to sign off and say this is my last post, My purpose has been served :salute:

Hmm. I wouldn't believe it if you hadn't written with all the smileys. And upon reflection of the email trails, I see that you do indeed write in the style of Memphus - lots of typos and deep in character ;)

Also, my personal thoughts on the matter (and these are from me as a Gamemaster, not as a player who just lost - I really think I played an excellent game and I'm not disappointed in the outcome):

In diplomacy there are some actions that can damage a reputation in future games. I committed one of these actions when I backstabbed England this game. However, I feel it was justified and I believe Peter will be able to put it behind him when the time arises that we need to trust each other in another game.

I do not believe that bringing in a player with the sole intention of being a spy/ally is ethical. This goes along the lines in my book with tampering with email, falsifying emails, and carrying alliances from one game to the next. Having a spy out of the game (mine this game was Fe, though he wasn't able to get much information for me before I had to spend less time chatting with him on AIM) is acceptable. Having an ally in the game is acceptable. Any player is allowed to say anything they want to whoever they want. What is not acceptable is deciding to play a game and already deciding who would be your ally.

When you play diplomacy, you should enter the game open to all possibilities - and not let previous friendships/relationships affect your decisions. It was perfectly acceptable for Memphus's fiance to play. However, I am dissapointed that she did so for the sole reason of helping Memphus.

This type of move is akin to automatically being given extra supply centers. Every player should have to fight for each and every non-home supply center. In this case, Memphus simply saw an opportunity with CH leaving, and took them for free.

[/rant]

History of the World
According to Austria​

The world was created by gbno1fan. This was generally regarded as a bad move and has caused a lot of fighting and unhappiness ever since.

The Great General_W awoke to find himself the sole ruler and Monarch of Austria. After being initially pleased with his newfound power and an excellent breakfast in his enormous new bed, the General rapidly became disappointed as he realized his nation was surrounded by hostile kings that wanted to kill him.
This thoroughly ruined his breakfast.

Fortunately, by the end of 1901, General_W had forged an alliance with Russia that would span most of the following years.

General_W forges a temporary alliance with England and France to secure his Western Borders and freeing the General to focus on expanding Southward at the expense of Turkey and slightly North-Westish, at the expense of Germany.

1903-1905
Lots of Fighting ensued. France betrayed England freeing Austria to attack France without losing any sleep at night.
The ruler of Turkey was deposed, and General_W came to suspect that the new ruler in Turkey was little more than a puppet for his Tsarist master in Russia. Upon having this confirmed, the Great General carried on as if nothing had happened and remained slightly amused at the antics of the puppet ruler as Russia did what Russia was about to do anyway… formally absorb Turkey into the Russian Empire.

Just as the General was on the cusp of victory, the wiley Russian Tsar, won control of the world. On hearing this news, the Great General_W was heard to say "What?! I've just captured Paris! I'm on my way there now for a croissant with Prime Minister Ben. Why is the war over?" and he was told "Because Russia now controls 18 supply centers" to which the General said, "And why does that make him ruler of Europe?" and he was then told, "That's the rules!" to which the General retorted, "And who decided that?!?" to which the ministers patiently explained, "It's just the way it is." Prompting the General to explode, "I demand a recount! That dirty Tsar! I'll get him! I'm the King of Austria!" To which the General's aids finally had no choice and had to hit him over the head and haul him off to a mental institution. Which, as it turns out, worked out all right for the General because they serve very good croissants there for breakfast.

The end. :king:

Well-played, Italian Voice, and Memphus!!! You certainly had me convinced ;)

I can't wait to tell the guys at work about this - they are going to get a real kick out of it!

I learned a lot in this game, and I hope to learn more in the next. Thanks for the opportunity.

Top Bottom