1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Equal Islands for Vanilla?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Map Scripts' started by MiroMcDuck, Jul 8, 2008.

1. MiroMcDuck

MiroMcDuck Chieftain

I was wondering if there is an Equal Islands map for Vanilla Civ4. I've been looking for it, but couldn't find any. :help: And the BTS' map doesn't work in Vanilla of course. :badcomp: I have also tried to edit the BTS' script and it is working fine in single player, but in MP causes OOS and the other guy always has a land full of grasslands, no sea at all. :shake:

I'm not that familiar with these scripts :dunno:, so i dont know what is wrong. :wallbash: I would be glad if someone posted that map here if there is any. :thanx:

2. Nercury

Nercury Chieftain

You could try many continents with Planet Generator. I made it to produce unpredictable but balanced continents.

3. MiroMcDuck

MiroMcDuck Chieftain

Thanks, but there are some things about equal islands: it is used primary for OCC, so the island should be very small, with a lot of food around the city and also key resources nearby (iron, oil, aluminium). And the most important thing - everybody gets exactly the same island. Even such thing as marble 1 tile farther from city than your opponent has can cause quite significant difference in OCC.

4. Sto

Sto Should i code today ...

For the resource part , you can try Full of Resources. You can erase all starting resources, and place some resources for each player(on the city radius , in the next 2 rings, and in the next 4 rings for OCC games). The resources added can be forced or equalized. So you can have the same resources for everyone.

For everyone having the same island , you should perhaps try islands ... that depend on the number of players. You will not have the same island but about the same start loc and the same resources.

I plan to add some other equalization options, but not for tomorrow.

Tcho !

5. MiroMcDuck

MiroMcDuck Chieftain

OK, now I know the problem wasn't in the script itself but in Vanilla Civ. If you want to play some map, all of the players must have it; download from the host just doesn't work. :(

Since BTS' script doesn't work in Vanilla, i also attach a modified version for original Civ, if someone else wanted to play it...

Attached Files: