Equal Islands for Vanilla?

MiroMcDuck

Chieftain
I was wondering if there is an Equal Islands map for Vanilla Civ4. I've been looking for it, but couldn't find any. :help: And the BTS' map doesn't work in Vanilla of course. :badcomp: I have also tried to edit the BTS' script and it is working fine in single player, but in MP causes OOS and the other guy always has a land full of grasslands, no sea at all. :shake:

I'm not that familiar with these scripts :dunno:, so i dont know what is wrong. :wallbash: I would be glad if someone posted that map here if there is any. :thanx:

You could try many continents with Planet Generator. I made it to produce unpredictable but balanced continents.

Thanks, but there are some things about equal islands: it is used primary for OCC, so the island should be very small, with a lot of food around the city and also key resources nearby (iron, oil, aluminium). And the most important thing - everybody gets exactly the same island. Even such thing as marble 1 tile farther from city than your opponent has can cause quite significant difference in OCC.

For the resource part , you can try Full of Resources. You can erase all starting resources, and place some resources for each player(on the city radius , in the next 2 rings, and in the next 4 rings for OCC games). The resources added can be forced or equalized. So you can have the same resources for everyone.

For everyone having the same island , you should perhaps try islands ... that depend on the number of players. You will not have the same island but about the same start loc and the same resources.

I plan to add some other equalization options, but not for tomorrow.

Tcho !

OK, now I know the problem wasn't in the script itself but in Vanilla Civ. If you want to play some map, all of the players must have it; download from the host just doesn't work. :(

Since BTS' script doesn't work in Vanilla, i also attach a modified version for original Civ, if someone else wanted to play it...

Attachments

• Equal_Islands_Vanilla.zip
    7.6 KB · Views: 762
Top Bottom