1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Era Specific Atlantian Cities by Redalert and I

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Graphics Modpacks' started by Sword_Of_Geddon, May 19, 2005.

1. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Some were from Neomega's cities from his mod, two of the other buildings I found on the Building Libraury, though I forget where.

2. Camber

Camber Resident Family Therapist

This city set is just breathtaking! Excellent work!

I like the colors, but also that the later eras are difficult to place with one particular culture. It is very clearly its own culture group.

You mentioned that you'd be interested in some suggestions for the next city graphics project. Here's one for you, see what you think:

For use in the epic game, where the last era is Future, and the third era is Industrial and Modern combined. So the third era cities would have both modern and industrial elements, and then the fourth era could look very futuristic, perhaps even with bubble forceshields over the cities for the "walled" graphic (a la Alpha Centauri). All five culture groups would be represented.

3. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sounds like you are doing something similiar to what I have in my mod Camber.. ;)

Ok...one question before I get started, what overall look would you like for each culture group?

4. Camber

Yes, if you look back into the posts from last year, you'll find that I was getting started on mine around October last year, but I've just been very slow at it due to school and the fact that I'm working alone. This month I've finally finished my map and tech tree, and I'm starting to add units.

There certainly has been a lot of activity on your Heart of Destiny mod lately. I don't read the posts, but because I subscribed months ago, I get popups whenever a new post is made. Once I figured out earlier this year that we were doing similar ideas, I stopped following the discussion so I wouldn't subconsciously steal any ideas. I think the two will be different enough to make playing both pretty enjoyable, but I really don't know, since I'm not keeping up on your progress. ;)

Overall look for each culture group--that is a hard question to answer. But here are some ideas.

Coruscant-like structures for the European group.
    Tatooine-like structures for the Middle-Eastern group.
    Star Trek-like structures for the American group. (anything from Star Trek you can find)
    Robotech-like structures for the Asian group
    Atlantis will do just fine for the Mediterranean group :)

These are just some ideas. Feel free to make it fit the needs of your own mod, where those needs would differ from my descriptions. Thanks!

5. Sword_Of_Geddon

I was thinking a DBZ/Chrono Trigger look for the Asian cities, some sort of techno Babylon look for the Middle East etc. But you will see when they are finished my friend.

6. Camber

That sounds absolutely grand. I'm really looking forward to seeing these.

7. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Im blue daba-de-daba-die!

8. RedAlert

RedAlert Love one another

Fantastic cities! I really like what you've done with them, Sword_of_Geddon, they look great. Truly Atlantian. Oh, and that's a nice blue :cool:

9. WARRIOR_MD

WARRIOR_MD Barbarian

Thats pretty cool, i think = ) but what buildings should i replace with them?