Erebus Continent + Orbis

Milaga

Prince
I really like the Erebus Continent mapscript, and I'd love to play Orbis with it. Unfortunately, it does not work for Orbis. I am of no help in debugging the problem since I get a CTD the instant the mapscript tries to generate anything. No relevant logs are created.

Anyone got any help for Seven05? Ahwaric?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=308590

The Erebus continent mapscript included in Orbis works very well for me.

AFAIK old version is included in Orbis. Latest versions seems to crash when started.

The one included in the Orbis download is version 2.00. Seven05 acknowledges that the new versions don't work HERE
Currently this map script will not work with Orbis, there is a CTD reported during map generation. I don't personally use Orbis so I can't promise a quick fix to this one.

Orbis hates me :)

I would actually like to look into this, probably once I finish some adjustments to jungle and tundra placement that I'm working on.

If anybody has any suspicions, suggestion or ideas as to what causes the conflict in Orbis I'd appreciate them.

If anybody has any suspicions, suggestion or ideas as to what causes the conflict in Orbis I'd appreciate them.

It's something you did between versions 2.00 and 2.41 (the earliest version I still have other than 2.00), because version 2.41 doesn't work either.

Now that I think of it, I also have a version of 2.00 that doesn't work as well. The version that works is the first attachment below, and the one that doesn't is the second attachment. The second one works with RiFE.

Attachments

• ErebusContinentORBIS200.7z
    34.2 KB · Views: 72
  • ErebusContinent200.7z
    34 KB · Views: 89

I would actually like to look into this, probably once I finish some adjustments to jungle and tundra placement that I'm working on.

Have no idea if it will help, but when I was updating my custom map to Orbis 1.0 it also crashed. Deleting units didn't help, but setting resources to random allowed me to load old version of this map.

It's something you did between versions 2.00 and 2.41 (the earliest version I still have other than 2.00), because version 2.41 doesn't work either.

Now that I think of it, I also have a version of 2.00 that doesn't work as well. The version that works is the first attachment below, and the one that doesn't is the second attachment. The second one works with RiFE.
Luckily I have every version I've ever released, but it's odd that you have one verison 2.0 that works and another that doesn't. I will take a look at the one that does work and see if anything jumps out.

Have no idea if it will help, but when I was updating my custom map to Orbis 1.0 it also crashed. Deleting units didn't help, but setting resources to random allowed me to load old version of this map.
Resources could be the culprit then, although I read the rules for their placement from the values passed from the xml through the dll so it should work fine. Does Orbis change the name of the mana resource by chance? I do have hardcoded placement for that in the 'Ancient City Ruins' code, but that's a fairly recent addition (v2.5).

Ok, the working version has kelp, haunted lands and crystal plains added. I have support for kelp and haunted lands already, but not crystal plains. Odd that a missing feature would crash the game but I guess that's possible.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, but I'll try to post an update with support for crystal plains in it to see if that makes it work again :)

Ok, the working version has kelp, haunted lands and crystal plains added. I have support for kelp and haunted lands already, but not crystal plains. Odd that a missing feature would crash the game but I guess that's possible.

I have a busy weekend ahead of me, but I'll try to post an update with support for crystal plains in it to see if that makes it work again :)

If I remember correctly (Been a few months since I merged Orbis code, so I haven't looked at it in a while), Crystal Plains are semi-hardcoded (Define), so it's quite possible it would crash the game.

Would have remembered it sooner had I really thought about it. :lol:

I just uploaded 2.62 which includes support for Crystal Plains to see if that solves the CTD. If somebody can test it I would appreciate it :)

Resources could be the culprit then, although I read the rules for their placement from the values passed from the xml through the dll so it should work fine. Does Orbis change the name of the mana resource by chance? I do have hardcoded placement for that in the 'Ancient City Ruins' code, but that's a fairly recent addition (v2.5).

As far as I know, it is still mana. Orbis adds some new resources, doesn't delete any. There is also new base terrain (wetland) and feature (swamp) and new spawning point - troll lair. Name of lizard civ has changed recently also. I don't if any of this matters - I have no idea how mapscript works :)
New version unfortunately still crashes with 1.0 :( Don't have old Orbis (as it has changed a lot) to check it with it.

When I have some more time I'll download Orbis and see if I can figure out what causes the crashes. The Civ name won't matter, they just won't start in an appropriate place, missing features shouldn't be a problem unless he has references to them hard coded into the DLL and it freaks out when it can't find them. Terrains would be a problem though so that's probably a good place to start :)

Two versions of 2.00? Maybe Ahwaric changed something with the 2.00 released with Orbis. Changed something to get it to work ... which means that it might not be a change between 2.00 and 2.41.

Two versions of 2.00? Maybe Ahwaric changed something with the 2.00 released with Orbis. Changed something to get it to work ... which means that it might not be a change between 2.00 and 2.41.

I'm sure you are correct, as I have found a third version that came with an old patch for Wild Mana (see below attachment). Both of the non-Orbis versions work with both RiFE and Wild Mana, but the Orbis version does not work with either RiFE or Wild Mana.

Attachments

• WMErebusContinent200.7z
    34.1 KB · Views: 60
I think it's the marsh/wetlands, that change wasn't commented like the others he made to get it working in Orbis, I'll post an update shortly to see if that solves it.

Top Bottom