Erebus map

Check revelry, it mentions a bannor stationed by the Balseraph

Are the sheaim completely sealed off by mountains?

looks a bit like, but imagine it not to be impassable. Probably their will be a way...
i mean in reality mountainregions are also not impassable..

EDIT: but i could still edit a small path between the mountains and the sea...

From Arturus' civ entry I always imagined Khazad being closer to Hippus.

Wow, that's impressive. I'm impressed with the general accuracy of this map.

Thanks a lot!!

I like this map. Do you plan on adding unique features?

yes, i`m planning on doing so... help what should be where would be appriciated. :)

From Arturus' civ entry I always imagined Khazad being closer to Hippus.
Check revelry, it mentions a bannor stationed by the Balseraph

yes... there need to be some shifts, i realized... but first let`s collect all of them:

1. Khazad closer to Hippus
2. Balseraph and Bannor closer to each other...(i think cliffs of hastur should be close to both....
3.Sidar closer to Malakim,calabim...

what else....?

A few things we do know:

1. Braduk is in the jungles of Labruscum. (barbarian assault)
2. Evermore is in the Umbrawood, I would assume the Svartalfar capital is nearby. (the splintered court)
3. Galvehom and Kwytheliar are close to each other, by Pristinus Pass. (the cult)
4. The Fane of Lessers if a hellish region where Dis and the infernals lie. (lord of the balors)
5. The Dead Lands is an island inhabited by the sheaim and undead. (the black tower)
6. The Bannor and Grigori capitals are close to each other, though seperated by a sea. (blood of angels)
7. Jubilee is set beside the Cliffs of Hastur, a mountain range. (the momus)
8. There was an island where Falamar captured animals close to jubilee. (the grand menagerie).
9. Khazak is set in the deruptus mountains. (against the wall)

I know that you can look at the scenarios for specific city names and you will find a ton of capitals in different locations (just because it isnt possible to use different city lists for a scenario). But the above should be pretty solid.

Assuming the 'pedia entries are also canon...

1. It's safe to say the Bannor and Clan of Embers are neighbors (Capria, Sheelba, and Rantine entries taken together.)
2. The Bannor, Elohim, Amurites, and Lanun all neighbor the Infernals. This suggests they're all coastal near whatever island the Fane of Lessers is on. (Valledia the Even entry.) This by far is the entry that reveals the most about who neighbors who.
3. Most likely, the Luchiurp are near the Balseraphs. Not necessarily, but it's hard to reason how Beeri's backstory happened otherwise. (Beeri Bawl's entry, plus events in The Momus.)
4. Similarly, the Khazad most likely neighbor the Hippus. (Arturus Thorne's entry, not to mention Against the Wall.)

Good luck if you're trying to puzzle together who is next to who. Might be impossible. Just from this and what's above, Bannor have to have at least five neighbors (Grigori, Infernal, Balseraph, Clan of Embers, and one of the other Infernal neighbors) AND be coastal. :lol:

Yay! Someone is finally working on a map that knows how to draw a map!

I always assumed that the Bannor had a massive empire, the largest in Erebus, and that was how they could have so many neighbors.

Also, as much as I like the map you have included, a more accurate and "canon" map would be Nikis-Knights. That one is a lot harder to draw, though.

(just because it isnt possible to use different city lists for a scenario).

I think it is. In the 1000 AD scenario, look at, say, Japanese entry in the WB file:

BeginPlayer
Team=1
CivDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_JAPAN_DESC
CivShortDesc=TXT_KEY_CIV_JAPAN_SHORT_DESC
CivAdjective=TXT_KEY_CIV_JAPAN_ADJECTIVE
LeaderName=TXT_KEY_LEADER_TOKUGAWA
LeaderType=LEADER_TOKUGAWA
CivType=CIVILIZATION_JAPAN
PlayableCiv=1
MinorNationStatus=0
FlagDecal=Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_Dot.dds
Color=PLAYERCOLOR_RED
ArtStyle=ARTSTYLE_ASIAN
StartingGold=50
StateReligion=RELIGION_BUDDHISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_GOVERNMENT, Civic=CIVIC_HEREDITARY_RULE
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LEGAL, Civic=CIVIC_VASSALAGE
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_LABOR, Civic=CIVIC_TRIBALISM
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_ECONOMY, Civic=CIVIC_DECENTRALIZATION
CivicOption=CIVICOPTION_RELIGION, Civic=CIVIC_PAGANISM
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NARA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_OSAKA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_EDO
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SATSUMA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_KAGOSHIMA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NAGOYA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_IZUMO
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_NAGASAKI
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_YOKOHAMA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SHIMONOSEKI
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_MATSUYAMA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SAPPORO
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_HAKODATE
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ISE
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_TOYAMA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_FUKUSHIMA
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SUO
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_BIZEN
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ECHIZEN
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_IZUMI
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_OMI
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_ECHIGO
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_KOZUKE
CityList=TXT_KEY_CITY_NAME_SADO
Handicap=HANDICAP_MONARCH
EndPlayer

Their city list excludes Kyoto and some other cities in the Japanese city list, because in that scenario, Kyoto exists under a different name (Heian-kyo). So that list ensures that there won't be both Heian-kyo and Kyoto on the map.

Yay! Someone is finally working on a map that knows how to draw a map!

I always assumed that the Bannor had a massive empire, the largest in Erebus, and that was how they could have so many neighbors.

Also, as much as I like the map you have included, a more accurate and "canon" map would be Nikis-Knights. That one is a lot harder to draw, though.

Yay! To be honest it`s my proper map i ever draw on a computer... (as a child i was always drawing fantasymaps into one book i still have)

about the map from Nikis-Knight... it is great, BUT i don`t really like the overall shape of this big fringed continent... for me it just doesn`t look solid enough..

Good luck if you're trying to puzzle together who is next to who. Might be impossible. Just from this and what's above, Bannor have to have at least five neighbors (Grigori, Infernal, Balseraph, Clan of Embers, and one of the other Infernal neighbors) AND be coastal. :lol:

one thing i was thinking about here is that we should define how big this continent is.
because if it is like the size of the mediterrean, then nearly everyone could still interact with one another even if they are on the other side of the continent.
whilst if the continent got the size of eurasia it`s getting quite complicated.

About the Infernals: would it be possible to exclude them and Basium from the map and just say they didn`t arrive yet?

Not sure if its in canon, but i always assumed the remnants of patria were held by the amurites, since they are sort of the successors to them

got your point,
i associated them with sheim, because the patrians went down the same path in the end
and because it is somehow related to decay... for me...

and when i`m right than the amurites are not the successors of patria, there where just choosen by kyorlin to fight mulcarn

Top Bottom