ErebusWrapFF

RogueThunder

Warlord
So, after getting tired of Forest-Plains starts as Mazatl. I readded the FF civs to ErebusWrapFF's outdated flavormod thats built in.

Regardless, here it is.

Edit: Just reuploading... ignore this thread if uninterested in a somewhat tweaked copy of the old ErebusWrap. The newer Erebus is MOSTLY better. Except when you want weird crazy monocontinents...

Attachments

• ErebusWrapFFt.rar
    22.2 KB · Views: 63
Flavormod is acting weirdly, and seems to conflict with Erebus' built-in flavormodding.

The built in FlavorMod gameoption ought to make specialized mapscripts non-required. So just a plain ErebusWrap should do it

Also. I would swear its not recognising the mazatl's favors. Several times got a 1st choice, that was plains/forest O.o (Flavormod 2.0, that is)

Although it could certainly be the RNG, she has a thing about me... love-hate... *sighs*

I'll take a look. There shouldn't be any normalizing after FlavourMod assigns ghe starting plots, but maybe something has changed recently.

Flavormod is acting weirdly, and seems to conflict with Erebus' built-in flavormodding.

What do you mean by this exactly?

I mean that we have been getting some really ~weird~ starts with combining the two, like the Mazatl starting in plains/hills and claiming it was their first choice. We updated Erebus with the CreationFF flavors for the FF civs and then as long as we didn't use Flavormod 2.0 it worked fine, spawning the Mazatl in jungle.

Yeah, I wouldn't like starts like this with the Mazatl either, but maybe it was really the best choice for them on your particular map. I think I know, why you've got better starts after adding them directly to the Erebus map script. By default Erebus tends to not hand out jungle starts at all, because for the basic FfH civilizations jungle is a rather bad thing, even for the Clan of Embers. So if there are no starting locations in the jungle, the Flavour Start option has no other choice than to place them somewhere else.

Yeah, I wouldn't like starts like this with the Mazatl either, but maybe it was really the best choice for them on your particular map. I think I know, why you've got better starts after adding them directly to the Erebus map script. By default Erebus tends to not hand out jungle starts at all, because for the basic FfH civilizations jungle is a rather bad thing, even for the Clan of Embers. So if there are no starting locations in the jungle, the Flavour Start option has no other choice than to place them somewhere else.
I get it. The built in flavor mod acted first, selecting all the non jungle starts and then flavormod 2.0 chose between those? ^.^" That'd certainly do it if so.

I get it. The built in flavor mod acted first, selecting all the non jungle starts and then flavormod 2.0 chose between those? ^.^" That'd certainly do it if so.

Exactly. Civilizations not in Erebus' civ list start with default values (see below). Those values will only in rare cases lead to a start in the middle of the jungle. The best you can hope for is somewhere near one. Probably a good idea to add some other values for Fall Further's lizzies.

Spoiler :
Code:
        self.idealAltitude = 0.35
        self.idealMoisture = 0.7
        self.needCoastalStart = False
        self.allowForestStart = False
        self.altitudeWeight = 1.0
        self.distanceWeight = 2.0 #distance is most important for generic civs

With this Script, I ended up on my own continent by myself and Brigit was surrounded by mountains. So I wondered, how hard would it be to get a griffon to level 15

Top Bottom