Error 1706 with install of patch 1.52

Choffy

One more turn
While installing patch 1.52 (I have download the .exe), I had the error below

Error 1706. No valid source could be found for Product Sid Meier. The Windows installer cannot continue

Then I can launch the game but I cannot start a new game... Any idea?

Of note, I have french Civ4 CDs.

Thanks.

If you are using the downloaded civ4, the 1.52 patch will not work. D2D will release their own version of 1.52 within the next week or so.

burnsep said:
What if you're using the discs? I get the exact same error.
Did you use the ingame updater or a 3rd party site to download patch? I could only get the patch to work ingame.

Got the same problem... and from what I know, you propably have downloaded this patch from reliable source and have original version too...

Do you have SP1, SP2 or none of them?
Do you have anything non-standard things installed on system? Style-XP type programs, antywirus, firewall, office, CD-copy/emulation stuff... anything that is changing much of system files and possibly work in backgroud?

Nothing wrong about the Patch file downloaded from 2Kgames, I tried the same patch on my friend's PC using the Civ4 disks I bought yesteday,and it run normally, but It just DOESNT work on my PC.

Im getting the same error...
I didnt download the game from anywhere
but I have lots of CD copying programs... and all sortsa other junk on my computer... I dont get how that effects the patch though

I try many ways and still unable to install the patch152, always showed ERROR 1706,whats wrong with the patch?

Got the same error here.

i tried the ingame update and the downloadable version of the patch.
i'm using winXP with SP1 (maybe that's the problem...)

maybe i'll try to uninstall and reinstall it on my win2k partition that has all windows updates.

according to the game it should be compatible with winXP sp1

the game runs fine in SP but Hot Seat often crashes at end of turn

I got the same error for both 1.09 and 1.52, but as far as I can tell both patches installed despite it. I just closed the error message and the patch continued to install as normal. The game seems to think they're installed properly at any rate.

Same error here as well. Have tried installing with AV off and offline.

Also, memorysaver.ini is not found

I need to free up memory resources as gameplay is frighteningly slow.

Have always had civ and really want to play this one. Perhaps I'll have to go back to civ3

Thanks in advance

Got the same problem (german version bought over amazon...)...
Tried both of my DVD-Roms, and also a normal downloaded patch and the online patch system...

Top Bottom