1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Error: Art_Def_Unit_Warlord_Medival not found

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Jennvare, May 9, 2015.

1. Jennvare

Jennvare Prince

Hey guys,

Got one for you.

In the game I am playing, I had just built the Oracle and got my Free Tech. I chose Mathematics as my Free Tech. At that point, the game freezes and I get an error message in Windows stating:

Error: ArtInfo Art_Def_Warlord_Medieval not found.

I think this is related to an un-used Great General I have sitting idle in my city. He's idle because I was not sure if I wanted to use him as a commander or plant him in a city.

I can't attach a saved game because it is larger than the forum permits. Hope ya guys can figure this out.

In the mean time, I will plant my great general and see if it clears the "Freeze".

Good Luck!

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Perhaps you got a new great general that round, the new splash screen for great people have crashed the game for me with a similar message. Sparth would be able to confirm if my suspicion is right.

Have you tried compressing the save with 7Zip on ultra compression setting?

3. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

What version you playing. In newest SVN evertyhing is ok with and there is no need for Art_Def_Warlord_Medieval.

You have two choices:
    - download SVN version of c2c from there: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=429816
    - or try to fix your version by yourself. Its easy.
    Open Caveman2Cosmos Assets\XML\Art\CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
    Copy any Warlord unit change his name to Art_Def_Warlord_Medieval
    Save

4. Jennvare

Jennvare Prince

Hey guys,

I thought I had the most recent version. Mine is version 33 SVN according to the readme file with the game files. I hope that is still accurate.

On the bug; after restarting the saved game, I decided to plant the Great General in my city. After that, I ended my turn and the game progressed normally for me.

I'll try your Warlord name change when I get a chance. If it happened to me, it can happen to an AI also.

I'll keep in touch!

5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

V35 is the latest official release, but the mod is updated practically every day on the SVN server, do you download the updates for the mod "every" day?