"Error Loading Shader Libraries"

srebbeg

Chieftain
Hi, I'm trying to play on a GeForce FX 5200 and I get an error dialog that pops up title 'Init Error' with text "Error Loading Shader Libraries" during the Init Engine loading stage. I've got the current detonators and tried using nVHardPageSE to set different shader options but I still get this error.

I've searched the boards and haven't been able to find anything relating to this and was wondering if anybody has any suggestions (they would be greatly appreciated!).

Cheers

That's about the card I have, but I don't have the game yet.

Did you try to ArtPak Patch?

How much video memory?

I have the same problem by two diffrent computers with two diffrent graphic cards. After installing the D3DX9_33.dll Civ is starting but runs or an INIT ERROR "error loading shader libraries". Can any body help?

Also got the same problem, been trying to fix this for days now, in fact i spent more time trying to do this than the hours i shud be wasting away on the actual game! If anybody finds a solution, please please please post it up in this forum!! :D

Yes, of course, I have read this forum quiet well, so I first try to update direct X, but after installing the latest version of directX I have still the same problem.:confused:

People frequently report success after several attempted DX9.0c updates. It's not simple, as there are 10 or 20 versions of 9.0c out there, all named "9.0c". (Microsoft's decision to hold at a specific version number but continue to change it ... is perhaps confusing.) Only the most recent 2 will support BTS.
Be sure you download the redistributable file from June 2007 or more recent from Microsoft; the last I got was August. Run that file once you have downloaded it, which merely extracts the DXSETUP.EXE and other files to your chosen folder, the desktop is a good place to put one. Then you have to go to that folder and run DXSETUP.EXE to actually install the software.
To sum up:
1. Download
2. Extract
3. Install

Well um....

I still wont work!

I downloaded "d3dx9_31.dll" from Phyruss link put in the Civ4 and Warlords folder now what? Do I have to put in a more specific place in the Civ or Warlords folder what do I do now?

I got so frustrated with civ IV last year that I put it away. . . now I'm trying to fire it up again. I was able to play the game after a fresh install, but I was getting occassional crashes so I tried downloading the latest patch (v 1.74) I haven't been able to get back into the game since.

I was getting a message for a missing D3Dx9_32.dll, so I downloaded it and put it in the civ folder.

Now I'm getting "error loading shader libraries" while the init engine is loading. I tried the fix mentioned above, but that hasn't changed anything.

System has
AMD 2.4Ghz Athlon
GeForce 6150 LE 128 MB graphics card
1 GB of RAM

This game looks awesome, I sure would like to play it for awhile. . .

Thanks for the quick response Ori

I can't get that program to run.

I click the link, verify genuine windows, and download the setup file to my desktop. All goes fine.

When I run it from my desktop, I agree to the license page, then it goes to "intializing" and I get an error "setup could not download the file. Please try again later or check network connection."

I have my firewall disarmed, so that's not stopping it. Any other ideas?

I did that and still am getting "shader library" error. I've spent the last two horus trying to get this game to work on Vista. :mad:

Any ideas?

:hmm:
this should not happen - one thought though: is the game running with admin rights? did you run the install and patches with admin rights?
Vista does not grant programs these rights even if you use an admin account - you have to rightclick on the program and chose run with admin rights.

edit:
oh: you are someone else ;) welcome to civfanatics :)
just checking you did use the installer I linked to in my last two posts?

Works now! Had to use an older version of DirextX. I appreicate the time you guys spend helping people out here!

Top Bottom