Error Message: "Below minimum specs"

zagnut

Monarch
After installing the patch I now get an error message on start up that says: "Your machine is below minimum specifications. Civ4 will not run on this hardware setup." The program then runs fine.

I did not get this message before installing the patch. I am running the program on a Dell Pentium 4 2.8 Mhz; 512 MB Ram and 160 GB hard disk. This is well over the recommended requirements.

This was added with the patch. It mainly looks for video cards that do not support the DirectX features they use in hardware. What video card do you have?

I can't tell from System Info. It doesn't look like any name brand video card. However, the message seems to have no effect on the ability of my computer to run the game. I believe DirectX is installed, but don't know how to check to confirm.

I was just reporting the message because if it was intended to be a part of the patch it was not thought through very well. It is one of those innumerable error message that tell you something may be wrong, but nothing about what that something may be.

Just found another thread in this forum which has a fix for this problem. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=143699

Top Bottom