Error up reloading with custom building

CivilizationAce

Warlord
Hi,

When I reload a save game with my custom Library replacement the base doesn't show correctly:

upload_2017-3-23_23-37-36.png

I can find no log entry that seems to refer to this error.

Sadly it works fine when I use FireTuner to add the building and when I build the building in the normal manner – It only shows up when I load from a save, so I didn't see this in testing.

I really hope that someone out there has already found and solved this one, because I know from experience that erratic bugs like this can be a pain to debug and I'm fairly sure I won't have the skills to do so any time soon.

I've seen this happen with my half-coded stuff. My assumption is that it happens because a later-era district base is not properly linked to the new building. I'd double check and make sure that you have all the BaseVariants that support the library properly set up to handle your unique building.

With that said, this is only a hypothesis. I can't be of much help beyond that since I haven't extensively tested this.

I added replacements for all the Campus buildings, Efficiency Center, Think Tank and Transceiver Hub (in order). My BaseVariants looks like this through Asset Editor:

upload_2017-3-24_16-29-14.png

I don't see what could be missing. As you can see I set up all four bases for Efficiency Center, just like Library. All of those in the Set_HeroBuildings are set up in the BuildingSets and the three buildings are in BuildingVariants and HeroBuildingTags.

I've just noticed that the base doesn't alter when I add one of the new buildings, so it looks like the new code isn't working at all, that the base only gets around to breaking when the game is reloaded. So it seems that it's not directly related to reloading the game, that just shows more severe symptoms of an underlying flaw.

Do you fix this problem? I've got the same issue (in my case the unique improvements have errors - red exclamation) on GS(Gathering Storm)

Top Bottom