1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Error with events file

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by Rebelstar2, May 17, 2019.

1. Rebelstar2

Rebelstar2 Chieftain

I play Civ2 ToT with a modified rules.txt. Just changed the name, and a few of the expires for wonders. I haven't touched anything else.When starting a game I get an error message saying there's a problem with the events file and I need to add @DEBUG to the file in order to find problem and repair the events file. Except I already added @DEBUG and it still gives me the message. In prior installs it did not do this. When I check the report file, it says the problem is that the game chose Events.Txt as events file. So, am I stupid or something? isn't it supposed to choose this file? And before I installed the TOTPP patch the problem was something to do with generating colonist when arriving at Alpha Centaurus which I suppose is the reason I never got any upon arrival the game just ended. I have the game installed on a Dell OPTI 780 w/3Ghz dual core with 8gigs of ram. All necessary patches installed. Any thoughts as to what's going on. I'm running the game a thru VMware virtual with WinXP and I get the same message.