1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Errors on civ gold 5

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by The Snug, Jul 16, 2009.

1. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

I was looking through your sourceforge dl, and noticed that Bolivaria lists two leaders, Bolivar and San Martin, but there's no folder for a San Martin.

Also, in Argentina's xml, there is a San Martin listed as well, but his actual xml files tag him as Jose_SanMartin. Additionally, in JOSE_SANMARTINs LHInfo there's xml diplo music entries for San Martin, but there's no San Martin music anywhere.

Also, your Aboriginal civinfo needs some cleaning up. The xml refers to diplo music for Yunupingu, and even defines it in the audio xml's, but of course there's no music for him. Also, there's no music for either of their leaders for their middle eras.

2. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

Here's fixed xml for Bolivaria

and for Argentina. Both of the distinct San Martin's now use Washington's music for diplomacy.

San Martin for Bolivar
    and
    Jose SanMartin for Argentina

Attached Files:

3. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

Also noticed that the Canada civ incuded in gold is not your deluxe edition with the extra flavor units.

4. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Hey Snug.

Thanks for all the feedback. I replicated last night and tested and I had no problems with San Martin or the Aborigine civ. In fact, both of those have been working fine for a while now.

I wonder if you were perhaps looking at some WIP data? We have some older data on the site so it's possible that wasn't the 5.0 build.

However...I will absolutely go and check both of those out to make sure we're ready, and will look at your files as well. You're the first to be told that everything is DONE - finally!

I'm writing the Readme file today and Fierabras will hopefully create the install on the weekend.

As for Canada, there are no flavour units because we did not include them for other civs. Varietas D. is a great project but it's a maintenance nightmare to do civ-specific units for 117 custom civs. :)

Thanks!!

5. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

Lol. I understand that. I'm just going to make a few regional flavor sets. You know, like Africa, Asia, Indus Valley, South America, North America, Europe, etc...

I'm also making a handful of new diplo music for some of the civs. Like some salsa, flamenco and tango mp3's for S. America, and a few other instrumentals. I'm going to use the theme song for Last of the Mohicans for someone. Maybe Braveheart too.

6. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

Do you have a link to the 5.0 sourceforge, so that I can be sure that I'm looking at the right thing?

7. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

8. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

If I were to compile a flavored version of civ gold. Would you like that? Like I said earlier, with just like regional flavors. I'm sure the modders themselves would provide the units if we asked for them.

The xml work for 14 categories wouldn't be that much.
    These are the categories I was thinking of.
    Native S. America
    Native N. America
    Euro America
    Western Europe
    Viking
    Eastern Europe
    Ancient Mediterranean
    Africa
    Nile
    Japanese
    East Asia
    SE Asia
    Indus Valley
    Middle East

And then just flavors for the following 26 units:
    Archer
    Axeman
    Chariot
    Galley
    Spearman
    Warrior
    Worker
    Settler
    Horse Archer
    Swordsman
    Trireme
    War Elephant
    Crossbowman
    Caravel
    Knight
    Longbowman
    Maceman
    Pikeman
    Cavalry
    Cuirassier
    Grenadier
    Musketman
    Rifleman
    Infantry
    Machine Gun
    Marine

That's only 364 units. Shouldn't be too hard to accumulate that.

9. Wyz_sub10

I think that'd be awesome, actually. My one consideration would be to review and make sure that I didn't pluck out a unit from one of those sets to use as my UU (and I know I've done that with bernie's stuff, for instance).

10. The Snug

The Snug The Civ Heretic

I don't think any UU's would conflict with any unit artstyles, since they override the normal graphics. If you mean duplication of a graphic, with 117 civs, I don't think anyone would notice or care that the archer UU for the Aniyonega might look the same as the regularly flavored archer for the Anishnaabek. I think they'd just think it was cool that it looked different to the Zulu archer!

11. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Chieftain

i'm not sure where else to post this, even though it's not really an error, it's more of just a mistake; when i was skimming some of the civilopedia entries, i noticed that it said that Bush is the 43rd and current president, which is now incorrect. i just thought i'd point that out

12. Wyz_sub10

Ah! Yeah, that should have been changed. Just goes to show you how long this version has been in development. :)

13. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

The Aboriginal empire is labeled as Ashanti in the game. How can I correct this? (don't want to download again, took 7 hours :eek:)

~Hiram

14. Wyz_sub10

I just reviewed the files for the Aboriginal and Ashanti Empires and everything is correct. What version of BtS are you running - 3.17 or 3.19?

Go to the following folder: Mods/CIV Gold/Assets/Modules/Custom Civilizations/Aborigines

Find the file Aborigines_CIV4GameText.xml

Open it (you can use Word or Notepad). Check to see if the following text is there:

Are you running any other mods, and is this in your mods directory or Custom Assets?

15. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

3.17. I think the problem was with the adjective, becasue in the game for example when I destroyed an Aboriginal spearman it would say I 'have destroyed an Ashanti spearman'. Had a look at the xml and it seems fine though, so I don't know what's going on with it.

~Hiram

16. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

The problem is in the Ashanti text file:

Code:
    <TEXT>
        <Tag>TXT_KEY_CIV_ABORIGINES_ADJECTIVE</Tag>
        <English>Ashanti</English>
        <French>Ashanti</French>
        <German>Ashanti</German>
        <Italian>Ashanti</Italian>
        <Spanish>Ashanti</Spanish>
    </TEXT>

This overwrites the earlier definition of TXT_KEY_CIV_ABORIGINES_ADJECTIVE. It should be TXT_KEY_CIV_ASHANTI_ADJECTIVE ofcourse.

17. millansoft

millansoft Chieftain

I found a typo error, the unique unit of the Bolivarian civ, says "Liberatador" when must say "Libertador"

Regards

18. Wyz_sub10

Thanks!

19. Mojoqmeyvam

Mojoqmeyvam Chieftain

The Filipino Nipa Hut, which replaces the granary, produces +10 hammers EVERY turn. Not +1 hammer, or +10% hammers (either of which are still really powerful). 10 extra hammers.
    I think the problem is that you put the yields under "Yield Changes" (i.e., +X to production) instead of "Yield Modifiers" (i.e., +X% to production).

20. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Don't know if it's intentional, but the Parthians are referred to as Pahlavi and the Seleucids as Seleukid and/or Seleukia (which is neither Greek nor English).