[SCENARIO] Escape From Zombie Island Elite - January 31, 2017

After Playing - Your Opinion about the Updated EFZI2 Elite Game - December 6, 2021

• I think the Game Play needs to be more challenging

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I think the Game Play is too challenging

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think the Game Play is challenging enough and Fun to Play

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I think the Game Play needs more Special/Scary Zombies

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I think the Game Play needs more Zombies from the Start of the Game

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I think the Game Play is about right because each time I play is different enough to enjoy

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With the current scenario settings for Flintlock patch, you've enabled a setting that changes base game rules. The dont_end_units_turn_after_airdrop is by default off, like in base game, but you've turned it on, presumably by flipping all the options to the opposite of what they started as. Based on the readme, I'm assuming this is a mistake, hence I'm making this post to let you know.

Arexander... thanks for that information.

I made EFZI2 Elite with no patches, using Only the Original Editor.

The included scenario.c3x_config ini was adjusted by Civinator as what should be used by players who need it.

Personally, I would have preferred to leave it out but was convinced that I should add it for the many players who use Flintlocks patch and that made sense.

I assume those who use the Flintlock patch will also know how to adjust what they need to play my Game as it is suppose to be.

Simply use the original Civ3/Conquest game without any added patches.

Arexander, thank you very much for pointing to that error. :) As Vuldacon wrote, I made that scenario.c3x_config file for EFZI2 Elite and therefore I am responsable for that error about the setting of paratroopers.

It is meant as a kind of umbrella for EFZI2 Elite against all changes done by the Flintlock mod when Civ 3 Complete is started by a modified Flintlock exe, as it will be per example by the next version of CCM 2. To adapt a complex mod or scenario to the Flintlock mod, especially as it is EFZI2 Elite, is a very demanding task (I will write here something about CCM 2.60 in the CCM2 thread when I have the time for it). For EFZI2 Elite a conflict to the starting files of CCM 2.60 was found and it cannot be excluded, that some other conflicts for this scenario are existing, too. So at present for EFZI2 Elite it seemed the best to stop all changes of the Flintlock mod for that scenario.

The current scenario.c3x_config file for EFZI2 Elite is based on the version R14 of the Flintlock mod. As now the new version R15 is released, the scenario.c3x_config file for EFZI2 Elite must be done again on the base of version R15 and here the setting about the paratroopers will be fixed.

Vuldacon, as your new release contains Antal1987´s Civ3Conquests_p6.exe, fixing the magenta bulk in the civilopedia images, I think it would be a good idea to enable that option of the Flintlock mod in the new scenario.c3x_config file for EFZI2 Elite, too.

Civinator... if the c3x_config file is corrected for those who need the file, that is also understandable and beneficial.

I will have to Upload all again when the corrected c3x_config file is corrected. Not a big deal but my connection speed is slow and the Upload requires over 2 hours... just where I live.

I will have to Upload all again when the corrected c3x_config file is corrected. Not a big deal but my connection speed is slow and the Upload requires over 2 hours... just where I live.
If only the scenario.c3X_config file needs adjustment, then maybe it could simply be uploaded as a small standalone patch, rather than being included in the EFZI mainfile?

That might also be a preferable future-proofing solution, in case any more unwanted settings are discovered, and/or Flintlock adds yet more features to C3X.
I made EFZI2 Elite with no patches, using Only the Original Editor.
After our earlier conversation about playing EFZI using a Flintlock-patched .exe (but without the scenario.config file!), I started wondering: Are there any mechanics in EFZI which were deliberately designed to depend on some/all of the known Civ3 bugs? That is, in the scenario.c3X_config file, Bugfix section, some/all those options should also be set to "false" (i.e. leaving some/all bugs active)?

(I'm thinking specifically of the potential problem[?] of currently-non-hostile AI-controlled units treading on my Invisible Landmines, so declaring war on me by accident — or at least, before I'm ready for them to do it! — i.e. the "submarine bug")

tjs282... EFZI2 Elite uses the Original CivIII/Conquests Game. No original Game programing was changed.
I used the game as it was and is. I worked around problems and issues for EFZI2 from the beginning.

I do not want to confuse anyone or cause questions and problems by having players required to make many adjustments to play the Game as I intended.

IF the c3x_config file is adjusted where EFZI2 Elite can be played as I made it, I will add it again and Upload again.
I do not want to keep the information and file in the download if not correct so a stand alone patch will cause more confusion for players, especially those who are not familiar with Flintlock's accomplishments.

If there is no guarantee that the c3x_config file will set EFZI2 Elite to play as I made it for players who use Flintlock's patch, I will simply omit that file and let the player deal with what they need to do.

This is a simple problem of trying to use a MOD for everything then add and play a game that does not use the MOD. There can certainly be unforeseen problems and or at the very least require adjustments that not everyone knows how to do.
I want it straight forward and simple as it has always been.
With all of the complications making this game, I prefer to use the "KISS Principal", Keep It Simple Stupid :lol:

I want to add that Flintlock has accomplished many Great Adjustments that not only have corrected "Bugs" in the Civ III/Conquests game but allowed players to make personal adjustments that will certainly allow for many Great Games.

Good Update for your Scenario.

The new City: Ocean View Cafe is a great Navy Base and helpful to conquer the Airport, Adventure Island and other Cities.
Spoiler :

The Zombie Witch is meant to be a Stealth Assassin?

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 343
  • EFZI2_Survivor_TheEnd.SAV
    292.7 KB · Views: 17
Hunterkiller... The Boats and Hand Built Tanks are not the original Units but yes, the Ocean View Cafe is useful in many ways.
It is also easier to place Champions, Snipers HazMats or special Shooting Units on the Apartment Blocks to help capture the Airport and Ocean View Cafe.

The Zombie Witch is just a Zombie Witch... not a Stealth Assassin.

Last edited:
Notice for Game Users:

The Civ3Conquests_p6.exe
that removes the Magenta line on the right side of the Civilopedia will cause City Border Corruption if used for GOG and probably any other version of the Civ Conquests Game other than the Original CD version.

The Diplo Sounds will Not work using Windows 11. Music in general works but Not the Diplo Music.
To Fix this You need the Indirect Sound files placed in the Conquests Folder where the Civ3Conquests.exe file is located and install the Visual Studio 2010 (VC++10.0) SP1 X86

https://www.indirectsound.com/
Get the Download and place the 2 Files in your Conquests Game Folder (where the Civ3Conquests.exe file is located).
Note: there is already a readme file in the Conquests Folder so just rename it and you can also place the readme file for the Indirect Sounds.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
You need the Visual Studio 2010 (VC++10.0) SP1 X86 (Located toward the bottom of the page).
Download and install on your Computer

This Fix can also work for other Old Games.

...as we continue on with New Operating Systems and Game versions, we will need to use additional files to work around problems concerning playing our Older Games as they are intended. :yup:

Last edited:
Other Windows 11 Game Setting Observations using the GOG Conquests version:

Use No Compatibility Settings.

If Compatibility settings are used the Unit movements are "jittery" or stutter... not smooth.

I have used Windows XP Pro system 32 and 64 for years and had everything set exactly.
Now on Windows 11, using the GOG Conquests version (because I cannot load my original Civ Game CDs), the written Civilopedia Unit entries go past the Mid Civilopedia Border. This is because the Bold Font is wider than it was on Windows XP, requiring more space.
I am still looking into correcting this without having to adjust the Entries that were already correct before... possibly a Bold Font adjustment :dunno:

Using the "fixes" posted on the last post #189 and here, Other than not being able to use the "No Magenta" fix for the Civilopedia, everything else works and is as it was and is intended.

I can't build the Security Office (puts Security systems in all buildings) as the Authorities. I have the resources and the tech. I was able to do it last game as the Farmers. I checked the Biq and can't figure out why it's not working. Two games in a row as authorities have had this issue.

Nwoll... Please Read the Civilopedia Entry:
{The Security System Can Only be established in the Detective Agency after the Detective's Office has been established there and it can then be captured by any Human Faction.}

You need a Nerd as well... perhaps that was the problem for you if you had the Detective Agency.

Last edited:
Top Bottom