1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SCENARIO] Escape From Zombie Island Elite - January 31, 2017

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Vuldacon, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Takhisis

Takhisis daria dance party

There should be no crashes, we've even played it on the PBEM forum. I have heard before of issues with Steam-run versions, though, so that might be worth looking into.

Edit: I remember that there is one line somewhere that has to be changed for the Steam version of Civ, otherwise scenarios won't work.

2. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

CivCat101...
    If you are using the Steam edition of the Civ 3 game and it is crashing when playing mods,
    you may need to insert the line "Unknown" between the lines "PING" and "HOST" in labels.txt without Quotes.

3. Takhisis

That's the one!

4. Vuldacon

I Updated EFZI2 Elite Today: October 22, 2018

More Additions and Adjustments. Game Update List is included with the Download.

Download Link is the same on Post #1

Escape From Zombie Island 2 Elite by Vuldacon

October 9, 2018 Game Update List:
    Immobile Radar Artillery. All Animations except the Run animation were adjusted to Correct the Attack Directions against Any Unit without using the "Rotate Before Attack" setting for the Unit in the Biq.

New Biq
    New Buildings Large and Small
    New Units_32.pcx
    New Civilopedia/txt
    New PediaIcons.txt
    New diplomacy.txt
    New script.txt

Added New Key Location for Zombies: Alien Invasion, increases Status, Doubles building Defense and places an Alien Transport Station in Every Zombie Building, gains an early invading Alien every 7 turns.
    Added New Key Location for Zombies: Alien Garden, Pre-placed at Zeb's Farm, increases Status and "grows" an Alien Egg Plant every turn.

Added New Key Location for Zombies: Alien Garden II, Pre-placed at the Coffee Plantation, increases Status and "grows" an Alien Egg Plant every turn.

Added New Key Location for Zombies: Infected Pond, Pre-placed at the Paradise Mortuary, increases Status and produces a "Croaker", Monster Toad, every 2 Turns.

Added New Key Location for Zombies: Bat Colony, increases Status and places a Contaminated Pond in every Zombie Building on Paradise Island.

Added New Improvement for Zombies: Alien Transport Station, Increases Status, Beams in an Alien every turn starting at the Omega.

Added New Improvement for Zombies: Alien Transport Station II, Increases Status, Beams in an Alien Egg Plant every 2 turns starting at the Omega.

Added New Improvement for Zombies: Contaminated Pond, increases Status and produces a "Croaker", Monster Toad, every 10 Turns.

Added New Unit for Zombies: Alien with Spaceship Airdrop. Auto-produced from Alien Transport Stations.

Added New Unit for Zombies: Alien Egg Plant with Spaceship Airdrop. Auto-produced by each Alien Transport Station II every 2 turns and Enslaved by Aliens.

Added New Unit for Zombies: Croaker, Auto-produced from the Infected Pond at Paradise Mortuary and the Contaminated Ponds on Paradise Island.

Added New Unit for Farmers: "Old Scuzbucket", Farm Tractor. Irrigation, Repair Roads and Clear Dead Bodies, Blitz, Moves 7,
    Ignors Move Cost on Farmland, Parkland, Beaches, Contaminated Beaches and Official Areas; Requires No Support; Cannot be Disbanded; Attack 40, Defense 40, Hit Points 10, Pre-placed at Zebs Farm, Unique Unit, cannot be built. 299% Worker Strength.
    Note: Worker Jobs are for the Human Player, Not the AI.
    The AI will use The Farm Tractor for Attack and Defense.

Steam Road Roller - increased Worker Strength to 299%

Mustard Gas Bomb - Remade the Unit.

Androctonus Den - Removed that it places an Androctonus Hatchery in every Zombie building. Pre-placed in Clem's Lodge, Requires Species Jump and Zombie Goo to activate production.

Androctonus Hatchery - Cost reduced to 20, produces an Androctonus
    every 4 turns.

Hornet Nest - Killer Hornet every 10 turns.

Hornet Nest II - Killer Hornet every 5 turns.

Headquarters - Reduces Corruption, increases production 10% and makes 7 Occupants Content.

Police Department - Added Makes 3 Occupants Happy.

HazMat Office - Added Makes 3 Occupants Happy.

Mike's Auto Shop - Added Makes 2 Occupants Happy.

Dark Sky - Added that it Reduces Corruption and has a 50% Research Output.

Mike's Auto Shop - Only the Survivors can establish it but All other Human Factions can gain it after it has been established if they Capture the Garage. This prevents the Farmers from building it in the Wild Boar Inn.

General Fullbright - adjusted Attack Voice Louder.

Guard Dog - Defense increased to 14.

Aggressive Dog - Defense increased to 14 and Hit Points increased to 7.

Coyote - Hit Points increased to 3.

Pre-Zombie Dog - increased Defense to 10 and hit points to 2.

Putrid Zombie - increased Defense to 28.

Monster Zombie - increased Attack to 31 and Defense to 30.

Mortician and Paradise Mortician - increased Attack and Defense to 29.

Crawling Brain - increased Attack to 31.

Dark One - increased Attack to 32.

Monster Spider - increased Defense to 30.

Human Champions - increased Bombard Strength to 40, added Amphibious Attack and increased Hit Points to 7.

Paratrooper - increased Bombard Strength to 40.

Hazard Truck - increased Defense to 30 and Anti-Air Defense to 10, Added Radar and Detect Invisible.

Road Warrior - Added Blitz.

Biker Gal - Moves 20.

Rushmobile, Super Coupe and Company Cars - Move 12.

Hot Wired Car and City Car - Move 8.

Cruiser - increased Anti-Air Defense to 80.

Jake Recovered - has Amphibious Attack and Lethal Sea "Shooting".

Oil Barrel Bomb - increased Bombard Strength to 400.

Deadly Chemicals - increased Bombard Strength to 300.

Mustard Gas Bomb - increased Bombard Strength to 200.

Captain Spiff Power Packed - Anti-Air Defense increased to 10.

Hellfire Reverend - increased BB strength to 20.

Empowered Priest - increased Hit Points to 10.

Civilians - increased Attack to 8 and Defense to 9.

Corporate Executive - increased Defense to 9.

Hired Hand - increased Attack to 9.

Farmhand - increased Attack to 8.

M1 Mech Project - Reduced Defense to 40 and Hit Points to 10.

Removed Sewer Guards from Sales and Marketing and Nuclear Power Plant. Added a Sewer Tunnel to the Nuclear Power Plant.

Removed Mr Manson and Wayne McKenny from Warehouse.

Annihilator Armed - Anti-Air Defense increased to 100, Airdrop adjusted to 13 tiles to prevent exploit for Survivors going to the TV Station with it.

Irrigation - Requires 18 base turns to complete.

Added one Polluted tile for the Company and 4 Polluted tiles for the Farmers.

Added four new Champions to all Human Factions.

Adjusted the stealth attack units to include the Alien, Alien Egg Plant and Croaker.

Human Factions - Increased Unit Support by 1 for each Building Size

Added some new statements to the diplomacy.txt and script txt.

Added a few more Game Tips from Vuldacon.

Added a list of Human Units that have Amphibious Attack to Game Concepts.

Annihilator - Adjusted the Default Offset to help get it away from Building names seen in the Game Screen Right Window Box.

Adjusted the Production percentages to be more accurate for Buildings in the Civilopedia.

Adjusted Units that Require Resources for Zombie Goo and Evil Skull so those Resources will show Units in the Civilopedia without overflow.

Added and corrected more Civilopedia entries and links.

There are now 92 Key Locations and 51 improvements.

AbsintheRed likes this.
  5. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

I play EFZI 2 every year about this time. A lot. Usually while listening to old-school horror audiodramas. & I can't win half the time on the easiest level. :D But then that's what a Zombie Apocalypse is meant to be. I've never been brave enough to try the "director's cut". Anyone who can handle World War Z has my respect!

6. Vuldacon

Hi Blue Monkey... I think you will like the New adjustments and additions. Yes, it will seem overwhelming at some points in the Game. Hang in and gain Great Power.
    Generally I win too early. In my last Test Game, I won turn 129. I reloaded and played from turn 128 and let the Paradise Mortuary live until I reached Sewer Strategy so I could have the two free Capabilities. Of course I Shot that Building down to size 1 and kept killing any Zombie Units inside the Building each turn...This was just to get a better score. I was "Lucky" the Zombies did not build Dark Sky IV... they started it but I shot the Building down so much, they changed to building Units.

Other than all of the other hordes of killer Zombie Units, the Croakers and Alien Egg Plants are particularly strong.
    Oh and The New Tractor for the Farmers works and looks Very Good. Because it is a one of a kind Unit and pre-placed, the AI uses it for all Flags: Attack, Defense, Irrigate, Clear Pollution (Dead Bodies). If the AI could build the Unit, it would decide on just one of the Flags so I like that the AI Farmers use the Unit in all ways in Game.

I made a Game Sheet where I record when I and the Zombies will get Units. Voyagers, Snipers, Transports, Colossus and I mark off the 50 Giant Squids as I kill them so I know when I can get out to go for Jungle Island and Adventure Island. You can get out before Killing them All but have plenty of Cruise Mines scattered around your Stacked Voyagers and Cruisers so you can go kill them as they come for you. I bait them using a Cruise Mine, watch where they go then kill them.
    Really, there is quite a lot of math needed to analyze and calculate moves to play well.
    I postpone my Moral Boost to turn 100 as the Survivors so it continues through turn 130. Better to have your Moral Boost around that time to be able to deal with the Hordes the last 1/3 of the Game.

OH and don't forget to "Leader Farm" you will need Champions, Snipers and all Lethal Shooting Units you can get :)
    Game testing required 115 Hours... One must seriously think about every move.

Fortis1 likes this.
  7. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

I guess I didn't word my post very well. These days mostly I play C3 the way some people play solitaire card games. Something enjoyable to occupy my eyes while I listen to the BBC or whatever - as a break from my anthropology fieldwork (which involves a whole lot of thinking about game design at a deep level while playing [an mmo] immersively). That's the only reason I don't consistently win and haven't delved into the latest version.

I enjoy EFZI immensely. Several reasons that spring to mind:
    • a sterling example of adapting almost every aspect of the graphics to completely change the "look & feel"
      • urban terrain being especially notable here
    • a wide range of unusual units - many of which are Vuldacon's own work
    • pushes the limits of a clunky game engine (nearly 2 decades old now)
      • clever application a very unusual tech tree that in combination with things such as auto-production effectively simulate trigger events
      • land transports
      • not just UUs, but individual heroes that somehow manage to have personalities. It's actually rough to sacrifice the named units.
    could extend the list into tl:dr territory

I truly wish I had the time and energy to devote to it that this amazing creation has earned. EFZI won well deserved recognition in the Decade Awards. And Vuldacon earns kudos for continuing to develop it nearly a decade further on.

In short, a perfect example of creativity overcoming straight-jacketing, in a way that is not only technically brilliant but all happening under the hood so that EFZI is immensely fun and emotionally immersive. It's no small feat to turn a classic game about the rise of civilization over thousands of years into a different and equally enjoyable game about surviving the first couple weeks of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Wolfhart and AbsintheRed like this.
  8. Vuldacon

Blue Monkey...
    WOW!
    Thank You for such a Great Post about the Game.
    This made my day as I do not get much feedback about the game these days.

Happy Holidays.

AbsintheRed likes this.
  9. Takhisis

This is just meant to be pasted over the previous latest version, right?

It's amazing to see how you can devote yourself to this. And the results (well, I haven't played this version yet) are worth it, I've always found.

10. Vuldacon

Yes, I kept the same name because it is the same game... I improved everything I could find and added more.
    So Yes, just overwrite with the New Files.

11. sandswoll05

sandswoll05 Chieftain

YAY!
    So quick question, I've started a game as both Farmers and Authorities and all Champions and some vehicles are displaying the "figure" of a -To Be Continued Zombie -.
    All stats are correct, all abilities are correct, they move as what they say they are, just the icon/picture I'm looking at on the screen is wrong. Any ideas??

12. Vuldacon

Hi sandswoll05... That happens on Halloween. The King Units all become Zombies. On the Birthday of Elvis, the King Units become Elvis.
    This is written in the Game Concepts of the Game. "Elvis Birthday Special" and "Halloween Special".
    You can change the Date on your Computer to a day before the dates if you want to play without seeing the King Units Changed... just remember to return the date to the correct day after playing.

sandswoll05 likes this.
  13. sandswoll05

sandswoll05 Chieftain

Ah, wonderful!
    Thanks so much for your continued work on this!
    Now for another 100+ hours of enjoyment.

14. Nwoll

Nwoll Prince

I have played versions of this consistently throughout the years, and the new upgrade adds some serious difficulty.

I am not that good, but I feel like I know this scenario very well. It takes a lot of min-max to win, which is exhausting.

I'm curious if anyone can beat the newest version as the Company on Mature. The company is already almost impossible to win as, but Mature level is right at the sweet spot where the AI is too weak to keep Survivors and Authorities competitive for any length of time (they lose radio station, docks, furniture, garage, and school by the middle of the third tech; as well as the obvious hospital, tokagawa's house, and coast guard - also I measure everything in the game by tech. Middle of tech 3 would of course be turn 33 or so since each tech takes 14 turns) The company is in no position to compete for the western side of the map and the loss of the radio station and spider eggs soon snowballs into defeat. (With the farmers or survivors I just burn it down immediately, but the company needs it to win...) On higher difficulty levels the AI Survivors and Authorities will keep their core buildings much longer and even take the Coast Guard and Tokagawa's House and hold them for several tech turns.
    (I've won as Authorities, Farmers, and Survivors at this difficulty level with this version)

Gameplay decisions I don't understand:
    Security SMG can't use sewers, making them obsolete immediately since Roboguards fulfil the same functions.
    The Penal Colony has 100 sated alphas meaning it's going to be in the last 5 buildings captured, yet the US Marshall unit is there, which is absolutely superfluous, since by time you take the penal colony, you have no need for one single bombard unit, it's useless.
    The bikergals, sewer rats, and gatling gals seem like fun units, yet there is no chance you can use them. By the time they arrive, you should already have the airport and you're just killing time at the TV station. I don't even think you can get the gatling gals before time runs out.

Anyway, thanks again for this amazing mod and all your hard work!

15. Takhisis

Those of us who asked for it to be made more difficult because we could beat it when playing it as multiplayer might be to blame.

16. Vuldacon

This Game was designed for the Human Player to work with the other AI Human Factions against the Zombies. Not only to prevent the Zombies from capturing more AI Human Buildings until YOU want them to but also to gain Capabilities.

The Security SMG Units are intended to use Vehicles rather than sewers, the same as many other Faction Units such as the Pyromaniac, Armed Farmhand and National Guard. The reason why many of the lesser Units such as Nerds use Sewers is to help the Player gain units faster to place on tiles surrounding their Buildings to prevent Zombies from "Unearthing" with various Coffin Units there. If all Units used sewers, there would not be a need for the Many Land Transports in the game. It is all simply a balance to provide players with different strategies they can use. The Company has the RoboForce Unit that has Attack 24, Defense 22 and Hit Points 7 compared to the Pyromaniac Unit having Attack 16, Defense 13 and Hit Points 6. All Lethal Shooting Units make a difference and are not obsolete or useless. The Security SMG has Attack 15, Defense 13 and Hit Points 5 with Lethal Land Bombardment range 2 tiles. Stronger than the Security Unit that can use the Sewers but has no Ranged Lethal Land Bombardment. Playing as the Survivors, it is the player's prerogative to go for the TV Station or Win by Conquest. I generally go for Conquest and gain all Capabilities. The Company is the Strongest Faction in the Game after the Authorities who are the Strongest. The Farmers gain strength and have the ability to make peace with the Zombies as well as gaining a larger population. This and their Units make them a strong Faction and Fun to play. The Survivors have Vuldacon, Scraps, Miss Tokugawa and Mike Rush but the Player must gain Champions as fast as they can. Civilians and Old War Vets are hardly powerful Units but serve to Block Zombies. All Factions start the Game with more Champions to haven a Very Good Start at gaining More.

Playing as the Company, You can gain the Coast Guard by Upgrading the Corporate Chopper or building a sewer at the Dog Pound and sending The Director and Champions there. Use the Company Car at the Dog Pound. You can go after the Hospital then Graveyard after capturing the Coast Guard. From there it is a matter of going after the Paradise Resort and Snorkel Beach as you keep an eye on Tokugawa's Home. When the Zombies capture it, go after it. Just as All Human Factions need to capture the Coast Guard and the Paradise Resort to gain Cruisers and Voyagers, Tokugawa's Home is needed to gain Snipers. Keep an eye on the Radio Station and make a Right of Passage agreement with the Authorities. Place Champions on both sides of the Radio Station on the Skyscrapers there to prevent the Zombies from Capturing the Radio Station until you are ready to recapture it. You should now be going for North Shore Industries then City Utilities then Sanitation Department.

In order to capture the West Coast Buildings, it is faster to use Voyagers as they have many more powerful shots. Load Strong Units in Voyagers to place in captured Buildings. Place Deadly Chemicals and Oil Barrel Bombs in Hazard Trucks and horde as many loaded trucks as you can afford, then use all to help you with many other Strong Shooting Units to capture Zombie Buildings.. No Matter what Faction you play, build as many workers as you can to clear pollution and add to the population of your smaller buildings. Keep track of the 50 Giant Squids you kill. When you have killed most of them, go for Jungle Island, keeping your Voyagers and Cruisers in stacks. Use many Cruise Mines to alert you of any remaining Giant Squids. The Giant Squids will go after your Cruise Mines, therefore use them to Bait the Giant Squids so your Cruisers and Voyagers can kill them. Use combinations of Cruisers, Voyagers then Cruise mines to Kill Giant Squids.

Again, You must multi-task and handle many things each turn. In order to do that, you must understand what can is going to happen concerning the Zombies. Play the Game and read through "Game Tips from Vuldacon" in Game Concepts.

The Game was also designed to have the Zombies continue to gain strength to the end with more Powerful Units and the number of them.

The Player needs to use Champions and gain more of them as the game progresses. Key Buildings such as the Coast Guard, Tokugawa's Home, Radio Station, City Utilities, North Shore Industry, Sanitation Department, Docks and Adventure Island should all be captured with good timing. When playing as the other Human Factions, the Human Player should help Guard the Radio Station until ready to allow the Zombies to capture it. Then the player can immediately capture the Radio Station. This not only prevents the Nasty Horrors, it prevents the Human Player from having to go to war with the Authorities. This holds true for other Buildings owned by the Human AI. Your Strategy should include Helping the AI Human Factions and preventing the capture of any AI Human Faction Building until you are ready for it to be captured by the Zombies. Obviously you cannot prevent all so choose wisely what Buildings you choose to Help Guard. The Zombies seriously go after the Authorities Radio Station, Police Station and City Hall so they need your Help. Build Fortresses along streets and place Strong Units in them such as Hand Built Tanks, Snipers, Special Units, etc... Place Champions and Snipers in various places that can reach Zombie Units that are trying to break through your defensive lines and have vehicles near by to take them where needed. Use invisible units on tiles surrounding your Buildings such as resources that the Zombies can see or Manholes. Surround the invisible Units with visible units such as Civilians, Nerds or any lesser unit. This prevents the other AI Human Units from running into them and causing a war. Bottom Line is to deal with many things each turn with your strategy.

The Coast Guard is important to gain Cruisers, Paradise Resort is important to gain Voyagers as well as Nerds, Tokugawa's Home is important to gain Snipers. The Docks are important to gain extra ship movement and Attacks.
    Rescued Units are powerful as well as Snipers and Hazmat Workers. The Annihilator Armed is an Over Kill Powerful Unit. Best to Kill most of the Giant Squids and go for Jungle Island Resort, killing the Devil's Reefs on the way and to the Docks and Adventure Island.

One method is to start shooting the Research Center and surrounding it with as many shooting Units as can be spared early in order to be able to capture it by the Omega. Capture Adventure Island and upgrade the Annihilator by the Omega or very soon after. With Good timing and the use of Voyagers and Cruisers, the Player can easily capture the desired Coastal Buildings. This includes the Penal Colony. ( I capture it after Adventure Island, the Airport and White Sands Hotel in 3 or 4 turns). I capture the Airport and White Sands Hotel first to prevent the Dark Sky II and III from activating the Tornado Units. The Docks has the first Dark Sky. The Docks can be captured after the Zombies capture it using either Cars, Trucks and or the TARDIS to carry special Shooting Units as well as using Voyagers and Cruisers to Bombard the Docks. Rescued Units such as Jake, Captain Spiff Power Packed, US Marshal, etc... can all be rescued and used early enough to be useful and have fun with.

The most important thing is to understand what is going to happen in the Game concerning the Zombies... then play with good timing to prevent the Zombies from Gaining the extreme Power they can reach.
    It is a Multi-task Game, not a game where you can simply go after a Zombie Building and do nothing else. You must help the Human AI as you also go after the Buildings you want. For example, it is a good idea to get a Right of Passage agreement with the Farmers in order to be able to park Cars and or Trucks along the way to North Shore Industries. This also allows the Player to use those vehicles to quickly transport Great Leaders to their Buildings that have a Machine Shop to Upgrade the Great Leaders to Champions. Use Transport Vehicles to Transport Vehicle to Vehicle type movement to be able to keep your Transport Vehicles in place as you take your Great Leaders to be Upgraded to Champions. Use the TARDIS, Sam Hammer, Balloons, Helicopters and Choppers to reveal the Map and to see what the Zombies are doing.

Depending on how one plays the Game, players should be able to gain all of the Capabilities for their Faction.
    If played well with Good timing and strategy, Players will have Extreme Power with the ability to capture multiple Buildings at a time toward the end of the Game. I do not like having to go to war with the Other Human Factions and try to allow the Zombies to capture them first. This usually will end up having to go to war with the other Human Factions by the end of the Game as they will have a few Buildings remaining. I have captured 3 Farmers Buildings, 3 Authorities Buildings and 4 Company Buildings in one turn toward the end of the game. This requires several turns to set up your strategy but the point is when played well, you will have Extreme Power. Many Lethal Shooting Units and the Annihilator Armed alone Shoots 50 times a turn.

Due to the Farmers gaining large populations and the ability to have many units, the Zombies had great difficulty capturing their Buildings. With the additions and adjustments, the Zombies seriously go after the Farmers now.
    Each of the Human Factions have their strengths and weaknesses but over all, each are basically equal.

If the Game was too easy, it would lose its learning curve for many strategic details that probably most players have not seen or thought of as well as replay ability.
    ... Once a Player Understands the Game (knows what can or will happen) as well as learns how to make Good moves with Multi-tasking, they will certainly Win easily.
    The Game is intended to be complex and present challenges for the Player until the end.

Remember, things are more difficult only until we learn more about them :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
  17. Lionic

Lionic King

Keep that in mind people!!! This and concentration of Fire Power on your objectives are the keys to victory.

18. Takhisis

I have come to think that not reading the 'pedia entry on initial numbers of Sated Alphas is simply suicidal.

I also agree with Vuldacon calling this a game, given how radically different it has grown from the original Civ3. It's like DotA and Warcraft.

19. Vuldacon

The starting Units for the Company that makes them Very Strong is not only the Director, Special pre-placed Units and the T-800s but the Corporate Chopper that has Blitz with 4 moves, can rebase and has lethal land and sea Bombardment and it transports two Units. The Company also starts with the TARDIS so they just need to capture Sam Hammer. The Company is Easy to Play and has the Technical Toys to play with :)

The Survivors are the most challenging to Play in my opinion because they do not have the more powerful starting units that the Authorities and Company have... and they have fewer starting Buildings.
    The Farmers have it made as they can Go to war with the Zombies then sue them for peace... and they have Fun Units to play with as they create the largest populations in Zeb's Farm and the Coffee Plantation.
    The Authorities have more lethal shooting units to start and more starting buildings. The main struggle for the Authorities is their Buildings are spread out and the Police Station, City Hall and Radio Station are all in the Heart of the Strong Zombie Buildings. Thus the reason for them to start with more lethal shooting Units.

All Human Factions can Capture the Coast Guard by turn 3 and usually turn 1 or turn 2 for the Farmers and Survivors. Tokugawa's Home is simple to capture early from the Zombies if the player is not playing as the Survivors.

I have Game Tested all Factions... Each of them can gain Power quickly and are Fun to Play.

The Human Factions have to watch out for the New Croakers, Alien Egg Plants and Aliens. There are many things that can happen in the Game... for example, If players allow the Zombies to gain Uranium by Capturing either the Military Base or the Nuclear Power Plant, the Zombies will gain Nuclear Zombies, Nuclear Coffin Zombies and Nuclear Dogs. Naturally, different situations such as this cause players more to deal with. If Players capture the Research Center before the Omega, they prevent other Units such as Toxic Colossus from all Zombie Buildings. Many things to address but that is the point to allow players to play the game with their Own Strategies.

Sure, there are many ways to exploit some of the Hard Coded Programing that goes with the Civ Game such as using Shooting Units to destroy Streets but that is OK with me as game play is the prerogative of the Player. Personally, I do not Shoot the Streets. Not because it is an exploit I do not want to do from a sense of Fairness but mostly because I do not want to make the Repairs after I capture the Building :)

I have been Very Curious what Factions Players enjoy playing the most and why. I like all as each Faction has a different "feel" with some different Units and Capabilities. I enjoy playing as the Farmers due to their "Tongue in Cheek" Novel Units. The Company due to their Technical Toys, the Authorities due to their Military Unit approach and the Survivors due to their Few strong Units and Starting Buildings and the challenge to Win with them. Naturally, having made the Game, I never lose so my Challenge is to Win a Conquest Victory without losing any special Unit that is pre-placed for any Faction. "Yeah! we made it" type thing :lol:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  20. Nwoll

Nwoll Prince

Hmm, thanks for your reply.
    I've played many, many, many times do I have no problem knowing exactly what and when the zombies will do.

The survivors are the easiest in my opinion so I rarely play them because they aren't much challenge. I play the company most often, and they are my favorite.

I completely agree that access to Paradise Resort (voyagers) and thus all the zombies coastal cities as well as Adventure Island Annihilator is the only sensible path for most civs. I just never tried it with company because they are so far away. It didn't seem likely that they could keep those cities. It's hard enough for them to keep Tokagawa's House and Dog Pound. I can't even hold the hospital without razing it as the Company. And timing is so crucial, it just seems a waste to send all my bombard units east and take so much time. I guess now I'll try that strategy since I know it's possible.

Believe me, most of your tips I'm well aware of (I even extensively playtested an older version if you recall).

So, the Marshall at the penitentiary.....?

Anyway, thanks for the response.