1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SCENARIO] Escape From Zombie Island Elite - January 31, 2017

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by Vuldacon, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Noll... not sure how you play but the Company is far easier than the Survivors. Upgrade the Corporate Chopper when the Game Starts Turn 0. Use Dogs to Kill the Sewer Guard and take the Car inside the Dog Pound.
    Use the Director, T-800 and Champions... you can afford to use the Nuclear Power Plant T-800 as you have Champions there. Take the Director and the T-800 to the Dog Pound turn 1.
    Get the Street Repaired with the Tools Resource immediately then Upgrade your Workers to Engineers. Build Sewer Tunnels as fast as you can so you can send Champions and other Units where needed.
    Even if you run into the Survivors blocking your Dog Pound Car as you go for the Coast Guard, you should capture the Coast Guard by turn 3.
    You can then use your Corporate Chopper to take Engineers to the Coast Guard to Repair the Street with the Manhole... Buy the Sewer Tunnel after it builds 1 turn.

You can capture Tokugawa's Home as soon as you take more Units to the Coast Guard. Again, use the Director and T-800. The Corporate Chopper has rebase ability and seriously helps the Company.

The US Marshal is stranded in the Penal Colony.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  2. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

The best way to play the company is to set up a leader farm at the Nuclear Power Plant. Just have a jogger sit on the contaminated beach and watch units come to try and kill the unit. The good thing is that since there is a forest in between the site and the Zombies, the dogs will stop there making it easier for you to kill them and get leaders. Its important to make sure you have a unit stopping units from coming from the north and have units placed next to the forest to stop them from being able to past the forest.

3. Vuldacon

classical_hero... yes, many ways to get more Great Leaders that can upgrade to needed Champions. The same is true for capturing Buildings... all a matter of personal choice concerning strategy and that requires an understanding of the Game.
    By knowing what will take place, players can take action to enable themselves with better ability to play through it all with ease and Great Power :)

There are critical or Better Moves that can be made from the start and throughout the Game but to know what those personal moves should be requires playing and discovering what they could be. Even then, Personal Choice of Game Play and Strategy are in many ways different for each player and that is one of the things that allows the Game to be more Fun... Freedom to Play it Your Way.

Random AI Play Factors along with personal game play decisions, where players try to find their Own "Best Way" to play the Game, are what help make the Game interesting and Fun with better Replay Ability of the Scenario. .. and this is all increased by being able to play as the Five different Factions in the Game. From that point of view it is a Five Games in One Scenario with many possibilities to have Fun with.

If there were no options in the Game or Game Play, when anyone learned what to do and they Won, it would become Boring.

Personally, I find it difficult to believe that a Player who Really Understands the Game would ever lose. I never lose and still find it Great Fun to play :)

4. classical_hero

Just a minor problem that was easy to fix was that the Bat Colony was directing to the Infected Pond Civilopedia entry. I was able to fix it by putting it to the correct entry.

5. Vuldacon

classical_hero... Yes, I see that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    That is only in the Biq in Improvements and Wonders that has the wrong Building selected. All other files are correct.
    I Have that corrected for the next Update.

In the mean time, I will place a corrected Biq on the 1st Post.

6. classical_hero

I noticed a lack of bats in my games because I found out that at the Paradise Mortuary, i has the Evil skull resource instead and not bats. I manually changed it in the biq.

7. Vuldacon

classical_Hero... Yes, I changed the Bats to Evil Scull at the Paradise Mortuary for Game reasons. I just did not change the Civilopedia which is corrected now and will be with the Upcoming Update.
    Game testing and Making Units.

8. classical_hero

Okay.

9. classical_hero

I think it's a bad idea because bats can be eliminated from being a threat. Having them in the Mortuary means they are a threat all game. But that's my opinion.

10. Vuldacon

I have retained the Bats in the Mortuary and several other areas. Game testing Now.
    Really, you do not know what I have changed and the consequences.

Bats are NOT any big deal in game but the other units are.
    Still, I have kept the Bats and that is not replacing the Bats with the Evil Skull at the Paradise Mortuary.