escapist magazine 4/12/13

20 is below the 25 base from privateer so I doubt that. I believe in that game the Portuguese had the GL which is one triangle, another could be caravel sight. The strength fits the caravel right. That makes sense for Portuguese being involved in the beginning of the exploration phase. What special ability does it have though

Clearly multiple games from screenshots and they probably wouldn't give a UU inflated stats in a reveal. Its a caravel with plus 1 movement and another bonus probably.

Are carracks in the game? If so the Nau would logically be a replacement of those. At any rate, they'd be a replacement of the first ocean-going ship

Carracks are going to be in the game.

Nau=Carrack

Confirmation that internal trade routes "create" extra food/production rather than transferring it:
Alternately, you can set up the Trade Route within your empire, which allows you to funnel either food (with a Granary) or production (with a Workshop) to another of your cities. The best part of these internal Trade Routes is that you're actually producing these resources, rather than draining them from the city of origin.

Also, both the castle/chateau-thingy and the fort thingy from the poster is visible here (same picture that Jabberwockxeno linked to)

And it's only in French territory, new UI for france Plantation with added culture?

If so France has seen a huge overhaul in Brave New World!

"Archeologist unit, available once you have a University"

The archaeologist obviously looks like Indiana Jones :D

Zulu confirmed for tan and brown color scheme, in the map in the screenshots.

It's basically assyria, but desaturated. and the secondary color being darker.

Great Artists & works:
- Raja Ravi Varma - Sri Shanmukaha Subramania Swami
- El Greco - View of Toledo

French workers are building a new improvement, maybe a Château.
It looks like France is getting a giant overhaul. I wonder if we'll have to say goodbye to the French Foreign Legion.

Just saw this! But the Escapist Magazine's ruddy adverts are in the way of all the screenshots for me on my laptop! Argh! :(

Edit: Finally my laptop started to wake up and respond to my clicking the image - fixed! :p

My god, I'm so excited for June. This is going to be a great expansion.

Also, it's Pedro the II of Brazil! Confirmed. Look in the Congress Screenshot

If anyone else is finding the site annoying, I've saved the images to my flickr BNW folder linked here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/josiahkeen/sets/72157633069474841/

I am really looking forward to Portuguese exploration and economics.

Wow, so many amazing screenshots with new information.

The city state has a new improvement that looks like some sort of Fort with a Harbor besides it. What do people make of that? Is the Brazilian trireme interacting with this structure, or just randomly placed beside it? Will this be related to trade routes?

Top Bottom