Esctasy or ____

stratego

Trying to be good.
This is a spin-off from Narz's "Esctasy or Longevity" thread.

If you're given a chance to live one year in pure happiness, but after that one year you'll forget it all would you take the opportunity? Here's the catch. After that one year, you'll know a year has passed, but it will just remain an empty time frame in your memory.

no

No. If I don't remember something then its as good as it having never happened. And maybe after the full year I will start wondering where that one year has gone and start running around "looking for answers". Would be really weird...

Hell no. . . it would drive me crazy trying to figure out what it was I missed out on.

Yes, certainly. For me to feel pure happiness I must be tangibly productive and a boon to those around me. That's what makes me happy. So it matters not if I experience that period in hindsight.

no, what is it worth when you don't remember it?

Sounds like the early 90s for me.

back in school I fooled around with a pretty girl but was too drunk to remember the next morning, friends had to tell me, no, I don't like that feeling :)

No way... I hate not remembering things. I would just spend that rest of my life trying to find out what happened in that year. It would ruin the rest of my time on earth! Tell me again why I'd want to do that?

Originally posted by stratego
If you're given a chance to live one year in pure happiness, but after that one year you'll forget it all would you take the opportunity? Here's the catch. After that one year, you'll know a year has passed, but it will just remain an empty time frame in your memory.

Isn't this exactly what we call "life" on earth? Before we were born, we have no memory whatsoever. Basically, we came from nothingness. Then we are given the chance to live on earth and experience the ups and downs, happiness and sorrows, etc. Then we will leave this earth and return to the stage of non-existance (sure, there are theory of life after dead but they are just theories without any solid proof; even if there are life after dead, there is no proof of any kind that we will remember about the time we spend on earth). Anyway, to answer your question: yes, most people will do it (proof: we are the living proof of that). It's better to have and lost than not having anything at all because there is always a chance that those memories will be recoverable (just like life, there is always a chance that the after life does really exist and that our lives on earth do matter).

Originally posted by Moonsinger

Isn't this exactly what we call "life" on earth? Before we were born, we have no memory whatsoever. Basically, we came from nothingness. Then we are given the chance to live on earth and experience the ups and downs, happiness and sorrows, etc. Then we will leave this earth and return to the stage of non-existance (sure, there are theory of life after dead but they are just theories without any solid proof; even if there are life after dead, there is no proof of any kind that we will remember about the time we spend on earth). Anyway, to answer your question: yes, most people will do it (proof: we are the living proof of that). It's better to have and lost than not having anything at all because there is always a chance that those memories will be recoverable (just like life, there is always a chance that the after life does really exist and that our lives on earth do matter).

Nice!!:goodjob: but then again that is why so many of us question our existence...what is the point? we are all gonna be dead and gone soon enough anyway. why even do it if it all ends in nothing? Just so you dont think im some kind of pessimistic suicidal person, i say we do it because we can. we are here, so we might as well have some fun.

So we assume there is no memory whatsoever, and no chance of recovering that memory. Well then, it would be a lost year and you will spend the rest of your life frustrated. I don't think it's worth it.

Originally posted by SanPellegrino
back in school I fooled around with a pretty girl but was too drunk to remember the next morning, friends had to tell me, no, I don't like that feeling :)

Been there, done that...

--------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I once dremt that I "lost" a year.. It was terrible because i lost it all on christmas eve! Hope im not a prophet, because even though this last year has not always been as happy, I would not loose my memory of it..

experiences are temporary and fleeting, and the only true joy we derive from them is in their memory.

"Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture a little of the glory of
well time slips away and leaves you with nothing mister but boring stories of
glory days, well they'll pass you by
glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
glory days, glory days"
-Bruce Springsteen 'Glory Days"

Yes, becuase that one year would be awesome.

And if I didnt know what happened it might be for the better *wink Wink* ;)

Absoultely. You don't remember? So what! Quit living in the past and try to make THIS your year of exctacy.

Yes! suprisingly enough sounds like the raving time of my life in which I toke lot's of Ecstasy :lol:

Top Bottom