1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Espionage alterations (XML)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Matty R, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

Hello :)

Is there any way to remove City Visibility from the Espionage missions? I've been increasing it's iCost to 1,000,000, but I'd still prefer to remove it, or have it deactivated in all circumstances.

Also, is there a way to remove all of the Spy missions (poison water supply, steal tech etc)? I'd like the only function of a Spy to be as a combat scout or Pathfinder, to go ahead of the main force during an assault to see what is ahead and help plan strategies.

I've only got experience with XML modifications, so if these can only be done through some other system I'll work something else out.

Thanks.

2. progressregress

progressregress Chieftain

Set the iCost to -1 on city visibility and it will not appear as an option and will not be available. Change the <bSpy>1</bSpy> to <bSpy>0</bSpy> on the spy, and it should be unable to do any missions, but still capture enemy spies.

3. Matty R

Matty R Veteran Newbie

Brilliant! I'll give those a go. Thanks. :)