1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Espionage Economy

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by SquirrelCensus, Jan 9, 2013.

1. SquirrelCensus

SquirrelCensus Chieftain

So I read about espionage economy in a guide and I'd like to give it a whirl. Just for kicks, I don't care about high scores or anything. I read "Espionage and It's Uses" in the strat. articles sections, but I would like to know: Are there any trait combos/leaders that are particularly well suited for pulling this off? Anything else I should know?

2. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Fred of Sumeria

Generally any Philo leader.

Darius would be good to for FIN and fast CHs. FIN is obviously good for the slider.

Elizabeth

3. ben-jammin

ben-jammin Emperor

Roosevelt would be good for getting the GW built and fast courthouses. Frederick for fast courthouses+philo. But the espionage 'economy' is a ply-from-behind approach...it doesn't really make sense unless the AIs are teching at lightspeed (ie deity) or you have no way to leverage trades (always war? no tech trades? no tech brokering?).