1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Espionage from beyond the grave?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by blackcatatonic, Jul 4, 2012.

1. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

The AI likes espionage. So much so, it seems, that even when someone is completely conquered, their spies like to stick around for a while longer :crazyeye:

Spoiler :

Elizabeth had been wiped off the map by myself and Isabella, yet when the next round of City-State elections took place, James Bond was still very much in business in Milan, and actually managed to stop my own agent from rigging the election. Despite the fact that there was no longer a Her Majesty's Secret Service for him to belong to.

Has anyone else seen this?

2. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

3. blackcatatonic

:lol:

I might buy that if spies could do more terroristy things - sabotage production, for example - but rigging a City-State election in favour of an extinct state is pretty lame by Bond's standards. If he conducts a coup, then we're talking.

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Moved to bug reports.

I guess a save could be useful for the devs :).

5. blackcatatonic

Attached a save - it's from the same turn as the screenshot so I'm assuming the problem will still be evident.

Attached Files:

6. Harv72b

Harv72b Prince

Well hey, searching the forum works! :D

Noticed this a couple of times in my games recently. Methinks somebody forgot to write in the code to delete spies stationed in city states when a civ is eliminated from the game.

7. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Sadly, this save is probably not very helpful for someone trying to fix the bug. Though it might show that something is wrong, it doesn't allow to reproduce the action (= spy artifact from eliminated civ "acting") leading to that notification. A save right from the end of the turn before would be the key.

8. lollibast

lollibast Warlord

I got beaten to rigging an election by a dead CIV

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread on same topic.

Attached Files:

9. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

This seems to be another save after the bug has happened...what is needed for developers to fix something is most of the time a save right before a bug happens.

10. lollibast

lollibast Warlord

ok, sorry, thought proof that it happened was te thing to upload, a save from just before might not result in it (i play with random seed)