1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Espionage games

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Shoes, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Shoes

Shoes Warlord

By that I mean games in which you set your reaserch slider to near 0 and use espionage to get techs.

Can anyone spare some advice in general? Am I supposed to beeling Alphabet and then make espionage slider as high as I can without going under 0GPT as I am doing right now? If not what should I be doing? I only tried this kind of strategy once at a Earth18 map with Izzy. It worked quite well, but I found the worst thing about it that you cannot get betters techs then your neighboors have so when I thought my economy was strong enough I switched to reaserch. Is that what you are supposed to do?

2. nfw

nfw King

I'm no expert, but beelining masonry and chop out the Great Wall is gets you a strong head start in espionage.

3. lymond

lymond Rise Up! (Phoenix Style!) Hall of Fame Staff

Shoes - Are you familiar with the S&T forum? You will get better advice.

4. joanne

joanne Barbarian

Wait for madscientist's upcoming Role Play Challenge(RPC): Julian Assange of wikiCivilization, currently being discussed here. One restriction is turning science off and focusing on espionage after teching alphabet

5. Cristoval

Cristoval Warlord

I'm definately gonna check how he uses his Espionage points.

6. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Following the conclusion of the charlemagne let's play, I will be doing a video walkthrough of the same game (Assange RPC).