Espionage Mafia - Game Thread [Concluded]

That… certainly is an odd rôle.

@GenMarshall what are you doing? Hullo! vote: GenMarshall.

AvatarKhepri, what waggon? Are you defending a teammate?
And what's this about voting stickers? Are you not allowed to vote?

And, Manasi, were you pocketing me last night?
What? No? Why would you think that?

Why does the thread title read ‘Night 1’?

Why does the thread title read ‘Night 1’?

Oops, It's really difficult to mod on a normal site after getting used to all the automated features of Mafia Universe.

:c5razing:Countdown:c5razing:

:c5war:Votecount:c5war:
Takhisis 1: AvatarKhepri
GenMarshall 1: Takhisis

Oops, It's really difficult to mod on a normal site after getting used to all the automated features of Mafia Universe.
Thingyman does spoil us lot a bit there.
I'm aware of abilities like this, and have had some in games I've run in the past. This experience has led me to the conclusion that such abilities are anti-fun for townies, who are already having the least fun, and I refuse to assume pzelda would be so un-fun so logically such abilities are not present in this iteration.
:dunno: It's a hypothesis, based on a cryptic comment you made.
Ah, sidling up to you all cozy-like so she can pick your pocket...maybe Manasi is the dirty sticker-thief. I know there's a thief around, because they've stolen my heart...well, maybe a lung. The point is I feel empty in my vague upper-torso area, and that's bad for democracy. Not to mention for my important business business I'll be conducting at 2:37 am tomorrow morning with Yakostovian Logic and Arakhor.
I think the original meaning was that the pocketer got the target in their pocket, but either way it means gaining the confidence of another player early in the game in order to avoid that player suspecting one. It's usually done by non-town parts.

Care to elaborate on Logic and Arakhor?
See, when I see somebody saying they're going to put the needs of the village before their own survival, I tend to think of it as a good thing, but I suppose there are different schools of thought. I can only assume that based on your game experience you're further along in your Wine Placement major than I am.
Have you watched The Princess Bride, by any chance?
What? No? Why would you think that?
Why wouldn't/shouldn't I think that?
In that case
Vote AvatarKhepri
We need to lynch someone.
While I have historically considered lynching anybody voting for me to be valid policy (and I still do) AvatarKhepri is at least engaged in some sort of discussion. Could you explain your vote at least?

Two people have votes, we need to lynch, you seem less suspect. I'm hping for two bandwagons that will yield us more info.

Yeah, but just in case you haven't noticed I have to point out that now there's three bandwaggons.

Two people have votes, we need to lynch, you seem less suspect. I'm hping for two bandwagons that will yield us more info.
Vote: rakkoon

More info, how, exactly? Why start a third bandwagon when you like one of the players and haven't stated an opinion of the other?

I still think Johanna is worth looking at. I'll have to review the thread once i get home because my brain does not seem to be functioning or retaining any information right now.

I still think Johanna is worth looking at. I'll have to review the thread once i get home because my brain does not seem to be functioning or retaining any information right now.
Yeah, I’d agree here. Their opening post was kinda weird and reactions to getting voted were super defensive.
In that case
Vote AvatarKhepri
So based on that context, this is a vote to kill. Why them?

OTOH those reactions do look like those JK has when his nerves are frazzled IRL.

Meh, he'll be back when he'll be back.

So, just because of his contradictions, and the lack of any response whatsoever from Mr. General, I think voting Rakkoon might be it, but I'd rather have him explain himself first.

Meh, he'll be back when he'll be back.

So, just because of his contradictions, and the lack of any response whatsoever from Mr. General, I think voting Rakkoon might be it, but I'd rather have him explain himself first.
Did I miss something? When did rakk contradict himself?

In that case
Vote AvatarKhepri

"We need to lynch somebody."
*votes for neither of the current wagons*

I'm gonna point out two things that should be fairly important to both you and everybody else:

1) At the end of D1, nobody was lynched explicitly because town was so split in their voting record; if we don't have solid wagons, people don't die, and that's a problem, because...

2) I've seen it mentioned in multiple games, both on this site and my home forum (GiantITP) by veteran players that the lynch is the town's power. If the town does not lynch anybody, they lose, guaranteed. The first game I saw this truism brought up in was after the game, in the private wolves-only chat, where the wolves congratulated each other on convincing town to forfeit the D1 lynch without getting any wolves outed. Refusing to vote, or voting in a way that makes lynching less likely, is making it less likely that town will get a say in who lives and who dies. Not voting, or splitting the vote even further, is anti-town behavior. I'm not saying you're definitely mafia, but I am saying that's how mafia works sometimes. Either convince somebody else to join your wagon on me, or move your vote somewhere where it might actually lynch somebody.

:dunno: It's a hypothesis, based on a cryptic comment you made.

The above important statements aside, you can't take anything I say seriously. It's against the law and I'll see you in court.

I think the original meaning was that the pocketer got the target in their pocket, but either way it means gaining the confidence of another player early in the game in order to avoid that player suspecting one. It's usually done by non-town parts.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense than my thing.

Care to elaborate on Logic and Arakhor?

Either I'm trolling by listing off names as if they're targets and/or co-conspirators when really I just rolled randomly on the list of living players, or I'm making 9000 IQ fourth-dimensional chess plays with these wine glasses. Or maybe it's somewhere in the middle?

Have you watched The Princess Bride, by any chance?

Every night through her bedroom window. The aristocracy lives a lot more normally than you'd think when they don't think anybody's watching.

While I have historically considered lynching anybody voting for me to be valid policy (and I still do) AvatarKhepri is at least engaged in some sort of discussion. Could you explain your vote at least?

I'm not a fan of this statement. "This person is acting suspicious but at least they've got a clear and vested interest in playing the game" is a poor defense. Wolves are almost always a great deal more invested in the game than townies are, particularly vanillagers. Active players who seem suspicious are usually either veterans who know what they're doing and are baiting for reactions, or wolves that are less slick than they think. I'm not saying I'm a wolf...but I'm also not saying I know what I'm doing. So bear that in mind.

Refusing to vote, or voting in a way that makes lynching less likely, is making it less likely that town will get a say in who lives and who dies. Not voting, or splitting the vote even further, is anti-town behavior.
There is a notable exception to this: MYLO.
Wolves win MYLO when a townie is lynched, but townies can NL safely to narrow the player-pool and have a better chance of guessing the following day.
LYLO is easier to win as town than MYLO is, based on pure statistics.

All that pedantry aside, I think you have some good points, AK.

The above important statements aside, you can't take anything I say seriously. It's against the law and I'll see you in court.
*remembers strident statements to the effect that should AvatarKhepri ever be on the same (scum) team as Takhisis this would be revealed immediately*
Ah, that makes a lot more sense than my thing.

Either I'm trolling by listing off names as if they're targets and/or co-conspirators when really I just rolled randomly on the list of living players, or I'm making 9000 IQ fourth-dimensional chess plays with these wine glasses. Or maybe it's somewhere in the middle?
¿Por qué no los tres?
Every night through her bedroom window. The aristocracy lives a lot more normally than you'd think when they don't think anybody's watching.
And they have perfect br- um.
I'm not a fan of this statement. "This person is acting suspicious but at least they've got a clear and vested interest in playing the game" is a poor defense. Wolves are almost always a great deal more invested in the game than townies are, particularly vanillagers. Active players who seem suspicious are usually either veterans who know what they're doing and are baiting for reactions, or wolves that are less slick than they think. I'm not saying I'm a wolf...but I'm also not saying I know what I'm doing. So bear that in mind.
:huh:
:scan:
Mmmkay?

But it's ‘at least they're playing the game’, 'cos we have a few absences and near-absences for a game this small.

Out of, if I counted them correctly, 27 posts this phase, we have:

1. Takhisis 8
2. Topsecret - dead
3. JohannaK 1
4. Arakhor 1
5. Yakovistan 2
6. Rakkoon 3
7. AvatarKhepri 4
8. Manasi 2
9. Ryast 4
10. GenMarshall 0

plus a post from pzelda. Well, it doesn't add up, there's one missing, but it will do.

GenMarshall is… AWOL?
JK announced his absence so for a Day or two he gets a pass.
Arakhor is lurking.
Yakostovian is here.
Manasi's posting nothing of substance except a reaction. Knowing her, it's fairly typical early-game behaviour regardless of alignment or win condition for her.
Now we come to those who've posted more than once or twice: you, me, Ryast, and the Coon.

Antitowns who post more give themselves and their partners away and leave more of a trail to track than those who lurk. So this early in the game I might be more inclined to lynching the lurkers, but only slightly. It's still early in the phase, anyway.

Did I miss something? When did rakk contradict himself?
Never mind, forgot about when it happened.

I don’t really think it’s that scummy though. Unless both wagons were mafia, mafia would have more reason to vote for one of them and try push a mislynch while not really looking like they had a big part of it.

I more just don’t like the fact that their vote on this avatar was so non committed while still looking like a vote they want to kill with. Not much reasoning behind it but still saying they want a lynch there, if that makes sense?

Top Bottom