Espionage problem

yokan000

Chieftain
Hi, I am new to the game, I heard that I can conduct an espoinage mission after I build a military academy.
I tried doing so, but after that when I click on the espoinage button in the info box, I can conduct mission at my allies, and I am confined to two mission only, Steal Technology & Investigate City. But I heard before that I can send spies to conduct mission to both enemies and allies, steal world maps and do sabotages, but why can't it work for me?:confused:
Thx in advance~

Originally posted by yokan000
Hi, I am new to the game, I heard that I can conduct an espoinage mission after I build a military academy.
I tried doing so, but after that when I click on the espoinage button in the info box, I can conduct mission at my allies, and I am confined to two mission only, Steal Technology & Investigate City. But I heard before that I can send spies to conduct mission to both enemies and allies, steal world maps and do sabotages, but why can't it work for me?:confused:
Thx in advance~

You have to build the Intelligence Agency, not the Military Academy.

Sorry, I am still a bit confused with the Wonders.
I just check that out, and It's a Intelligence Agency I have build and I am at 2036, the modern age.

You also have to click on the Pentagon symbol next to the name of the city with the intelligence agency to plant a spy. After this you can view the makeup of that civs military, and can attempt other operations. They are usually too expensive to be worth the trouble.

Originally posted by yokan000
Sorry, I am still a bit confused with the Wonders.
I just check that out, and It's a Intelligence Agency I have build and I am at 2036, the modern age.

Looks like the clock is ticking, so you may want to concentrate on meeting the victory conditions instead. Screw the Intelligence Agency. By the time you build it, your game will be over. Build it in your next game.

In your next game, try to build it as early in the game as possible, because it will probably take a long time for you to successfully plant spies in every enemy civ. Once you do, however, you'll quickly notice that the best option is the one that allows you to steal an enemy's plans, which will permit you to see where all of your enemy's units are placed. This will pay immediate dividends when you want to plan a military campaign against that enemy, or to simply check out what friendly civs are up to as well.

Most importantly, it is FREE to see how many units of each type the AI has once you have planted a spy.

loki

Top Bottom