Espionage

buck beach

Prince
Thinking very seriously of disabling this function my next game. I can't get a handle on it (early to mid-game). I place spies in every city, but, friend and foe alike rape me for my treasury and worse destroy my buildings. Don't get me wrong I like the function but I'm frustrated as hell with the frequency of successful attacks by the other Civs.

I am hoping someone has a solution or can build a case for having it enabled.

Buck

BTW only playing Prince level

Well, first of all, you can safely disable it; other than that, I don't really mind enemy spies all that much. When playing normally, I rarely even build any of my own. Try generating more espionage maybe?

When playing normally, I rarely even build any of my own.
Me neither. They prevent gold/techs from being stolen, but usually their maintenance costs outweighs the gold I would lose from espionage actions taken against me. It's just cheaper to let the gold be stolen...

Choosing a leader that has the Political trait will earn you +50% more Spy points.
You can build buildings, like a tavern for +1 spy point, or you could build a wonder, like the Istar Gate and get +2 spy point per walls built in every city.

Well took the advice not to build spies, selected Julius Ceaser as my leader, and reduced my new game to Noble. After all this as soon technically able, my neighbor (btw the only other one on the continent) has hit me with 3 stolen technologies is fairly quick succession. THIS GAME HATES ME (LOL).

I`ve noticed that spies don`t earn promotions in RI or do mine just get caught before :p ?

Top Bottom