1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

esrb rating

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by techathon, Feb 25, 2010.

1. techathon

techathon Member

what do yall think the esrb will be. Do you think they will add a drug resorce, make it more violent or do you think theyll shoot for an E rating?

2. Afforess

Afforess The White Wizard

I can't imagine it getting more than a T rating. That said, I think ESRB ratings are ridiculous. Life is way more mature than most games.

3. GreatProfit

GreatProfit Chieftain

If they continue to sexify the female leaders like they did with Miss Cleo from Civ Rev, they just might lose the E rating. Oh and don't forget the combat. We wouldn't want our kids shooting arrows across lakes.

4. Akkon888

Akkon888 한국 사람

I believe it will remain E10+ for:

-Mild Suggestive Themes
    -Cartoon Violence/Violence
    -Intense Situations

Reminds me of Avatar, given a PG13 rating because of "Intense epic battle situations"

5. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Super Moderator

Or any number of Disneyfied films which feature "mild peril". Pass the sick-bag, someone.

6. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Personally I think they'll try to aim for the E10+ or E12+ or whatever it was for CivIV. I think they always tried to make it as reasonably low as possible to extend their market. And frankly I don't think that's too unreasonable - the game's focus is not necessarily on guts and gore and blood flying over all the place, unlike some other more military-focused games, so, yeah.

7. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

I think it would be E10+ to Teen in the USA and their equivalent in other countries by their respective groups.

8. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

In germany, the official rating for Civ4 is 6+, and i guess it'll be the same for Civ5.

9. Zomgmeister

Zomgmeister Emerged Lurker

Sure, Civilization always was perfectly suitable for children of all ages. Nothing violent or wrong in this game. At all.

10. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Hey! It is Toad from the Mario Bros. series. :lol:

There is nothing wrong with a few mushroom clouds here and there. :p

11. Zomgmeister

Zomgmeister Emerged Lurker

Totally natural, of course. I think that natural things, like boobies (yeah, just watched that preview video) and mushroom clouds should be free of social prejudice. And available to everyone.

12. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Well, if there were more boobies available to the masses, then there would be less mushroom clouds to worry about :)

13. CornPlanter

CornPlanter Emperor

I'd love it but I'm sure not gonna happen. No Opium wars for us :) And no random events "Alexander (under influence) gifted three cities to Caesar" caused by too many weed resources within a single empire.

14. QwertyKey

QwertyKey Warlord

I don't see the need for them to try to keep an E rating. It's not as if there's a bunch of 6 year olds playing Civ whose mom's won't let them play a 'T' game or anything like that. It's pretty much just teenagers and adults.

15. techathon

techathon Member

ok well in 15 and im not allowed to play T. (not that i mind that much, i personally dont like that many games) just hope i can play ciV

16. NA00

NA00 Chieftain

I'm hoping for an "M". The more risque it is, the larger crowd it will attract. Which in turn will generate more money for an even better CivVI. :). It would be kind of neat if leaders could go under the influence of substances (Alexander gifting cities to Caesar). Think of the new dynamics that would open up in diplomacy :lol:. All joking aside, I don't pay much attention to the ratings, so I don't really care too much what it is rated.

17. Jawa'sRevenge

Jawa'sRevenge Warlord

I don't think it matters at all, but it most likely will be e 10+ or T. (For Violence)