Essay Topic

sp1023

Deity
http://tcr.org/

So I've been thinking about writing a paper on a historical event for a while now, other than term papers, for the aforementioned site. However, I'm at a loss as to what event I should do, considering human history is just ridiculously vast. So I'm looking for an event that could be fun to learn and write about, as well as has resources easily accessible. Any ideas?

How specific do you want to be in your essay? Do you want a broad political or cultural movement? An entire war or an individual battle? You could even be as specific as a meeting between some important figures. I could sit here and write off a long list of history related nouns, but without you narrowing it down at least a bit, I'm afraid it's pretty difficult to make any useful suggestions. :dunno:

The Reign of Terror in the French Revolution or the 1920s-1930's Soviet Union domestic policy.

If you are looking for a topic that is fun, interesting, and different, might I suggest the USS Pueblo incident. It was a US spy ship captured by the North Koreans in the late 1960's. The crew was held prisoner for about a year. The ship was never returned and eventually became a big tourist attraction in North Korea. It's been in the news recently as the North Koreans have made offers to return the ship in exchange for a state meeting with the US. The US state dept. has pretty much ignored the offer. I did a paper on this about 30 years ago. The paper stunk, but I enjoyed the research very much.

Any sort of war or major event in history? Perhaps the Bubonic Plague, the Great Depression, the Pharoahs of Egypt, something along those lines. I was thinking of the Hellenistic Era's conflicts with Persia as a possibility.

The role of the steam engine in the industrial revolution is dramatic.

What are you interested in?

We cannot say what is fun for you to research and write about as it is entirely subjective.
Different people have very different views on what is "fum".

Iran-Iraq War would be interesting and very relevant.

Tokugawa Society I have found to be a really engaging topic.

Would Alexander the Great or Napoleon be viewed as too widely done for research projects?

Would Alexander the Great or Napoleon be viewed as too widely done for research projects?

Umm. A.) What are we talking here? Do you mean just a general biography, or are we looking at something more specific? B.) Yes.

Couldn't resist.

The role of humans in history, 4004 bce to present. Make sure it's annotated.

Way to follow up, sp

Sorry. I'd prefer a war of some sort, or maybe a battle. I remember I did the battle of Agincourt for my 8th grade term paper, but I didn't do particularily well on it.

But once again, I don't really have that many bugs about it, I just need 15-20 sources on it, that's all. It has to be anywhere from 5-10,000 words.

Top Bottom