Establishing far flung settlements

RABicle

Chieftain
I cannot believe I've played this game for as long as I have and only started doing this on my last game, where I was playing on chieftain difficulty and just pissing about.

Airports are the greatest building you could possibly build.

Ok so. Normally, when we setup our far flung colonies, our post Astronomy settlements, we Sail over with a settler and a defensive unit and make a hopeless case city that can't do eff all for ages and you have to ferry over other settlers and workers until it finally establishes itself with a courthouse, theatre and whatever else.

Last game I played I suddenly realised that I had flight and could just airlift dudes in. Every turn I was either dropping in extra settlers, workers, missionaries or best of all, corporate executives.

Has everyone else been doing this for ages and is now laughing at me? Geez I hope so.

Changing the whole way I play. Now instead of trying to set up colonies immediately after astronomy I save it up for Flight and just BAM BAM BAM. ing new settlements established overnight.

Problem is that by flight the islands will be settled out from the AI on higher difficulties. Beside that, yes, true. Also works with lifting troops over to a conquered city on another continent, although that is micro intensive.

Airport is game changing city improvement for me... And yes - I have been also in time when I didn't realise how strong it can be actually...
Still - its true that islands already will be taken by AI on medium/high difficulty...
But still - for wartime its critical building.. Take 1 city on new landmass.. defend.. get airport done.. and send in your huge army in 1 turn :D Or take 1 small island near big enemy... get transports there 1st... and then with airport help load land units... :) lets start Marine attack after that in next turn...
And its the way I spread corps :)
(Micro is what make game easy :D )

Top Bottom