Estimate your participation level

How much do you plan to participate?

• Total voters

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
We're working on starting a new game. It will be helpful to know how excited and involved people are -- or not.

Please vote for the participation level most closely matching your current thoughts on how much "in to it" you are. If you expect a low participation level, or lower than in your previous experience, please share what improvements could be made which would increase your interest level.

Notes: This is a public poll
If you match an activity level but not the comment next to it, please choose the activity level and post how you differ from the comment. :D

Cyc looks around the empty room and then back at the poll...

"Abstain??!! What the heck is Abstain doing on this list of options? Seems to me Dave had every other angle covered...Hmmm." Cyc glances around the room again to make sure no one is watching. His arm starts to tremble from the strain of resisting the temptation of clicking on the Abstain option. "No! Don't do it, man. Choose to disengage," Cyc tells himself. He sighs with relief and calmly clicks on Disengaged.

Im planning to hold my vote for the moment. Right now im in between Very Active and
Somewhat Active. The reason I am in that possition is due to some reasons in the demogame. First, of I am noticing that it has became more of a game of beurocracy with everyone being afraid that would get them a CC on there forehead (For example: when something unexpected happened in the TC when a enemy unit has moved to a different location than planned). Finaly, With the "No change of instructions during the TC" it had made the deputies more like figureheads. I remembered a time (DG 1-3) the Deputies can change the instructions when something unexpected happens when a leader is not present in the TC (This would also lead to the first part of my complaint).

On the partisipation level of DG5, I would see myself on the level of Intermittent. Some of it is due to personal reason when I lost 3 elections in this demogame and been plastered with a CC that soiled my DG reputation. I would go back up to "Totally! You can plan on me being a leader and being in discussions" when the game becomes less of a game of beurocracy.

I am pretty good. I did the first option. I couldn't be president but an advisor like I was this DG...T and T Minister. Everyday after school I come on. So I am very Active...

I think that I will be somewhat active. I know for sure that I will be deeply involved in the Military department for the beginning to guide our armed forces to dominance, but otherwise I see little purpouse to be in a position unless it was of critical importance (i.e. empty Minister position). I will be in discussions of course, but I limit my contribution for some extra pleasure in my real life.

All right who's the only one who voted Totally? Please step forward. We should make you president! :D

donsig - It was truckingpete. ;)

Chieftess said:
donsig - It was truckingpete. ;)
I dont think Donsig has ever clicked on "View Post Results" ;)

Sarevok: let's keep a renewed "Strider-debate" out of the Demogame-forum. If he registers for DG 5 he will become a citizen with every right and every duty, just like everyone else. But apparently his voting in this poll means he has no intention to do so.
I consider it polite of him to let us know we "don't need to wait for him".

Had to vote intermittent, not because I don't want to take part, but real life has kicked in with a bang, limiting my time. At the moment it looks like things will continue that way until the Autumn, but we'll see, if I have the time I'll participate more, if I don't I won't.

Hmm, a normal distribution. Very interesting, I had expected a little higher numbers on the top end. Only 5 people are expecting to be "very active" which is far fewer people than positions. I guess this means the need will be dire... :(

Still just me and truckinpete at the very top. Though my inexperiance sort of detracts from that. I bet I could be a pretty good culture minister, though.

*begins campaigning*

Top Bottom