Estonian Security Police officer forcefully abducted and taken to Russia

Algeroth

8 and 1/2
Officer was abducted on gunpoint and taken to Russia by unidentified persons, Estonian officials have announced.

The State Prosecutor’s Office has just announced that the incident took place at 9 AM local time.

“Unidentified persons coming from Russia took the freedom of an Estonian Security Police officer on the territory of Estonia, near Luhamaa border crossing station. The officer was taken to Russia using physical force and at gunpoint,” said the statement.

http://www.delfi.ee/news/en/obama/estonian-security-police-officer-forcefully-abducted-and-taken-to-russia?id=69681245

I think he just volunteered to take a holiday in Russa.

Wow, I didn't expect a thread about it here!
Anyway, they do not think the kidnapping was politically motivated atm.

Wow, I didn't expect a thread about it here!
Anyway, they do not think the kidnapping was politically motivated atm.

That's why I didn't post this in the Ukraine thread. Do you have some better Estonian articles?

Cop catches smugglers, smugglers catch cop, film at eleven.

Official FSB explanation is that he was detained and now suspected in spying. A handgun and voice recorder were confiscated. What's the noise about? I guess it will be declared here as Russia's fault regardless if it was foreign officer detained in Russia or Russian officer detained abroad.

Is true, FSB, who poisons dissenters with radiation, is a good, trustworthy source.

A few things:
allegedly both Estonian and Russian border guards who were alerted of the incident, met and established/ agreed, based on evidence on the ground, that a breach of border regime had taken place from Russia to Estonia and back again and signed a joint protocol attesting to that. This before FSB claimed responsibility and claimed they detained Estonian spy in Russia.

While Estonia has both military and civil intelligence service, in all probability focused on Russia, Security Police (KaPo) isn't supposed to be involved with that. They do deal with counterintelligence among other duties- and are indeed behind capturing a number of Russian spies in Estonia, such as Herman Simm or Aleksander Dressen.

KaPo claims Kohver was investigating corruption/smuggling among border and customs officials, which is why they originally thought the kidnapping was work of criminals.

Estonian-Russian border is clearly demarcated.

Cop catches smugglers, smugglers catch cop, smugglers turn cop loose on wrong side of the border creating much embarrassment for all, film at eleven.

allegedly both Estonian and Russian border guards who were alerted of the incident, met and established/ agreed, based on evidence on the ground, that a breach of border regime had taken place from Russia to Estonia and back again and signed a joint protocol attesting to that.

Wow, that's...surprisingly mature and level-headed.

Official FSB explanation is that he was detained and now suspected in spying. A handgun and voice recorder were confiscated. What's the noise about? I guess it will be declared here as Russia's fault regardless if it was foreign officer detained in Russia or Russian officer detained abroad.

In Russia, they cross the border into another country to make arrest of someone who is inside Russia.
Next Ukraine invades Russia, then Russians retreat to Kiev.

Estonian Security Police says that Russia admitted to the border crossing from their side before claiming to have arrested the Estonian on their territory.

"Amongst other things, border guards of both countries (Estonia and Russia) put together a joint protocol on the border violation, which states that it came from the territory of the Russian Federation to Estonia and back, not the other way around. The written document states that a citizen of Estonia went missing during the border violation," said the spokesman for Estonian Security Police.

In Russia, they cross the border into another country to make arrest of someone who is inside Russia.
Next Ukraine invades Russia, then Russians retreat to Kiev.
If I understood the situation correctly, he was detained in Russian territory, breach happened before that.

Well, there were cases of purposeful irradiation of humans, but as far as I know all proven ones were committed by U.S. governmental agencies in experimental purposes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_radiation_experiments
RE, find a USA thread and bash all you want. I don't care.
The primary difference is, I don't support fascism and murder just because of my country did it, and you do.

If I understood the situation correctly, he was detained in Russian territory, breach happened before that.
Despite the signed paper by Russia where they admit they were wrong, you are still claiming that Russia did no wrong.

Interesting. I wonder, whether you can understand English well.
Because I just re-read all my messages in this thread (there were three of them) and still puzzled, which one of them made you think that I'm claiming Russia did no wrong, and also that I support fascism and murder.

You could just write "I hate you, you are despicable person" with the similar effect.

Top Bottom