1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eternal Dark Age v1.0.0.220 (334528)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Trace_of_Christ, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Trace_of_Christ

Trace_of_Christ Chieftain

So just got to the information age on my first game and I went from a golden age to a dark age when I entered the information age due to my lack of era points. During the information age I have accumulated enough era points to enter a golden age, but the problem is that no new age comes after the information age and now I'm stuck in an eternal dark age. Please fix. Thanks

2. Surfinite

Surfinite Chieftain

I'm not there yet, but I did just have this same thought. I don't want to be stuck in a dark age once we're in the information. The final age should end after 80 or so turns and then everyone is in a Normal age. Or it needs to keep progressing even thought the name of the era isn't going to change.
    I'm thinking about trying to get a dark age in the Atomic and shoot for a heroic age in the Information, I'd much prefer that this wasn't something I needed to consider though.

I bet the devs don't regard this as a bug, but it definitely is.

3. Trace_of_Christ

Trace_of_Christ Chieftain

So I started a new game with the same strategy you mentioned. I was aiming for a normal age in the atomic era but ending up getting a golden age the last two turns. Problem seems to be related at the least to the fact that golden ages you can't get a dedication with era point bonuses. In my current game I have to get 40 era points without any era bonuses from dedications before information age hits!! That's absurd, Im 13 points away from avoiding a dark age with 7 turns to make it. Trying to capture two cities before then and see if that helps. Seems like we are getting unintentionally punished for having golden ages, especially prior to the last age. This is pretty stupid Firaxis..

4. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

If you get a dark age in the atomic era, and a golden age for the info era, you get a permanent Heroic age.

5. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Chieftain

So if like me you got unlucky & entered your one & only dark age in the Information Era, then you will be stuck in that Dark Age until the game ends. That is seriously poor.

Moderator Action: Merged with existing Bug Report thread -- Browd

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2018
  6. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Chieftain

It is definitely what happens though - just happened to me. Golden Age in Atomic Era, Dark Age for the rest of the game too as whatever age you are in when the Information Age hits is what you are stuck with for the rest of the game.
    I definitely like the concept here but it needs to be properly thought through as how it stands now is seriously flawed. Before I read this, I was hoping I had just been unlucky with Era Score (the only one I could choose that gave any Era Score at all was by building airport districts & related buildings) yet before I finished the Mars Mission, I had amassed plenty points to go for my first Heroic Age, but of course there were no more ages left. This has to get changed - maybe put a hard turn limit on "future ages" as they do with Future Research & Future Civics.
    I get the definite feeling the end game has just not been extensively tested. There are too many badly thought out gotchas, such as the never-ending governor promotions every 3 turns.