Eternal Egypt - GLC Mod v1.0 (numerous pictures)

Fundamentality said:
Just one question LBPB,what are the effects does the wonders you built have?

I'm not in front of my home computer, so I've to remember..

The wonders I've build so far :
Temple of Karnak : Double effect of all temple
Great Lighthouse : Increase ship movement rate
Triumphal Arch : Increase chance of leaders apparition
Palace : Center of the Empire
Great Sphinx : Grant 2 advances
Pantheon : Put a happy citizen in every city
Great Pyramid : Put 4 happy citizens in the city where its built
Colossus : Increase commerce in each tiles of the city

under construction
Marius Reform : Generate a centurion unit every 12 turns.

Others Wonders have been built by others Civs. :cry:

back into the war

Warning them about leaving the coalition, Ramses, forced the persian to go back in the war.
Pushing the Minoeans into war for world map, and the Hebrews for some wheat...
Our coalition look better now !

Note that the Assyrians are not part of the coalition, but Hittites have attacked them in hope to take their remnants cities...

Map of the Egyptian Hight Command.

Seeing all their sides attacked, Hittites made a secret peace with the Persians and launch them against our beloved Egypt !
Not willing a two-sides front, Ramses called for his pupet ally, the vassal Kingdom of Babylon to take on the Persians.

Egypt respond to this Hittite provocation by throwing the Roman at them !

On the Egyptian front, our casualties are becoming unsupportable. The price paid by our soldiers for every single village is way too hight...

This is a good story. I like how there are a lot if different civs, i have always wanted to do that.

Great story! :thumbsup:
I look forward to the rest. :)

It took the Babylonians, less than 30 years to wipe totally out the Persians...

And they’re still furious with us... Why ???

Thebes Royal Castle

The throne room was is turmoil...
Ramses was debating with his councelors about Egypt's foreign politic.
The ranks of cowards noblemens are continuing to grow since our eastern provinces are now stretched between two giga-sized kingdoms and we are hardly blocking all Hittites advance. Thus we had no clues about the real Babylonian military power (but sawed the Persian destruction), if the Babylonians declared war on us we will not be able to fight them at all !
We simply can't stand two opponent at the momment...
This kind of situation is dramatic for Egypt's futur, but letting alone our allieds in a total war against the Hittites, is agreeing to their possible genocid...
Ramses had to decide and act promptly...

So, overweakened by about 8 century of war, and not willing a two sided front mesopotamia, Ramses finally accepted to open the peace negociations with the Hittites (who are still in Golden Age).

Thanks to our great diplomats, Egypt even gained a city and 23 golds per turn !
Anyways, Ramses was sad. He known that by signing this treaty he saved Egypt, but in the mean time he gave up his allies… and leave them to certain death.

A point at the world map at the End of the War.

Provinces of Egyptian Kingdom in 596BC.

Conclusions of this terrible war :
- Once more the Egyptian heartland has been preserved against any foreigners threats.
- We have not been able to keep all the territories we had previously held at our maximal extension and our great kingdom remain splited in two by the eastern desert.
- Seafaring nations such Minoeans and Athenians who support very large warships fleets have not been able to lock the finests Hittites admirals in the Black Sea. Egypt can no more rely on his historical allies to protect her navals trading. We must build our own powerful navy.
- Judea and Ninivea province have proven to be fully loyal, and Judea even very productive.
- The Hittites have probably been saved by reaching their golden age at the moment our coalition attacked. Our Egyptian royal chariot is no match for their heavy chariot, and since they’re in golden age, they’re able to pump them out at a crazy rate...
- Babylon can no more be considerated one of our vassal kingdoms. They have grown and are now fairly large, and they’ve reached our level of technology and are very hostiles against us !
- We must now rely on Egypt scientists and military tacticians to find news way to outdate the Hittites Heavy Chariot, or else we gonna risk a complete fall if they redeclare war on us...

Go Egypt Go! A very good read so far :goodjob:

Chapter 13 - Internal Troubles

Spring 564BC
Seeing that there’s no hope for their old friends, as Hittites captured practicaly all Phoenicians and Hebrews cities, Ramses act desperetly, he declare Petra and Jabesh-Gilead protectorates of Egypt. This will prevent the Hittites from reclaiming them to their own...

Map showing the Hittite ogre-sized Kingdom.

It appear that we have created a monster...

556BC
A republicans coup-d’etat attempt !

Republican partizans are trying to take off every administrations in Egypt's core cities.

Ramses is forced to flee in his summer capital, Ninive.

Let's have a closer look on Ninive.
The city did regain some of her ancient prestige because Ramses had started building great improvments and wonders in the city wich are a melting-pot of various foreign and egypt cultures.

Nevertheless, it was the begining of the first Egyptian civil war...

In my game the Hittites are way powerful too. Maybe you should add a faction in the Caucasus to halt their expansion north. Anyways, I wonder who will win this little civil war of yours :mischief:

Warman17 said:
In my game the Hittites are way powerful too. Maybe you should add a faction in the Caucasus to halt their expansion north. Anyways, I wonder who will win this little civil war of yours :mischief:

I've planned to include Armenia in the game

For my war, it will become obviously difficult to crush them but I'll try

Chapter 14 - Cyrenaica crisis

Note : Egypt civil war, is running for several years now...

Seeing Egypt in internal crisis, Phoenicia hope to claim the whole Cyrenaica region for themselves, they declare war on Egypt colonies…
...unfortunately for them, that was the key event that help reforge the sacred union behind the new Egypt god ruler named Ramses II, the son of Ramses, who did finally retire definitively in his summer palace of Ninive.
Ramses II restored the monarchy and executed all the republican leaders.

With the full support of the Egyptians generals, Ramses II quickly prepared war plan.
In order to cut off the Phoenicians supply line who crossed the east mediteranean sea from the city of Byblos in south Asia to the city of Berytus in Cyranaica, Egypt can now count on his great war fleet..
In one decade, Egypt has build the more formidable modern navy in the whole history.

When this supply line will be cut, Ramses II will siege the Phoenician colonies.

Ramses II has revealed himself to be a great stratege, his plan worked just perfectly, Berytus and her resources fall in the hands of Egypt.

That's a good addition for the Egypt's Kingdom !

A point on Egypt research.

Chapter 15 - Imperialist Direction

476BC
In hope to settle a dispute with the Athenians, Ramses II ordered that Egypt navy occupy the cyclades islands in the Aegean sea.
This will cut down the Athenian trade with the rest of the non greek nations.

474BC
Major naval battle.
Willing to break the Egyptian ascendancy over the Aegean sea, the Delian league mustered all their war ships.
On the 8e moon of 474BC, the two fleet join battle in the gulf of Hateros. Thus they had many casualties, our superior ships won this decisive battle. The Athenians are forced to sign peace.

For the first time in his recorded history, Egypt has saw his aggressive economical expension take the lead before any calm foreign diplomacy...

...Egypt attack on foreign country is just one step ahead...

Interesting story!!

I think you may have mispelled the odd city name here or there (Nineveh ;p) but this mod looks so fricken cool that my hyper-anal-internal-editor has been beaten to death by the rest of my brain ;p

Cannot WAIT to try it out!! Curse you slow dl times! Agghagghagghaggha gurglegurgle plop ;p

Top Bottom