[NFP] Ethiopia First Look

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

So this civilization requires you to have GS to play them? Not that it matters to me but I thought that wasn't going to be the case.

Can't watch ATM, could some kind soul please make a note of the key takeaways? :)

• upload_2020-7-16_11-5-52.png

The leader ability is similar to the Voidsingers secret society "Ritual" - high faith helps with other output.

Seems OP to me.

Massive Faith gains on your UI which translates at a 15% rate to culture and science? All improved resources provide faith? International routes provide bonus faith +0.5 per origin city resource (doesn't even need to be improved)?

There are religious science strategies out there that would excel with this.

So with the voidsingers they’ll be getting 35% of faith yield as science and culture, on top of norms science and culture.

and the rock hewn church plus trade routes are gonna make that even more insane.

Good, but still not as op as Simon.

Council of Ministers +15% of your faith generation in science and culture for cities founded on hills is a big bonus if you get the right spots for holy sites or their UI.

Well Ethiopia just jumped to the top of my 'must play' list

The leader ability is similar to the Voidsingers secret society "Ritual" - high faith helps with other output.
Thank you!

They look pretty strong and probably complement my playstyle better than either of the first 2 Civs.

Mmm. I don't know. They seem a bit underwhelming to me. But, reading what other people have read here about the synergy with the secret societies, it could be useful.

It would be interesting to see how they play out.

I didn’t expect this to be released until next week. The bonuses are far mire interesting than I expected, and it reminds me slightly of Arabia. I like that there is a science bonus, which will help keep the civ up to date. This is what Georgia should have been

A very faith-focused civ, very typical. But AI will play him wrong. Especially the city-built-on-hills ability.
But I don't see a reason why should he be played with GS only. Oromo Cavalry can be additional unit between horsemen and cavalry while Rock-Hewn Churches only need hills and hill/mountain adjacency.
I kinda like the Aksumite Legacy most. Multiple copies of sheep increase every sheeps faith output?
Don't like the cowboy look, though!

So this civilization requires you to have GS to play them? Not that it matters to me but I thought that wasn't going to be the case.
Volcanic soil part for the rock-hewn church can be neglected for the vanilla game, its impact is not that huge. But the Oromo cavalry cannot be a replacement for the courser (G&S) in the vanilla game. But even that can be bypassed by making it not a replacement for any unit in the base game, just an aditional one.

very small detail, but I'd think that rock hewn churches would be able to be built on stone or marble tiles as well as the ones mentioned.

I like this civ.

I have updated the Features Thread with all the new information on Ethiopia

Top Bottom