1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Livestream 7/22 @ 2PM EDT

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by SupremacyKing2, Jul 21, 2020.

1. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

I could have lived a more peaceful life without this knowledge.

2. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Where do the vampire castle yields go?

Also, the game is already too fast and easy, but this will make it incredibly quick. They really need to slow it down.

Weraptor likes this.
  3. lotrmith

lotrmith King

DO NOT GOOGLE.

REPEAT.

DO NOT GOOGLE.

4. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

To the capital if outside your territory. It was a little ambiguous whether ones in your territory go to the capital or to the city that it's in the radius of.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Sostratus and Pietato like this.
  5. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

I'm a bit confused about that - so is there a finite number of normal relics as well? :confused: Unless this number is really high, it doesn't match my in game experience (whenever one of my Apostles with the Matyr promotion dies I get one) - also I'm pretty sure that I have seen duplicates of "normal" relics.

6. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Vampire trade off should be: each Vampire unit consumes x Food per turn. Every time an enemy is killed by a Vampire, food is not consumed in the city.
    Something like that.

And the Vampire Mansion / Castle should not provide any food yield at all. Make those Vampires hunger for food (or blood!)

7. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

On the contrary actually. So many synergies to try from a min/max point of view and a lot of added flavor for role playing. I don't think I will go back to the stale vanilla version unless Firaxis adds a lot of new content and significant balance changes (which I expected from this pass and I hope they are still working on it).

8. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

When are we going to get patch notes?

9. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

Cheers.

10. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Usually together with the release (which is -if I have understand correctly- 18:00 CET)

Myomoto likes this.
  11. Haig

Haig Deity

"If everything goes smoothly, the next two planned Modes we have for you are historically-themed ones that are designed to be more organic additions to normal historical play, that can be left on all the time. Subtle but still exciting changes to the existing balance."

I wonder if some of the stuff speculated here could fit this description. Like ideologies, mercenaries, world wars, trade companies etc. ?

Kmart_Elvis and acluewithout like this.
  12. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Thanx, I guess I'll have to be (more) patient then. I can question the decision of having those two "pumped" game mods come back-to-back as the first ones, but ok, maybe it was necessary for features that draw on each other.

13. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

There are only 24 unique Relics in the game. This is a hard-coded limit in the Great Works UI lua files as well. I don't see how it's possible you could have received duplicates as each one has a unique greatWorkID. Once they are all taken no more are granted. Perhaps you're thinking of artifacts? Or maybe you have the Unearthed mod that adds 27 additional Relics?

WillowBrook and Pfeffersack like this.
  14. Nassim

Nassim Chieftain

Well, if everything is OP then nothing is OP (you know, assuming the AI uses it in a relevant way which might be an issue).

tedhebert likes this.
  15. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Ok, didn't know that - thank you for your clarification. My mind must have played tricks on me in regard to the copies. So even with the MSM wonder or as the Khmer I have to hurry to get my share - good to know that for my next religious victory attempt :)

16. borad

borad Warlord

It’s the only way to be sure.

Nerevatar and acluewithout like this.
  17. Equilin

Equilin Prince

They aren't that crazier than possessed dolls imo, at least in the present reality.

Andrew Johnson [FXS] likes this.
  18. Pfeffersack

Pfeffersack Deity

Thinking more about the Cultists und Relics, I think it would be more interesting to restrict relic generation to the case of death by an enemy unit. That way there would be a more interesting decision to make when being confronted with cultists: Do I let them do their malicious things to my cities loyalty, hoping to withstand and let the opponents wast his faith with those actions? Or does safety for my cities goes first, I kill them...and create a relic for my foe?

The current implementation is very one-dimensional on both sides: If I'm part of the Voidsingers team, built and use them ASAP (provided I have open spaces for relics) to convert faith into relics; with the city conversion being more the icing on the cake. And as opponent of Voidsingers member, the best you can do is kill them at first sight (they get their relics anayway; you just can avoid the loyalty hit)

19. EmJayLambert

EmJayLambert Chieftain

Is it clear if cultists can spread into civs which are also members of Voidsingers?

tedhebert and acluewithout like this.
  20. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

In the pack first look video (this one), you can see (4:55) Ethiopia cultists are being used in a Kongo city with a Voidsinger mounment... so I guess yes.

tedhebert and EmJayLambert like this.