Ethiopia: The Land of Wonder

CaterpillarKing

Conqueror of Cacoons
I am starting a new story using Rhye's and Fall of Civilization: Dawn of Civilization.
-3000 BC
-Viceroy Difficulty
-Epic Speed
-Ethiopia

If I change to a democracy then I will use democratic methods but for now you are all advisers as this is a monarchy. :D

Advisor/Minister (Monarchy)
So here are the postions:
Minister of Culture: TheNoob
Minister of Expansion: DKVM
Minister of Technology: Moai_Spammer
Minister of Domestic Affairs: Matthias I
Minister of Foreign Affairs: adhiraj.bose

Once all positions are filled and anyone wants to debate over a position they must debate over that and I will deem who is winner. I also reserve the right to kick people out as I am king :D

Expect an update soon guys!

subbed, Good Luck.

Good luck with your subSaharan civ.

The Abyssinian peoples were wandering around sub-equatorial Africa when they saw a plot of sand they liked and decided to sit down. Eventually these people began building villages and huts. This village grew extremely quickly and soot became known as Jabuuti, the one geographical location that would make kids snicker in history class for ages to come. This would be the heart of what would become the greatest empire in the world.
Spoiler :

To the south, another group of nomadic Abyssinians settled down and founded the city of Hobya. This would not be the most productive city in the world but it would prove vital for the creation of horse-related troops.
Spoiler :

Not long after meeting the powerful Greek and Phoenician empires, The Kingdom of Aksum met the Roman Empire. The Ethiopians had only heard stories of the Egyptian people. They were a mere glimmer from the past because by this time the land was owned by the Greek League. But not for long.
Spoiler :

Ethiopia was seeking increasingly advanced technologies. They had perfected the art of meditation yet they were unsure of how to farm. Roman envoys came to Jabuuti seeking the knowledge of Meditation and in return offered to teach our people how to farm. This alliance with Rome would prove useful. For now.
Spoiler :

Ethiopian troops had been wandering the Saharan lands to explore for hidden treasures. Then they came upon a very peculiar site. It was the ruins of an old city. Skeletal remains scattered the country side. Some with spears and leather but most wearing Carthaginian style clothes. It was obvious something grand and terrible had happened here. There were a few people hiding out in the ruins of the city and when the Ethiopian swordsman asked them they whispered in fearful quietness "impis, fear the impis".
Spoiler :

Soon, a great war was waged between the three empires. All seeking each others destruction. Ethiopia watched on the sidelines and watched in horror as the lands once known as Egypt changed hands several times. It was Greek for a long time, then the Phoenicians struck with war elephants and took Egypt. Then the Persians flew through, massacring thousands of inhabitants. Then, finally, Rome had the final say and took Egypt. They would hold onto it for the duration of the war.
Spoiler :

Ethiopian sailors had attempted to circle around Africa, but unfortunately the cape at the tip of Africa was terribly stormy and impossible to pass with current technology. So with heavy hearts, the trireme turns back to explore to the East.
Spoiler :

As Ethiopian scouts turned South, they discovered a tribal village. When they entered it they noticed that it was sparsely inhabited. The only inhabitants were clearly the last left of a terrible event. The scouts offered to bring them back to civilization, and they agreed to come back as workers for the Kingdom.
Spoiler :

In a surprise turn of generosity, the Romans decide to randomly teach the Ethiopians the alphabet. This brings the two powers closer together and shows the goodness in the Romans' hearts. Trade and culture within the kingdom flourished as now inhabitants did not have to rely on pictographs to depict ideas, now complex ideas were spoken using words and sentences. This was a great gift.
Spoiler :

As the trireme was heading East, the Phoenicians collapsed under the dual power of the Persians and Romans. The Ethiopian prediction was right, the powers would destroy each other. Now only two remained North of Ethiopia. The trireme division decided to head back to the homeland. This proved to be smart because a barbarian ship was awaiting there, about to destroy the fishing vessel that feeds Jabuuti.
Spoiler :

The scouts traveled further South in Africa. They were surrounded by wilderness, marshes and jungles waiting to kill them. There was a journal entry that was later found.
I don't think we're going to make it. It's just me and Bekele here. We hear noises every step we take. First it's just a panther but then we was a lion roaring. We are trying to be careful, sleeping in defended positions every night. We dealt with Panthers before we found the poor villagers. We were nearly killed but we made it. There are many more now though. I think I heard something. I have to go and check what that was because it's my shift to stake watch. I don't want to die, but if it's what is supposed to happen then it's what happens. To whoever reads this, wish me luck.
Spoiler :

Across the sea a city had been founded by other nomads. The city of Sana'a would soon be annexed into the Kingdom of Aksum. After taking a small census it was revealed that every single inhabitant was actually Ethiopian by the nature. The only ones who aren't is the chieftain, who clearly does not want to become part of Ethiopia.
Spoiler :

Ethiopia was growing. It started as a minor group of people thrown around, but now it was a true, developed nation. It might not be as powerful as Rome but in due time it would come to challenge the most powerful of empires. Ethiopia would take the world by storm.
Spoiler :

Excellent! Subbed!

Dammit that is a much better name :lol:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

It will be great! :D

subbed

Greece and Phoenicia had both collapsed under the might of Rome and Persia. They divided the known world into their two halves. Each trying to dominate the other. Finally, a winner emerged. Rome had fallen into anarchy and different parts were severed off of the grand empire. This was a shame because Ethiopian-Roman relations were beginning to grow dramatically. The brighter side though was that Egypt was now ripe for the taking. It was just a heavily defended but now Ethiopia would not have to start a war against an extremely powerful empire.
Spoiler :

The city of Sana'a was now in Ethiopia's expeditionary force's sights. Unfortunately, if the military marched in the city it was so small that any amount of panic would have caused it to simply dissolve. The axemen sat and waited for the right moment.
Spoiler :

Finally, the settlers that had been sent out of Jabuuti had settled in the correct location. They created the city of Mombasa to take in the massive economic surge that would come from the gems. As soon as the city was built, jewelry flooded into the markets of the Kingdom of Aksum. The men and women are now walking around with beautiful garnishments all around them.
Spoiler :

The teachings of Jesus had now entered the city of Jabuuti. The kings saw this new religion as the way to head. With current governmental choices this meant buildings were built faster out of religious fervor. Soon this religion would spread across the kingdom.
Spoiler :

Finally the people of Sana'a were fed up with being ruled by a foreign chieftain. His small palace was stormed by angry farmers. The chieftain was soon captured and he was executed in his own house. The rebels soon caused more chaos that would ensue for many years.
Spoiler :

Peace eventually prevailed in this poor city. The Ethiopian rebels eventually were able to gain control and place a provisional government. Then, the city was annexed by Zara Yaqob into the expanding kingdom. Now Ethiopia had a foothold in the Arabian Peninsula. This would prove vital for Ethiopia to become an empire.
Spoiler :

Soon, Berber cavalry had begun to wander into Ethiopian farmland. There had been a massive force accumulating created by Jabuuti. It was a massive horde of horse archers ready to storm Egypt. One horse archer division departed from the others to intercept the Berber cavalry. This was a great decision as this not only was a military success, but now at least one battalion was trained for battle.
Spoiler :

Seeing as there was no need for them to be there anymore, the axemen left the city of Sana'a to head back so they could help with the invasion of barbarian Egypt. While on the way back though they encountered numidian cavalry from the Berbers. The axemen tried to flee, knowing they would lose but they were chased down. The scene was horrible. Men running and screaming for their lives as yelling savages chased them down and impaled them. It was bleak beyond belief.
Spoiler :

Then something extremely surprising happened. The Persian Empire descended into anarchy. Reports of looting, death, and basic hell were emanating from Persia. It was terrible as this was the last empire that existed in the known world. This meant even less unimpeded expansion for Persia. With all these collapsing empires, citizens were sure that Ethiopia would not because this glorious kingdom was doing it right.
Spoiler :

Some workers had been tasked to go into the enemy's land to build a roadway so that it could be built into the soon-to-be captured quicker. After many careful nights they were finally finished with the road and the Ethiopian horde was ready. Like silent death they bolted through the barbarian territory and all that could be seen was a very intimidating plume of dust. The horse archers numbered in the thousands as they galloped towards the city. Slightly slowed by the swordsmen it did take longer than expected but when they arrived there would be a battle to end all battles.
Spoiler :

Up to this point the most battle anyone had seen was either some wild cats or a few minor skirmishes here or there. Now would not be like this at all. They were upon a fortified city with heavily defended troops. The thought was to outnumber them. The first horse archer division to gallop in valiantly was cut down by the ex-Roman legions. It was a bloody mess, fallen horses and soldiers. Fortunately though, the defending troops hd been severely weakened. Now, the army invaded en masse and although there were some deaths and injuries, the Ethiopian cavalry had fought so well, attacking and running then attacking again that they took the city. It was now under Ethiopian occupation and would stay that way. This was the first major victory for Ethiopia and it caused massive nationalistic sentiment throughout the kingdom. This was a wonderful move also because now they had access to gold, copper, and the Great Sphynx.
Spoiler :

The best Ethiopian scientists had been tinkering with new ideas and projects. Finally, they had discovered the calendar. For some odd reason god must have come down and whispered in their ears "it's 570" because the scientists came out, exclaiming what year it was and how beautiful their new invention was. Not many really care but this meant that the incense that had previously just been harvested and snorted in minor quantities would now be fully harvested.
Spoiler :

There were many native inhabitant that did not like this hostile takeover of Egypt. The medjay archers attacked in full force. Fortunately, every single one was defeated by the now battle hardened troops. The local rebellions were swiftly and brutally put down and would not be tolerated. This was a free land, as long as you did what you were told.
Spoiler :

Ethiopia was the new power. It was now the only actual civilization in the region and this meant it could grow as large as it wanted without a lot of fighting back except from indigenous tribes and nomadic peoples, which was minor. With a larger army Ethiopia could do anything, and right now they were feeling bold. They were seeking the turning of Ethiopia from a kingdom to a full-blown Empire. With lands stretching from the Eastern Coast of Central Africa all the way into South-West Arabia and into the Northern Nile, Ethiopia controlled a massive expanse. The only problem that would slow expansion is the complete lack of iron. Without iron Ethiopia would suffer in future years. What would the beast do next?
Spoiler :

Well Ethiopia is certainly in a promising situation.

It really is! Does the Eastern Mediterranean area flip when the Turks or Arabs show?

I don't know as I've never played the DoC version of Rhye's and Fall

the east med, Egypt, Arabian peninsula, and Iraq flip to Arabia

the Turks flip Anatolia, Armenia, Crimea, and Constantinople (if it's not someone's capitol)

Egypt??? You're kidding!!!

Top Bottom