[NFP] Ethiopia Update Discussion Thread

sonicmyst

Emperor
upload_2020-7-13_23-2-45.png

Teddy!

It looks to me like this is the reworked existing Teddy version, given that the ability is called Roosevelt Corollary like it is now, whereas the new version of Catherine shown has an entirely new ability with a new name. So we still have yet to see the conservation-focused version of Teddy that uses the existing model and, presumably, might have the +1 appeal bonus that existing pre-New Frontier Teddy has. In other words, we've seen everything of Catherine's persona but still have more info to come on Teddy.

It looks to me like this is the reworked existing Teddy version, given that the ability is called Roosevelt Corollary like it is now, whereas the new version of Catherine shown has an entirely new ability with a new name. So we still have yet to see the conservation-focused version of Teddy that uses the existing model and, presumably, might have the +1 appeal bonus that existing pre-New Frontier Teddy has. In other words, we've seen everything of Catherine's persona but still have more info to come on Teddy.

Yeah, is it just me or did it sound from their prasing like existing teddy would change somewhat?

Unexpected approach, although consistent with the naming, to move the Rough Rider unit to Rough Rider Teddy. It doesn't seem like the old Teddy gets a replacement UU though -- so is the current iteration of Teddy more powerful than either?

So Secret Societies offer you a unique governor that is not assigned to a specific city and offers civ wide bonuses. They also offer unique buildings.

Menelik II. You can see his hat and Addis Ababa as the capital.

I guess we got Vlad the Impaler in the game. Honestly that's fine with me.
Honestly if the Vampire thing dropped with a Vlad Tepes reveal that would almost make sense.

They just seems so absolutely RANDOM in this pack lol. And not very historic. Unless... there really is a vampire secret society in our world :shifty:

Unexpected approach, although consistent with the naming, to move the Rough Rider unit to Rough Rider Teddy. It doesn't seem like the old Teddy gets a replacement UU though -- so is the current iteration of Teddy more powerful than either?
Seems like president Teddy will focus more on National Parks and culture and will get a rework.

I thought I’d hate the ‘fantasy’ aspect of secret societies but you know, i don’t hate it...The playable vampire seems pretty cool.

They did say it would be fantasy, this shouldn’t be surprising to anyone in terms of what the secret societies are...

But does anyone find that Hermetic Society resource a little bit lazy?

it looks like in general they’re trying to buff up culture a lot and the diplo center looks cool

Top Bottom