1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Ethiopia Update Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by sonicmyst, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Talking about aesthetics is easy and very subjective. You may like something or not and there is nothing to discuss. We can have only statements. This is the case of all this vampire topic and somehow style of play (minimaxing vs. fun) This is why I don't understand why people argue on that and try to convince one another that their statement is better. The discussion here only makes people unnecessary emotional :)
    On the other hand, talking about mechanics is not easy because it requires some level of knowledge but has some objective foundation. So there is a field for discussion there.
    But somehow people are more willing to talk and argue on subjective feelings :D It would be really good for this forum if we let people talk about their subjective feelings and not discuss with them, but more discuss the topics where we can find any objective facts. Mechanics, gameplay, etc.
    And now look at real life and how politics works and why it's all about emotions. Sorry for digression but I am after a few months of presidential elections campaign in Poland and it reminded me so :lol:

PS. and there are not "complaints" there are statements. Do not characterize it emotionally. People are just saying they subjectively don't like something.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    Meluhhan likes this.
  2. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

:lol:

Ah, memories.

Nerevatar likes this.
  3. King William I

King William I Prince

We seem to be on the same page. My point was if something as subjective as graphics is the main issue, then objectively speaking it seems to be well designed. Naturally well have to play it to be sure, but we did get a good look at the bonuses offered by the societies and there's yet to be any discussion on brokenness or weakness. I'm my book, that's says good things overall

Also, considering we have three threads that debate fantasy vs reality in less than 72 hours, we've passed statements and moved on to complaints. Not that there's anything wrong with complaining. Afterall the point of this site is to express opinions.

Side note, can someone please go to a sims fansite and show them the proper way to be disappointed. I'd like to post something positive without being called a dumb expletive fanboy :lol:

Thenewwwguy likes this.
  4. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

The funny thing is we haven't actually seen any of the governor screen of the Sanguine Pact yet, so they might even throw in some "realistic" bonuses in there?

5. PhoenicianGold

PhoenicianGold Emperor

Lol the governor is Vlad. No obscured faces or mystery abilities. Just Vlad.

Kjimmet, Buthera, Thenewwwguy and 3 others like this.
  6. Revanchist

Revanchist Warlord

Sanguine seems to be the combat focus of the orders. With minerva being culture, hermetic being science, and void religion. Some of them don’t align perfectly, but the general gist makes it seem like there is one for each victory type. I love the unique buildings, and it is a shame that there isn’t one more society along the lines of something akin to the knights hospitaller, or perhaps masonry with engineering and wonders. Nevertheless, this will improve the gameplay loop and I will have it on in all of my games unless something goes amiss

7. Alexander's Hetaroi

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they were keeping it a secret.

tedhebert, Kjimmet, Sostratus and 2 others like this.
  8. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

They could do hippetyhop battles.. :dance:

9. wxstall

wxstall Chieftain

You can add me to the list of people that were excitedly watching the dev video thinking "hey, I might actually use this unlike apocalypse mode" until it got to vampires. :undecide:
    Looking forward to a mod that can change the names and attributes to actually-existing societies.

10. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

I'd say that Owls of Minerva are more about trade and diplomacy with city-States, and Voidsingers are more about culture and religion. Voidsingers can create relics, while the "cultural" bonus for OoM is just their gilded vault. Having a more growth/population SS (Knights Hospitaliers) and a production/wonders one would have been cool too. But showing that they released Red Death 2 in a free update, maybe more SS would be added. They seemed to have had a lot of fun.

Kupe Navigator likes this.
  11. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

I just so happened to see Vlad Dracula mentioned in my today's game when I read Matthias Corvinus' civilopedia entry.

bite likes this.
  12. Alexander's Hetaroi

The Hermetic Order seems like you can get crazy amounts of production with the Ley Lines on top of the Great Engineer points with the Alchemical Society at least.
    Though I'm pretty sure that production will most likely be geared toward Space Race projects late game, but I can see it used to build wonders too.

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Scottish Alchemists would be a strong synergy.

14. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

No hidden video on the playlist this time. Do we still think First Look will be today, or is Tuesday more likely with a launch day stream?

Kmart_Elvis likes this.
  15. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I suspect they will have some kind of video or something with more specific information on the Persona Pack. After all, it's supposed to be the enticement to buy the NPF en totale rather than piecemeal.

16. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso King

I'd be curious to know what else they'd say to us about personas. Pretty much everything has been said, right? Wasting a whole video for it would be kind of pointless.

Maybe they tried this brand new method of posting the video when it's supposed to be and not days before :mischief:

17. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

I'd guess video will come some time between Thursday ~Monday considering Ethiopia update will happen next Thursday.

18. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

spin haggis into gold

19. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon King

Is it?
    First look videos queue

20. kryat

kryat King

Here’s my personal justification for teleporting vampires:
    It sounds like it’s a mid-late game ability, around when flight becomes available. Your vampires aren’t teleporting; they just have a fleet of private aircraft.