Ethnic Citystyles

My sincere apologies. Do you want me to do a lousier job at converting stuff in future? ;) :D

Actually, I thought myself that these could be useful as different industrial/modern palaces. Also, the Orthodox cathedral I converted can be used along with an existing Orthodox church (has to be somewhere here on CFC) as a flavor Christian temple replacement for Greece and Russia (and probably also countries that would likely be Orthodox, were they Christian - Egypt and Ottomans, and probably Mongols).

Yo, Geo, how's this proceeding? I'm sitting on pins and needles here!;)

BTW, are you checking the poly count of your new additions? I'm finding that lowering the poly count on the most used stuff is very important when considering large mods.

Thanks

I have or a broken videocard atm, or a really buggy microsoft update, since my monitor shows weird stuff. So almost nothing was done the last week or so, and it will take some days before a friend can help me debug it.

I have or a broken videocard atm, or a really buggy microsoft update, since my monitor shows weird stuff. So almost nothing was done the last week or so, and it will take some days before a friend can help me debug it.

Did you try a driver update? Or a roll-back to a previous driver?

Did you try a driver update? Or a roll-back to a previous driver?

No use to try troubleshoot me through this, Avain. I spent the better part of last weekend on all possibilities I can see, including the two you mentioned. This said, my old laptop is up-to-date with my project version of Cultural Citystyles, so I'll continue there once the house-chores are done. ;)

...This said, my old laptop is up-to-date with my project version of Cultural Citystyles, so I'll continue there once the house-chores are done. ;)

Fair enough, good luck with your videocard!

I'd say a busted vid card Geo. When my system was extremely unstable and corrupted displays - it wound up being an overheated GPU due to the fan burning out, which unfortunately toasted the card.

I'd say a busted vid card Geo. When my system was extremely unstable and corrupted displays - it wound up being an overheated GPU due to the fan burning out, which unfortunately toasted the card.
Something similar happened to me - dust clogged the fan, causing overheating and subsequent weird graphical glitches. Luckily, I realised that pretty fast (after 1-2 days of low usage - as only 3D apps showed the glitches) and was able to clean up the fan - and revived my card before the overheating did any lasting damage.

If you're lucky, Geo, you might just rescue your card, if you look whether the fan is still working.

Cheers, LT.

The fan was still working, but whatever software rollback or startup mode we tried the card wouldn't be recognized by the computer. Anyway, it's back in the shop now and hopefully they'll let me know asap if the card can be recovered or that I get a new one ('t was still within the guarantee limit).

I didn't realize you had planned on updating this!

I see your computer is in the shop and thus out of comission, but out of curiousity, what changes did you plan on making?

Several extra artstyles, farms with artstyles similar to cottages and cities of their civ and a few more minor things.

No point. Geo's releasing an updated version as soon as his computer is fixed. So you would be downloading an out-of-date, less amazing mod than the one soon to come. I can't wait.

Hi Geo, just an FYI. I am using Varietas Delectat and was getting a crash trying to load a save game. I have traced it down to Ethnic Citystyles v1.04 included in that MOD. In CIV4PlotLSystem.xml the native american tile sets are pointing to native_america.nif the correct nif file is native_american.nif. I corrected the error and no longer crash, dunno if this has been brought up but I thought I'd give you a heads up.

How could he forget? And what difference would it make? It's only an aesthetic mod, right?

Top Bottom