1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethnic Diverse Citystyles

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by GeoModder, Jul 1, 2007.

1. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

Perhaps you can tell where is it in the xml. I think it is what Ekmek asked for ...

2. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

You might be right, but that's not what I've read in his question. :p

In any case, it's in the Civ4CityLSystem.xml file. Simply open up this file in my mod, do a search for "PALACE", and look at the entries I made for those alternate palaces for the different era's and artstyles. It's pretty much the same as in Civ4 and Warlords.

Things get trickier if you want to use palaces with different diameters (3x2) then the original palace. Then you need to "free" the size restriction in a custom made Civ4ArtDefines_Building.xml file. Check this file in my mod to see how I did it.

And lastly, if you want to have alternate palaces for new (custom made) artstyles, you need to add those in the GlobalTypes.xml file (do a search for "artstyles" in that file) and link the new artstyle to the civs you want to use this custom graphic in the CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml file.
    O yes, linking a civ to a new artstyle also means you'll need to add this new artstyle to the citybuilding entries in the Civ4CityLSystem.xml file, otherwise you'll have invisible cities. ;)

3. snipperrabbit!!

snipperrabbit!! Deity

Thank you Geo. I think you covered it all [better than I can do]. :)

4. Ekmek

Ekmek on steam: ekmek_e

yeah I was looking for xml entry. Damn that its in the LSystem, that means its not modular :mad:

5. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

You will have to create a mod anyway, so it's just another extra file.

6. Thomas SG

Thomas SG CCV-designer

I'm confused.:crazyeye:

In post #1 your talking about Indian_Artstyle, Native_America Artstyle and South_East_Asian Artstyle but when I look at the files there is nothing like that. :confused:

Can you create an uptodate BTS version please? Or if it exists give me link?

Thanks. Fantastic work!

€: BTS version found.

7. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

For all other questions, folks should look here first:

Ethnic Citystyles

8. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

@Wolfshanze

;)

9. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Yeah... I saw that he found it, but I put the link up for EVERYONE who might want to know where to look (to prevent this from happening again).

You might also want to edit the 1st post of this thread pointing to the new file.

10. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Erm... no, since the mod from THIS thread is meant for the [c4w] version, while the 'new' version is for :bts:.
    I used the smilies on the thread title for a reason.

11. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Erm... okay GeoModder... I seriously doubt Thomas SG is a retard because he wasn't sure which version this thread was for, and the thread title says "Ethnic Diverse CityStyles", not "Ethnic Diverse Citystyles for C4W only"... the addition of one tiny emoticon that half the people on this forum probably don't even know what it means, doesn't instantly make it crystal clear what this set is designed for.

All I was saying is that it doesn't hurt to say in the 1st post something to the effect of "this is for C4W only and if you want this for BtS, click or go here".

You're presuming a lot for one little emoticon to instantly clarify everything when the thread title itself doesn't even say that.

Just trying to help clarify the difference between your two citysets that only have the word "Diverse" (not C4W) as a difference between the thread titles. You have excellent work here GeoModder... just trying to help folks find which one is for them.

12. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Point taken.

Now tell me, is the OP clear enough? Should I put "Warlords only" in every single post I made in this thread? :p ;)

13. Wolfshanze

Wolfshanze CFC Historian

Probably... I always try and make my posts so the "noobs" can understand them when doing art/mod work. ;)

P.S. I'd still put a "for BtS click or go here" type of thing in the first thread... you're only promoting your own work after all!