1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethnic Diverse Citystyles

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Graphics Modpacks' started by GeoModder, Jul 1, 2007.

1. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

It must be yours then. I overwrote any files underneath it.

2. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Well, its not too late to re-upload again. ;)
    In other news, 't seems like there's a new cityset to include: Cham's Southeast-asian cityset. Expect an update somewhere next week. :D

3. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Yes, I saw that. I'll be awaiting the next patch.

4. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

yay, SE Asian cityset, doesn't look that Vietnamese but i don't relaly care! excellent work...

5. ripple01

ripple01 Emperor

Not a problem.

I clicked the link in your signature and as far as I see, it's the full version and not the patch. Do you have just the patch somewhere to download?

Thanks,
    ripple01

6. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Again, you're right. Must have mislinked it in my upload space.
    At least that's the full version without SDK.

Well, since there's a new cityset outthere and I'm planning for the coming week to include it it's not much use to upload a separate patch again. Not to mention trying to remember which files I patched.

If you download it now, it's the guaranteed version without any gameplay alteration on the AI or something.

7. zappara

zappara Mod Designer

Great job with this mod! It really gives nice unique look to different civilizations. I combined it to my own mod too. :)

8. Ploeperpengel

Ploeperpengel academic precarity

Nice addition to the community. You might want to consider the Kislev cityart by Chamaedrys made for the Warhammermod for Russia maybe;)

9. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Thanks, and feel free to incorporate it.

Thanks too. And I already considered this cityset, but found it too incompatible with the rest of the graphics. ;)
    The early Rus where in essence a viking tribe, and later on in their histor they followed up on the more traditional European style.

10. Phallus

Phallus Freudian Slip

Great job compiling this, GeoModder. All we need now is a set for India. :D

I know this isn't BTS-ready yet, but do you think I could add this to the RFC mod without problems? RFC has one or two custom wonders and national embassies, so I'm hoping citysets are located separately.

11. doronron

doronron King

Looking forward to the BTS version of this!

12. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Compiling a believable set of buildings for India (in XML then) was quite hard, but its almost done for the CityLsystem file. It will be a blend of the ancient egyptian, the recent south-east asian -and the middle-east citysets from the Classical to the Industrial era.
    After that the most annoying part comes, putting them in the Improvements file so the cottages show the graphics too.

I'm afraid citysets are defined in the same file as city facilities. You'll or have to put the custom buildings in my CityLsystem file, or overwrite all the cityset xml in your RFC CityLsystem with the xml I made.
    Haven't checked yet if in BtS the xml is defined in other ways then in Vanilla Civ or Warlords.

13. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Geo, In BtS, you 'assign' an LSystem in the Building file. I'm not quite sure how it affects Cities, but I think it's still in the LSystem file.

14. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Lemme first finish a good ol' fashioned game in BtS before I turn modder again. ;)

15. Aeven

Aeven EU Citizen

I've noticed that in the new BtS vanilla game, many earlier units are already ethnically different.

16. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

They do indeed, but they cut a lot of corners. I'm not sure if there are more artstyles in BtS...

17. Aeven

Aeven EU Citizen

What surprised me when I was looking at the Civilization define file, is that Middle East and South American are included as the style. The same can be said when observing the CityLSystem file. I believe they were going to implement more styles, but slacked.

18. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Probably. But Geo and I are going to fix that ;)

19. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

With a small bit of delay I'm afraid. Yesterday I was too tired to work on the Indian cottages. :blush:
    Today it's a good day to mod. :D

20. NikNaks

NikNaks Deity

Nice! I might have the units done soon. Got a load of work to do on the Unit Art files, though.