Ethnic Diverse Citystyles

Download is...Not up? I can't get it to download:
"The requested URL /uploads/72407/Ethnic_Diverse_Citystyles.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Sorry if this is just my lame 56k connection...>.<

Oops, you're right. Must have deleted the upload from my space while I needed room.

Just did a check on my computer, and I don't have it anymore. The BtS version is still available though.

If you only want the Warlords version, I recommend contacting somebody who downloaded it.

Geomodder,

I'm resurrecting the thread not just because your working on it but I'm wondering how "modular" the Lsystem is. If I make a city set and use you file will it load modularly or wil it throw up errors. And before I get ahead of myself, how do I add a citystyle the Lsystem file looks weird because it mentions every citystyle everywhere.

There's a very short answer to your first question: both LSystem files can't be used in the module format. That's final, and backed up by authorities like Dale since the day BtS came out.

The reason all these citystyles seem to be everywhere is that the city buildings themself have different 'sizes'. They need to be allocated to 'leafs' with an appropriate size in the cityplot ingame, else you'll have buildings mingling or even overtaking facilities.
If you're talking about my Civ4CityLSystem file, I mingled all those citystyles where possible to save on entries. If I created a new set of entries for each of the 13 artstyles I work with, the file would be quite large.

Could you maybe update this to include the Russian cityset from Road to War? You can probably find the right files to take coding from in that mod's directory, but I can't. :(

Old or not, if it bumps to the top of the page I see it. ;)

@Bahmo: The only xml files you need are Civ4CityLSystem, Civ4PlotLSystem and GlobalTypes. I've been thinking of including the English and Russian cityset Woodelf and Windelay created, but I won't do it before I finish my current changes in the citybuilding department.
Come back by Monday, I think I'll have an update by then on my current changes. ;)

How do you make civ-unique building graphics? I see how its done with units but how can make the palace have unique graphics? Or do I have to create a whole new building to make it "alternate"? thx

I'm only doing xml, no modeling. But it's indeed the same as with units: if you want to have it look different, you have to create a new model. :)

Top Bottom